Im thinking of building a beckoner/paladin for deadfire what chants and invocations seems most useful this time round? Also do chanters chant stack with each so would two characters using same chant stack?

Edited by flazeo25

For a Beckoner/Paladin I find the best abilites in the beta are Zealous Focus, Shared Flames (upgrade of Flames of Devotion that puts a 20% burning lash onto your summons ) and the phrase "Mith Fyr" which adds an additional +25% burning lash onto your summons.

That is the offensive way: making your summons hit a lot harder.

You can also go the defensive route and choose Exhalted Endurance (healing aura, upgrade of Zalous Endurace) and Ancient Memory. Both healing "auras" stack and make sure your summons don't die quickly. 

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Would come soft death chant and sheild chant be also useful to grab, also do bleak warriors acid transfer over with share flames for summons and does KW healing ability affect sumons?

Edited by flazeo25

I can't see much use for Soft Winds of Death - it doesn't affect summons at all.

No, Shared Flames is the same for all paladin subclasses: 20% burning lash for 20 sec (base).

Summons get healed by Kind Wayfarer's White Flames, yes.

Would come soft death chant and sheild chant be also useful to grab?

For a tanky build, yes. Soft winds self heal stacks with ancient memory heal on the PC... if you chant them together, that is.

If you go Kind wayfarer then your FoD will also have AoE heal, which is a lot of passive healing around the PC. Dual wield will proc the FoD AoE heal twice I believe. Then you can use Lay on Hands when needed.

The shield chant is just good all around.

Ancient Memory stacks with itself and is 1 health per second base instead of 2 health per 3 sec (Soft Winds). So I would only use Ancient Memory if I wanted to improve my tankyness and that of the summons (and party). Soft Winds adds a bit of AoE damage instead.

White Flames procs only on graze/hit/crit. When dual wielding it procs twice.

Edited by Boeroer

Okay, so this is a question that probably applies to Chanters in general, but may have synergies for Beckoners in particular.

I take Gernisc Slew The Beast, But Soon Faced Its Kin. That summons 3 Wurms (6 if Beckoner), which from what I remember from the first PoE spits fire as a ranged attack.

If I have this Chanter go with Sure-Handed Ila, does it affect the rate at which the summoned Wurms spit fire as well?

Yes, it does. :)

Combine it with Mith Fyr and your wurms will also have +25% burning lash. Unfortunately as a Beckoner you'd need 30 INT to run both without a gap (all phrases now have 6 sec duration + 3 sec linger time). But maybe there are some decent items for Chanters that can change this.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Yes, it does. :)

Combine it with Mith Fyr and your wurms will also have +25% burning lash. Unfortunately as a Beckoner you'd need 30 INT to run both without a gap (all phrases now have 6 sec duration + 3 sec linger time). But maybe there are some decent items for Chanters that can change this.

Awesome.  :grin:

Pity about the Mith Fyr gap, but otherwise my Sharpshooter/Beckoner One-Man Barrage is a go!  :p

Edited by Ascaloth
  • Like 1