Missing GUI instead of text, everywhere

Krajzen

Question

I have completed the game once, reinstalled it few months ago with the intent to finish it for the second time before Deadfire arrives. Back then I remember I have launched it to check if everything was fine and it was. I uninstalled it at some point and installed again, recently.

As I launch the game and menu opens, I see MISSING GUI [number] instead of every button text. The game is unplayable.

I have reinstalled it multiple times, verified game cache, changed game folder etc. Nothing worked. MISSING GUI. 

Apparently, it looks as if the game cannot "find" its own language files. Because log:

Failed to load H:/Pillars of Eternity/Pillars of Eternity/PillarsOfEternity_Data/data/localized/en/language.xml:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at System.Guid.NewGuid () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at System.Xml.Schema.XmlSchemaSet..ctor (System.Xml.XmlNameTable nameTable) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at System.Xml.Schema.XmlSchemaSet..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at Mono.Xml.Schema.XsdValidatingReader..ctor (System.Xml.XmlReader reader) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at System.Xml.XmlValidatingReader.Read () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at System.Xml.XmlDocument.ReadNodeCore (System.Xml.XmlReader reader) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at System.Xml.XmlDocument.ReadNode (System.Xml.XmlReader reader) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load (System.Xml.XmlReader xmlReader) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load (System.String filename) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at Language.Load (System.String filename) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

The same thing repeats for all its language versions.

Please, help.
Edited by Krajzen

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet