I did the Guidebook add-on and I just got an e-mail saying the physical items were being delayed. Is there an ETA on my guidebook and the other physical items? I read the one for PoE before playing and I was planning on doing the same for PoE 2.

My apologies if this has been asked someplace else or if there is a better place to post this question.

I also got a physical package, and I can't speak definitively, but I don't they would pay the shipping to send stuff out piecemeal. Now, IF you only had the guidebook and it is finished they may ship early, but I doubt it.

Personally, I'm fine as long as I can play my digital copy. It is already listed in my steam library ready for download. I can wait for all the physical stuff until they are all ready.

• Like 1

Personally, I'm fine as long as I can play my digital copy. It is already listed in my steam library ready for download. I can wait for all the physical stuff until they are all ready.

Agreed. This seems to be par for the course with crowd funded games. Not the end of the world.
  • Like 4

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Yeah I agree it is not a big deal. I would still be curious though. If the delay is only a few days I might wait for my guidebook. Otherwise I might not.

I didnt go physical with PoE1 as I was late to the party and was a Slacker Backer. So I cant say with regards to Obsidian. However, I did go physical with Torment, and didnt receive my stuff for a few weeks iirc. I had beaten the game by the time it arrived, and i believe I beat it twice. My memory is fuzzy.

• Like 1

Well, I am sure they will deliver our physical items and therefore I am not upset to not have it on the launch date.

And I really do not care why this happen. It is not like we will not be able to play the game.

And furthermore, the books will probably be available in pdf to download, so I will not miss on  reading that either.

Go go Obsidian. Bring us a great game :)

Best,

aa

Why is everyone getting super defensive about Obsidian now?

The guy asked a perfectly legit question. It was like this in the other topic, 'Obsidian can take their time, they can do whatever they want! Why do you care?!'

GEEEEEEEEEEEZ

nowt

Bummer. I too received the email late last night. I did not order a physical copy of the game, but I did order the paintable figures, pen and paper game, mouse pad, and the book.

I really wanted the book and mouse pad for day of launch....

The guy asked a perfectly legit question. It was like this in the other topic, 'Obsidian can take their time, they can do whatever they want! Why do you care?!'

GEEEEEEEEEEEZ

Because I feel like it. Just that simple.

I presume with getting older I am not that impatient anymore... and I can look past some issues if I get a game that not may studios can produce anymore. 

And I like the team. I cannot say I know, but I am sure they are giving their best and that is what is important.

Best,

Aa

• Like 1

GEEEEEEEEEEEZ

Because I feel like it. Just that simple.

I presume with getting older I am not that impatient anymore... and I can look past some issues if I get a game that not may studios can produce anymore.

And I like the team. I cannot say I know, but I am sure they are giving their best and that is what is important.

Best,

Aa

This, but I'm not really defending Obsidian so much as being realistic. This also ain't my first crowd funding rodeo so I know what to expect. I've backed a solid number of games. Two of the big ones are still in development and likely wont be out for years, yet. Star Citizen and Camelot Unchained. It's made me patient in these situations. Ironically my time to play and interest in MMOs might be dead by the time they launch. Getting older sucks.

Also, Mr Saywer is making a Table Top ruleset for the Pillars universe. I always expected that to slow things down. Even if it is a small book... It is a pretty big undertaking. Especially for one guy with a full time job.

• Like 2

And furthermore, the books will probably be available in pdf to download, so I will not miss on  reading that either.

Oh right I am getting that in pdf form aren't I? That will work. Thanks for the reminder!

And furthermore, the books will probably be available in pdf to download, so I will not miss on reading that either.

Oh right I am getting that in pdf form aren't I? That will work. Thanks for the reminder!

:)

A large part of the reason that I’m really not that upset

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

GEEEEEEEEEEEZ

This is of course anectodal, and thus worthless, but as someone who was part of a Kickstarter-funded project, I have grown to appreciate the rare moments of mellow understanding from one’s backers. Doubly so when there are large pledges involved and it sometimes feels like everyone’s waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Also, I didn’t really get the impression that OP got jumped on by the forum.