"The Wall" doesn't work correctly

Tommy1984

Question

The shield proficiency modal "The Wall" should give the Affliction "Immobilized" (see screenshot)

In the current state:
- the character can't move (as intended)
- but the character doesn't get -5 Dex
- also the afflication can not be downgraded to "Hobbled" (Woodelf with Dexterity Resistance)

post-195492-0-73168100-1524767102_thumb.jpgpost-195492-0-41277200-1524767104_thumb.jpg

Don't know if this is a bug or just bad naming.

3 answers to this question

I assume that the shield modal should make you only unable to move but not give you an affliction.

The game automatically ceates a link when a text uses a word with a cyclopedia entry. Sometimes this can lead to links in positions where they should not be.

Maybe they should replace the word "immobilized" in the first image with another term that implies the same but does not have a link, like "unable to move".

I do not think that using a shield should lower your dex.

As a Woodelf Fighter with the talent "Unstoppable" (2x Dexterity Resistance) you could completly negate this - so you would get no downsides. But I think you are right and it is not intended to be a "real" affliction.

Those affliction resistances don't stack, for some reason.

Granted, you'd think the UI would communicate such an exception to the game's stacking rules rather clearly—and you'd be mistaken...

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus