Physical backer items delayed

Backers just got this email:

Greetings, Backers!

We wanted to discuss with you the physical orders for Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire. When we started the campaign last year, our goal was to get the
physical items out to you day-and-date with the release of the game on May 8th. We also wanted to make sure what we were creating was even higher quality
than what we delivered to our original Pillars of Eternity Backers, and they are!

We are very happy with how the physical items have turned out and we are sure you will be as well. Unfortunately, we were unable to hit dates on our end
that would have allowed those quality items to get to us on time. We are doing everything in our power to make sure they get here as soon as possible,
including air shipping items in, and anticipate that the delay won't be greater than a few weeks.

Everyone who ordered a physical copy of the game is able to redeem a copy of their key on the Backer Portal now! You'll still be able to play Deadfire on
May 8th, and we will endeavor to get your physical items to you as soon as we can. For all of you who did back at physical item tier, we are very sorry for
the inconvenience of the delay and appreciate your patience with us. We will keep you all updated regularly on the status of the items so you know when to
expect everything.

Thank you all for your support and we can't wait for you to sail the Deadfire in a few short weeks

Anyone from Obsidian care to comment on whether some items (like the Guide Book) might ship earlier, or is everything going to come in one package?

• Like 2

Yes, just got the email myself.

Seems like things aren't going so wellx maybe something got screwed up somewhere.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Interesting... I never received an email and, I backed at the physical collector's tier.  

Check your spam folder, I never backed at a physical tier and I still got the message - I believe every backer did, not just those that made a specific order type.

Thanks for the suggestion. That is the first thing I checked went to look for the email. Unfortunately, the email wasn't there. I know I was getting fig and kickstarter updates when the respective campaigns were going. At this point, I'm not sure why I haven't received the email yet.