Cool gears in the new sneak peak

So everybody saw that Street Sweeper so I will not mention it here :p

Some other cool gears, a singing sabre that gives stackable lash for each phrase chanted, and also refund resource point for each empowered invocation casted.

A cool cloak that gives bonus damage for attack from stealth, and stun enemy too.

All looks really uniques and fun. Well done Obisidian!

• Like 8

So everybody saw that Street Sweeper so I will not mention it here :p

Some other cool gears, a singing sabre that gives stackable lash for each phrase chanted, and also refund resource point for each empowered invocation casted.

A cool cloak that gives bonus damage for attack from stealth, and stun enemy too.

All looks really uniques and fun. Well done Obisidian!

Actually I'd appreciate it if people could post screenshots - - I was chromecasting the stream and the text on those items came out super blurry.

It also looks like Tekehu's bonus spells from being a Watershaper are somewhat unique. For example he gets "Watery Double" instead of "Wizard Double"—a liquid copy of himself that can cast a few Water spells.

• Like 2

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Here's what I could caption (I missed some stuff that was really on displayed for a fraction of a second I couldn't pause at the exact moment.)

LPpVT59.jpg

KScOPbc.jpg

ZhDXTmU.jpg

50K3bZG.jpg

c66oFUq.jpg

• Like 10

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

More:

zgoRDTg.jpg

aNpkGdV.jpg

E6xCoSk.jpg

Wh0zXoc.jpg

dtysmJZ.jpg

• Like 8

Few more:

S9htNcf.jpg

qAVlXAA.jpg

tE20eEP.jpg

cvwQlHY.jpg

NeDVeDE.jpg

• Like 7

Not over just yet:

uAcwPNZ.jpg

Y6f9g2m.jpg

njkWVTk.jpg

ipXxeix.jpg

7CZGOGT.jpg

ZdlD2f2.jpg

• Like 8

MOAR:

DrAVk7h.jpg

AHrRR2X.jpg

2BhkbIW.jpg

hJdmCY7.jpg

o0OsIt7.jpg

bEniI1f.jpg

(last one is tiny and it sucks because I only took it to let Carrie know of the typo LOL)

• Like 4

Last batch:

yxaCeos.jpg

CVT3qsX.jpg

pkOj2bR.jpg

yTKYP2R.jpg

HRcjyZW.jpg

24aKq15.jpg

• Like 6

Not over just yet:

uAcwPNZ.jpg

Y6f9g2m.jpg

njkWVTk.jpg

ipXxeix.jpg

7CZGOGT.jpg

ZdlD2f2.jpg

Holy ****, you're a wonderful person. Thank you for this.

Also, I'm overjoyed to see that quarterstaff - staff-wielding mages is one of my favorite archetypes that I couldn't optimize in PoE because most of the staves simply weren't good on casters (the fireball staff was nice, though, I ended up using that so my priest of magran could pretend to be a wizard)

• Like 3

I was doing the same thing, hah. Except just for equipment/artifacts. Oh well. My screenshots look somewhat better and I've caught a bunch more items, so it wasn't a wasted effort.

Here's the imgur album. 31 items at the start (alphabetically sorted), 7 pets at the end. Plus a few instances of the cut-off tip of Josh Sawyer's head.

I also spotted a 'Fragments of Whispers of Yenwood' item, though I didn't take a screenshot.

Edited by Aravane
  • Like 6

It must have been a gargantuan effort to catch all of those, as some were really only shown for a fraction of a second! Thanks!

EDIT: What did you use to caption?

I used Snipping Tool, which clearly doesn't yield great quality.

Edited by AndreaColombo

It must have been a gargantuan effort to catch all of those, as some were really only shown for a fraction of a second! Thanks!

EDIT: What did you use to caption?

I used Snipping Tool, which clearly doesn't yield great quality.

I downloaded the Twitch video to my hard drive via JDownloader 2 and used my normal video player (MPC-BE) to go frame-to-frame when something flashed by. So I had the video in its native resolution and I avoided the screen-darkening-on-pause that Twitch does. I took the actual screen captures with the Snipping Tool just like you - it's pretty handy.

• Like 4

Thanks for posting those.

I kept looking for a gun, kept looking for a gun, then:

https://i.imgur.com/HRcjyZW.jpg

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/2435760853731770266/B4BFF87D63D9BDBEB5F29A6E22FA9A0FDCA4FFDE/

Note the difference? The legendary item has an extra -5 accuracy penalty, and also makes the wielder take damage when they attack with it!

good times

edit: ok I was whining sorry, the +25% damage as burn was obscured. still though it seems like a bug if the active beta doesn't have the accuracy penalty and the "live" version still does.

Edited by Dr. Hieronymous Alloy

Awesome! That staff would be sexy on a Skald. Would be good for a Skald/Wizard Gish or maybe a Skald/Druid.

I wonder if you lose the buffs to melee when spiritshifted. You probably do, but it's sexy none the less.

I'm also digging the singing scimitar. If you MC your Chanter in such a way to mostly focus on Phrases and minimal invocations. A melee Troubadour that focuses on his phrases while using his other class for dps. Maintaining around 8% attack speed bonus. Troubadour/Rogue or Troubadour/Cipher with that thing could be fun.