Ascendant and lifegiver questions for folks with beta access

Made a post in another thread, but due to my posts needing mod approval before they show up, it ended up getting a bit buried before it was ever even visible, so I figure a fresh thread is probably the safest bet. Other people with additional questions for those with beta access (regardless of class/spec) are welcome to post them in this thread as well.

Been trying to figure out how i'm going to be building my party and have a handful of questions for some of you folks with beta access, as accurate and up to date information can be a little tough to find without digging through thousands of posts. Big thanks in advance for any answers.

-Ascendant cipher:

1. What is the power level increase and the soul whip damage increase during ascended?

2. What is the power level decrease, soul whip damage decrease and focus increase when not ascended?

3. How long does ascended last? Does this duration scale with anything (int, power level, character level, etc)?

4. For anyone who has had a chance to play around with it, how does it feel with biting whip vs draining whip? Thinking of a sharpshooter/ascendant multiclass, so I was definitely leaning towards biting whip unless draining whip is really going to be essential for quickly getting back into ascended.

-Lifegiver druid:

1. What constitutes "creature summon spells"? Is this just actual minion summons like blights or does this also include spells like insect swarm and plague of insects?

2. What is the post spiritshift penalty on rejuvenation spells? Is this additive with the baseline +2 bonus? For example, if the decrease after spirit shift is -4 does that put the actual impact at -2 or is the +2 baseline ignored after coming out of shift?

3. For druid multiclass, is it possible to use other class spells during spiritshift, or locked out of casting non druid spells until the shift ends?

Example: I'm debating doing druid/troubadour or something like druid/priest as a serious buff/heal char and i assume chanting still continues during shift, but are invocations or priest spells usable during this time?

4. On that note, has anyone played around with any druid/chanter, druid/priest or other druid/support combinations, regardless of subclasses (though i'd prefer information on more support, heal, or caster type builds. I'm not crazy about melee druid)? How are they? Favorites, least favorites, points of interest, etc. 

Any opinions/information on any of these questions is much appreciated. Again, many thanks in advance.

re: ascended -- 

I'd have to check the exact numbers, but the base duration of the Ascended buff is 20 seconds or so, and it scales with Int. From trying different options you definitely want the Draining Whip as a single-class cipher to get to Ascended ASAP, but with a multiclass you might want the biting whip to boost you other class's damage, then just get to Ascended when you get to it, as it were. 

Lifegivers get +2 PL for rejuvenation and +5 on top (so +7) while shifted. After the shifting ends they suffer -5. Combined with the +2 they always have that's -3 after shifting ends.

Those PL boosts stack with other passive boosts like Wellspring of Life (nature godlike).

So a Nature Godlike Livegiver who's shifted and has an inspiration going will have +9 Power Levels for his rejuvenation spells. And yes, that's very, very powerful. :)

Only Shapeshifters can't cast while shifted. Lifegivers can obviously. The shifter malus includes spells from other classes.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

re: ascended -- 

I'd have to check the exact numbers, but the base duration of the Ascended buff is 20 seconds or so, and it scales with Int. From trying different options you definitely want the Draining Whip as a single-class cipher to get to Ascended ASAP, but with a multiclass you might want the biting whip to boost you other class's damage, then just get to Ascended when you get to it, as it were. 

Much appreciated. For some reason I thought I had seen a post a while ago saying it was 10 seconds, which with how long cast times are, was worrying to me. Glad to know its decent baseline + scaling with int. Definitely seems like for a ranger/ascendant multiclass that biting whip will be strong, since with the rangers ranged damage/accuracy talents +biting whip, it should be able to get ascended pretty quick still. And if its lasting 25+ seconds with high int, the slightly longer delay on getting back to ascended afterwards shouldn't be too bad. I'm guessing you're probably only talking one or maybe two extra attacks to get back into ascended with biting vs draining, and the damage increase on the ranger skills should be pretty significant.

Lifegivers get +2 PL for rejuvenation and +5 on top (so +7) while shifted. After the shifting ends they suffer -5. Combined with the +2 they always have that's -3 after shifting ends.

Those PL boosts stack with other passive boosts like Wellspring of Life (nature godlike).

So a Nature Godlike Livegiver who's shifted and has an inspiration going will have +9 Power Levels for his rejuvenation spells. And yes, that's very, very powerful. :)

Only Shapeshifters can't cast while shifted. Lifegivers can obviously. The shifter malus includes spells from other classes.

Great, thanks for the info. The nature godlike passive seems like it may be incredibly strong for pretty much every class, depending on how good the helm itemization is.

I already saw pets with +1 to PL (party wide) and several items with bonus to PL - so maybe Wellspring of Life will not have such a big impact anymore if you have several of those. Let's wait and see...

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods