Hellwalker

Dr <3

Sorry to open a topic about this, bit i am in vacation and can't test personally...

Somebody knows how hellwalker actually works? I mean, you should get +5% dmg for every wound, with a cap of +50% dmg received for 10 wounds.

My questions is:

- this bonus damage you get is additive or multiplicative? I mean is like the enemy that attacks you have an active sneack attack (addittive) or like it have +16 str ( multiplicative)?

Actually is really a strage "trait" in the end... Is very difficult to grasp the real effect. I mean :

against languefath: they have low base dmg, they get +30% for weapon quality, maybe +50% if they crit, so even if they get another +50% from hellwalker, this is not an huge gap. And all is multiplied by a low might.

Against titan : he have huge base dmg, no "quality weapon" addittive dmg, high might. Against him, add +50% dmg, further multiplied by might hurts a lot.

So we can say that against monster that use weapons with quality and low might the hellwalker cons are minor; agains monster with attacks with high base dmg ( and spells too) you defenetly see the difference

If u don’t wanna get the huge extra damage penalty from helwalker when fighting titan, you can clear the wounds by spamming some instant cast abilities, like that +Str inspiration one, just cast 5 in a row and u will clear all 10 wounds and avoid the extra damage. Need some micro tho.

Edited by dunehunter

Iron Wheel I can see - but why Turning Wheel?

What also helps is Duality with +10 CON at 10 wounds.

Ofc, +10 const is another awesone thing. When you max out wounds you will get +10 str, +10 cons --> +40 fortitude too

I'm looking at the best set up to replicate my Anvil monk build from poe1.

Since it will focus about high retaliation, turning will will help too. Iron will will take you alive increasing armor ( hopefully) , turning will will let you kill faster the attacker with more retaliation dmg. Now battleforged doesn't scale, but i expect it will be powerful enough in the full game.

I"m leaning to single class monk, have to decide between nazalpaca ( probably the safer one) or hellwalker ( more aggressive, better dmg and fortitude, bit higher risk of actually dying).

But have obviously to play a couple of run of the full game before actually plan the build... Mostly because of the items ( i.e. the skaen robe alone look awesome) and high lvl abilities.

Maybe an idea could be to multiclass:

chiper for more dmg - if it applies to retaliation - / pain link ( kind of double rooting pain) / too bad that body attunement can't be casted on self;

warrior for vet recovery, the massive unbending, mob stance - if it triggers with death on battleforged retaliation;

Paladin for healings, regen aura, better defences;

Chanter for sweet winds, and maybe old siec phrase, if retaliation dmg will become able to leech life back to you it could be largely OP

Hehe - I meant why is Wellspring of Life up all the time with a Helwalker? Because of the increased INT of Duality or because of Swift Strikes or Crucible upgrade - or is there another synergy with Helwalker/Wellspring of Life that I missed?

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Hehe - I meant why is Wellspring of Life up all the time with a Helwalker? Because of the increased INT of Duality or because of Swift Strikes or Crucible upgrade - or is there another synergy with Helwalker/Wellspring of Life that I missed?

Helwalker's get a +1 might increase for each wound.

Nature Godlike's Wellspring of life says

"The souls of nature godlike respond powerfully to Inspiration. While a nature godlike is under the effects of any Might, Constitution, or Dexterity Inspiration they benefit from an increased Power Level"

That +1 might from Helwalker counts as an inspiration in the beta, or my game was acting up. Because i sure wasnt tossing any buffs at him, and he had his +2 PL. I'm not at home to double check or screen shot, unfortunately. All I do is work. :(

It could also be an unintended bug I found. Dunno.

• Like 1

Yes, that's what I meant. Cool - because I haven't noticed that "trick". But it's a great piece of info to have. I just wanted to make sure I understood you correctly.

I can just fire up Deadfire and double-check. Then we have certainty. Doen't mean it will still be in the final game, but still good to know.  Wait a minute...

So... I made a quick lvl 6 Nature Godlike Helwalker and let him get attacked by a tiger. Unfortunately the MIG bonus from wounds does not trigger Wellspring of Life in beta4.

You'll have to use "proper" inspirations for that now.

• Like 1

So... I made a quick lvl 6 Nature Godlike Helwalker and let him get attacked by a tiger. Unfortunately the MIG bonus from wounds does not trigger Wellspring of Life in beta4.

Better this way

Better this way

I agree. I thought it was too easy, personally.

Anyway sorry for the misinfo, and thanks for double checking, Boeroer.

• Like 1