How does the Kind Wayfarers ability work?

So flames of devotion heal allies - what does that mean?

The ability heals INSTEAD of doing damage at all or ADDITIONALLY... and how does the heal work? It heal when i target an ally with it? Or it heals allies close by when i damage an enemy with it? or like an aura?

Additionally. Your FoD strikes will still do the usual damage.

Your FoD strikes have to graze/hit/crit. If they do they will generate an additional healing pulse that heals your allies in an AoE.

If you miss nothing will happen. No damage, no healing.

Actually I'm not 100% sure if it also works on grazes. I forgot. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

The base value (14 health per pulse if I'm not mistaken) can be influenced by Power Level(forgot how much), by MIG and also by abilities that improve healing done by 15% (forgot the name of that passive, it comes at ability tier/Power Level IV).

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

@Boeroer: Is the heal influenced by the damage the strike itself deals?

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

I personally feel that KW base healing should be increased to compete with the other Pally unique abilities, particularly the likes of Bleak Walkers corrode damage effectiveness.

14 isn't that much.

"If you would, you could become all flame" - Abba Joseph of the Desert Fathers.

I just played with it a bit, with a decent MGT score and being level 7 nothing changed the listed (black text) value of 14. However, it does trigger twice with dual weapon strikes, which is a huge deal and even though the listed value was 14 it was actually healing 19 so it does seem to raise a little based on something (power level, perhaps).

04.28.2018-20.40.png

04.28.2018-20.42.png

I just played with it a bit, with a decent MGT score and being level 7 nothing changed the listed (black text) value of 14. However, it does trigger twice with dual weapon strikes, which is a huge deal and even though the listed value was 14 it was actually healing 19 so it does seem to raise a little based on something (power level, perhaps).

That is not correct. White Flames does scale with MIG and also with Power Level.

Just open the console during combat, set MIG to 35 and you can see a +75% increase of healing.

Wellspring of Life also raises the healing because of increased PL. Note that both are multiplicative, so with very high MIG and PL you can get pretty good numbers, especially (like you showed) because WF triggers twice when dual wielding.

Also Practiced Healer (+15%) works as I said. 

Of course your party members should have more lost health than 14 to see a healing effect that's bigger - else the healing just caps off.

The tooltip with the flat 14 is not set up properly to display influenced (like so many tooltips in the beta if you just look at them in char sheet instead on the action bar).

I rechecked that 5 minutes ago just to be sure nothing has changed.

Edited by Boeroer

I personally feel that KW base healing should be increased to compete with the other Pally unique abilities, particularly the likes of Bleak Walkers corrode damage effectiveness.

14 isn't that much.

I think it's sufficient. It will trigger twice when you dual wield or have a bashing shield (I guess ?) and scales with MIG and Power Level as well as Practiced Healer (PH). I could reach healing amounts of 2x27 with very high MIG and Wellspring of Life at lvl 6. PL bonus is multiplicative with the MIG and the PH bonus - so even at higher levels this should scale okish.

• Like 1

That is not correct. 

Actually, everything I said (at least in what you quoted) was correct. It sounds though like you are confirming the black text without updating the actual healing number is a bug, which I assumed when I was healing 19 rather than 14.

"The tooltip with the flat 14 is not set up properly to display influenced (like so many tooltips in the beta if you just look at them in char sheet instead on the action bar)."

Edited by bleedthefreak

I meant the part where you said that a decent MIG score doesn't change the value of 14. Which suggests that MIG has no effect.

And that's what I meant when saying "not correct".

Sorry if I misinterpreted your statement. :)

KW is always pretty strong in both PoE 1 and 2, I did a moongodlike Kind wayfare/Helwaker buid in beta 1 before the lash and sworn enemy nerf. I can easily solo beta at PoTD.

Then in beta 2 they nerfed both lash of FoD and Lightning strike, and then change the heal effect to proc only on hit/crit in beta 3, and to proc on graze/hit/crit in beta 4. ;)

Edited by dunehunter

Yup, good job with the videos :) have been looking forward to them daily to meet the demands of my Deadfire hype haha.

As for the Kind Wayfarer I'm at work so I can't do any testing at the moment but I'd be interested in learning if it's functioning as intended

I put a little video together to show it off for the OP.

Oh man, so you are that guy, thanks for the videos! think i watched all of them :D

What about a video on the craftable items? ;)

Thanks for watching!

There isn't much on crafting in the beta. There are the potion/scroll/food recipes but you don't really have the materials (that I've seen, maybe you can use the console to cheat them in?) but it's the same as before in that regard - pick "potion of major regeneration" and craft 2 of them if you have the mats, etc. 

The real crafting, the way to expand on existing magic items, doesn't seem to actually be in the beta (a lot of %missing sting% type stuff). I suppose that's supposed to be something that we enjoy finding out about at release? Or maybe I'm just missing something.

Mmm alright. I was just curious to know if/which there were more potions/scrolls, thanks!

I did put what I know about crafting (as well as showing off what recipes we do have/know about) at the end of my newest video for you. Enjoy!

Edited by bleedthefreak
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...