can you reach level 20 without the expansions? not happy if you cant!

I am very concerned that we have been duped

I backed on the fig portal Deadfire that clearly said that the level cap would be level 20,

This was one of the stretch goals i think

There was no mention that the level cap would be reached in any future expansions

To clarify the FIG website clearly indicated to backers that the original game of deadire would have a level cap of 20

Now i am really concerned that this will be the level cap at the end of the third expansion and we may be only able to reach say level 14 in the main game and each expansion will allow for another 2 levels each, just like the white march expansions.

If this is the case I will be extremely super pissed off and very concerned that the base game will be to small.

We need this clarified from OBS straight away please!!!!

• Like 1

I backed on the fig portal Deadfire that clearly said that the level cap would be level 20,

There was no mention that the level cap would be reached in any future expansions

To clarify the FIG website clearly indicated to backers that the original game of deadire would have a level cap of 20

Now i am really concerned that this will be the level cap at the end of the third expansion and we may be only able to reach say level 14 in the main game and each expansion will allow for another 2 levels each, just like the white march expansions.

If this is the case I will be extremely super pissed off and very concerned that the base game will be to small.

klsI3Mr.jpg

• Like 28

Stop making new topics about the same thing. You already complained about the expansions and worried that the base game would be too short.

There's already 2 topics about the DLCs. Devs really won't be arsed to respond to this.

Edited by Hybridsalmon
  • Like 7

I am very concerned that we repeat ourselves.

I backed on the fig portal Deadfire that clearly said that the level cap would be level 20.

This was one of the stretch goals i think and I have no reason to assume that this has changed.

There was no mention that the level cap would not be reached in the main game.

To clarify the FIG website clearly indicated to backers that the original game of deadire would have a level cap of 20.

Now I am totally not concerned that there will be a lower level cap at the end of main game. At no point there was an indication that we may be only able to reach say level 14 in the main game and each expansion will allow for another 2 levels each, just like the white march expansions.

Because of this I will be relaxed and patient and won't open any weird conspiracy threads (multiple times) that suggest that the base game will be to small.

We need no clarification from OBS.

That would have been a somewhat reasonable post - albeit superfluous I guess,

---

In the latest stream Andy Aartz (who was playing Deadfire in its current state) was lvl 18 in the main game and hadn't reached max level yet. Quite save to say that lvl 20 is still the max level in the base game.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 8

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

POE1 : You can reach level 12. and you have +4 levels for extensions.

POE2 : I think it is difficult to increase again after 20. But if there is no limit-break like POE1, in this case, multiclass can reach spells level 18 for example. An item to unlock a possibility to increase your efficiency.

Multiclass : unlock spells level 16-18.

Singleclass : Add +2 power level for all spells.

This is a ways to stay with an advantage with single (19-20 always exclusive + a better PL) and reduce lock content for multiclass.

OR

Obsidian can take a bigger level (22 ?) with or without an unlocker item (used = I can now gain again XP 20 to 22 for example)

Edited by theBalthazar

Yes, we get that you're very concerned since you're constantly making threads explaining so.

This is, as the other threads, unsubstantiated and overly negative.

Edited by Yenkaz
  • Like 4

If you feel a post or thread violates the rules, please report it for mod review.  Trying to self-police the forum only results in ill-feelings on all sides.

• Like 3

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

If you feel a post or thread violates the rules, please report it for mod review.  Trying to self-police the forum only results in ill-feelings on all sides.

Is this in response to me?

I don't think it violates any rules, but isn't it allowed to reply with opinions critical of a poster constantly reposting the same, rebranded, negative spiral?

Is this in response to me?

I don't think it violates any rules, but isn't it allowed to reply with opinions critical of a poster constantly reposting the same, rebranded, negative spiral?

It was a general request to all posters not directed at any individual; a couple of posts in this thread seemed to have the potential to lead the thread towards a "don't post here" or "your thoughts are not welcome" form of self-policing.  As there have been some high-tensions running on the forum this week, I thought perhaps a proactive comment may help rather than to be re-active later on once a discussion has taken a turn for the worse. 

Being negative in comments about PoE II or being critical of those same comments are not, in and of themselves and without further context, posts that violate the guidelines.

• Like 2

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Actually we don't need that. And OBS has no obligation to say anything about your max level concern. You're coming on very entitled in your post, and it really doesn't further either constructive dialog about the topic or proper forum decorum in general.

• Like 2

Oh man.

Seems like as we approach release more of these unfounded , strange concerns are popping up.

Anyhow Obsidian , you clearly owe the man an answer.

Haha

Edited by ArmyP
  • Like 1

Have you tried hyperventilating into a paper bag?

Relax, and enjoy the day.

Files this away for future use.
  • Like 3

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Really ? Check the latest stream, its clear that you can reach high levels without any of the expansions. Maybe you should chill out and take a break from the forum too...

After specifically warning about not wanting "don't post here" type posts, you're really going to post to tell someone to take a break from the forum?

Seeing the productiveness of this thread - if there was one - gone, this thread is locked.

• Like 3