My steam says 9th of May release ? I thought it was the 8th?

A Time Zone difference maybe?

I believe if you lived in the Seychelles, for example, and the game launched at 1:00 PM PST on May 8, it wouldn't launch for you until 1:00 AM GST on May 9.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Come on lighten up, you have to take a joke in life.

I can joke about many things.....(Which I won't list in fear of getting banned lol),  nothing is off limits to me...EXCEPT! Video dame delays...that, just f*** breaks my heart...So next time, if you'd be kind enough to talk about some younglings getting slaughtered by a fallen Jedi, that'd be really great! I'd appropriate it. 

The game will release on May 8 in the US. Almost certainly at 10:00am PDT, though we don't have confirmation on a time yet.

This would be May 8 17:00 UTC. Calculate the difference to match your time zone.

• Like 1

Steam store page says 9th of May

I don't know but I'm worried that Deadfire won't fair too well. There's far too many big titles coming out in May and it ends up looking like a poor decision on Obsidian's part. Then again, June has even more great games releasing so I guess it's a do or die situation.

It's a legit cause of concern for those who care about sales and well-being. We don't want Obsidian to go hungry now!

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

There's far too many big titles coming out in May and it ends up looking like a poor decision on Obsidian's part.

Such as? Looking at a list of releases I'm mostly seeing Switch ports and games with niche audiences.

The Sharmat on Sensuki:

"It is not Baldur's Gate 3 he yearns to play. It is the experience of playing Baldur's Gate for the first time."

I see alot and while the argument will be "Those games are not the same genre" they still appeal and will steal Deadfire's target audience (No gamer really limits themselves to one genre anyway and many pc gamers also own at least one console as well).

Here's just 29 of them:

Yes, I know, this is the Obsidian forums so someone will come and tell me that they only play one genre or are an rpg gamer and don't own a console *Deep sigh* XD

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

There's far too many big titles coming out in May and it ends up looking like a poor decision on Obsidian's part.

Such as? Looking at a list of releases I'm mostly seeing Switch ports and games with niche audiences.

Seriously Eternity is fine, there is no other game similar to it that is coming out in May.  People who WANT Deadfire are going to buy it.  Remember, Eternity is niche as heck. It is not going to be some multi million unit seller, it just isn't. Doesn't matter when it releases. 

This is the complete list of non wierdo steam games coming out on May 8th.

Conan Exiles (PS4, Xbox One, PC) – May 8

Destiny 2: Warmind (PS4, Xbox One, PC) – May 8

Last Encounter (PC) – May 8

Megadimension Neptunia VIIR (PS4) – May 8

Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire (PC) – May 8

Raging Justice (PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC) – May 8

Tacoma (PS4) – May 8

AO International Tennis (PS4, Xbox One) – May 8

Nothing in there even remotely competes with Deadfire, some of them aren't even new games, just releases on new platforms.  Anyone who is going to buy any of those games over Deadfire, was never going to buy Deadfire until the first steam sale anyway.

Edited by Karkarov
  • Like 1

No gamer really limits themselves to one genre anyway and many pc gamers also own at least one console as well.

Yes, I know, this is the Obsidian forums so someone will come and tell me that they only play one genre or are an rpg gamer and don't own a console *Deep sigh* XD

Ach dammit! Why that second part? I already typed half of my reply in my head! :hairpull:

;)

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

No gamer really limits themselves to one genre anyway and many pc gamers also own at least one console as well.

Ach dammit! Why that second part? I already typed half of my reply in my head! :hairpull:

;)

Lol, he is right, no gamer (well normal ones) plays only one genre.

That said, everyone does have a favorite genre.  And if your favorite genre is traditional party based single player RPG's you really don't have much happening in the month of May outside Deadfire.  Well there is Hyper Dimension Neptunia, but do I really need to explain how Deadfire and it are aimed at two wildly different groups of people?

I don't know but I'm worried that Deadfire won't fair too well. There's far too many big titles coming out in May and it ends up looking like a poor decision on Obsidian's part. Then again, June has even more great games releasing so I guess it's a do or die situation.

You really are Mr. Positive, aren't you?

• Like 1

;)

That said, everyone does have a favorite genre.  And if your favorite genre is traditional party based single player RPG's you really don't have much happening in the month of May outside Deadfire.  Well there is Hyper Dimension Neptunia, but do I really need to explain how Deadfire and it are aimed at two wildly different groups of people?

This is not true.  I only play RPGs.  Literally, no other genre interests me. I'm playing Battletech right now... which is basically an RPGlite with mechs instead of swords and magic. 

"1 is 1"

;)

This is not true.  I only play RPGs.  Literally, no other genre interests me. I'm playing Battletech right now... which is basically an RPGlite with mechs instead of swords and magic. 

I guess we're going off topic now, but the OP has been answered...

How is Battletech? I've seen some real iffy reviews.

nowt