Would my computer die if I don't met sr

How old is your PC?  The requirements for the game are really not demanding.  If you don't meet Deadfires minimum specs you probably want to look at a new computer/laptop,  300-400 dollar pc should be able to meet the requirements if not exceed them.

If you just can't afford to look at a pc right now worst case scenario is just like Artaios said.  Game might not run, or it may just not play smoothly.

• Like 5

How old is your PC?

I'm guessing Baldurs Gate old ;)
  • Like 3

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

the first game ran well for my laptop, the load times were atrocious though taking about 2 minutes to load a game and around half a minute between each transition. and there was also a slow down at the "cutscene" right before the final boss fight

My cpu is probably what is dragging the game down, a N3540 intel processor 2.16 GHz (overclocked by default to 2.66 GHz)

6025422_EFPg_C_v1.png

Idk about you guys, but some WM areas were pretty laggy for me. Like 35 fps laggy.

If 35fps is lagging for you invest in a g-sync or freesync (depending on your video card) display. The problem isn't the fps score, the problem is the variation between what it was and what you are getting now. If you have a steady 30fps that's not nearly as big a deal as 35-60 all over the place is. G-sync and Freesync smooth that out.

the first game ran well for my laptop, the load times were atrocious though taking about 2 minutes to load a game and around half a minute between each transition. and there was also a slow down at the "cutscene" right before the final boss fight

My cpu is probably what is dragging the game down, a N3540 intel processor 2.16 GHz (overclocked by default to 2.66 GHz)

You overclocked a laptop?

You overclocked a laptop?

it's a factory model feature, it's technically an overclock but it's just a default thing of the model.

6025422_EFPg_C_v1.png

This is my rig. It runs the beta perfect!

5eYSAYY.png

So don't worry man.

That's the most expensive coffee maker I've ever seen :o
  • Like 2

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...