Cool gears in the new sneak peak

Tekehu's stats seem to be pretty terrible for a druid. Prob the class with the best damage spells and he's got might 12, dex 11 and per 10.

Yeah, feels like he is more optimized for a chanter. However, I’m sure with gear and then being really particular on what food you feed him you could get him to be a decent Druid.

Tekehu's stats seem to be pretty terrible for a druid. Prob the class with the best damage spells and he's got might 12, dex 11 and per 10.

Yeah, feels like he is more optimized for a chanter. However, I’m sure with gear and then being really particular on what food you feed him you could get him to be a decent Druid.

Pretty sure you can make anyone fit the role you want, it's just disappointing that it looks like they give companion odd attributes on purpose just to makes things harder (but at least on poe they realized some of the attributes were nonsense and they changed them)

Yeah that Arquebus looks really powerful, it has one jump :)

With ranger it would be 1+1+1 hits, 3 hits from arquebus jump and driving flight. If u use twin shot it gonna be 3 X 2 = 6 hits ops!

Twin arrows only works with the hunting bow and the war bow in poe 1. Guns get powder burns. 

Edited by Logos

"Of all the kids in The Breakfast Club, Ally Sheedy would be the first one to sense Cthulhu's coming." -Patton Oswalt 

Yeah that Arquebus looks really powerful, it has one jump :)

With ranger it would be 1+1+1 hits, 3 hits from arquebus jump and driving flight. If u use twin shot it gonna be 3 X 2 = 6 hits ops!

Twin arrows only works with the hunting bow and the war bow in poe 1. Guns get powder burns. 

You sure? Because i saw Maria use twin shot with arquebus in the twitch video. Maybe it's another ability.

He said PoE1 - there it's called Twinned Arrows and was bow only (despite crossbows and arbalests also using arrows;)).

In Deadfire it's called Twinned Shot and I presume it works with all ranged weapons. Not only because of the new name, but also because what you (and I) saw in the stream.

Wonder what rod + modal would do with Twinned Shot - it's already quite bonkers with Driving Flight (or was, didn't test in beta 4).

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Pretty sure you can make anyone fit the role you want, it's just disappointing that it looks like they give companion odd attributes on purpose just to makes things harder (but at least on poe they realized some of the attributes were nonsense and they changed them)

That’s not true on why they assign attributes. Viable characters to help the player is a part of their aim, but they largely assign attributes based on the personality and backstory of the character. They’ve said this awhile back, can’t remember where.

• Like 4

That’s not true on why they assign attributes. Viable characters to help the player is a part of their aim, but they largely assign attributes based on the personality and backstory of the character. They’ve said this awhile back, can’t remember where.

Completely agree with this approach to stat allocation, I was just looking for some minor changes.

Maybe one point each from int, res and dex moved to might. That way you still have a character with high int and good resolve so character concept stays the same, but now 15 might is something to work with atleast

Here's what I could caption (I missed some stuff that was really on displayed for a fraction of a second I couldn't pause at the exact moment.)

LPpVT59.jpg

KScOPbc.jpg

ZhDXTmU.jpg

50K3bZG.jpg

c66oFUq.jpg

That last cloak looks awesome. Man, I am starting to get really hyped. PoE1 was a good game and I obviously liked it enough to back it, get the beta, and the season pass but it's not something I would have put into the HoF of RPG's. Fingers crossed that this one gets in after a solid couple of months of patching. 

And Beckoner I presume.

Actually it will be amazing for Beckoner since they tend to have a larger number of weaker creatures so the extra penetration may be just what they need to break a DR threshold.

They only have less health. The rest is the same.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

The broom has different stats in the latest backer update from what was shown in the QA stream:

8KQAL4V.jpg

Which one shows the latest build is the question...

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Could it be that the two different versions represent two different enchantment upgrade options for it, or one pre-enchantment upgrade and one post-enchantment upgrade? From what I've seen on YouTube videos of the backer beta, it looks like for these uniques there are multiple incompatible ways to enchant and upgrade them.

That would make sense. "Is that a broom?" could be the upgrade to "You can't be serious" :D

• Like 2

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

And Beckoner I presume.

Actually it will be amazing for Beckoner since they tend to have a larger number of weaker creatures so the extra penetration may be just what they need to break a DR threshold.

Throw in some solid, non-affliction Cipher debuffs like Body Attunement and you've got a nice sub-squad for dealing with larger enemies.

And Beckoner I presume.

Throw in some solid, non-affliction Cipher debuffs like Body Attunement and you've got a nice sub-squad for dealing with larger enemies.

Honestly Beckoner seems to work with everything. Every class can benefit from a primarily passive group of minions who tank and DPS for you.