Here you go Hardest Difficulty possible with 1 character. i Just face tank it no strategie using a few potion.

Path of the damned + Expert + Trial of Iron + Scale Upwards ( all ) + #6 Background story ( less rewards ) + only 1 characer ( solo without die )

Watch the video let me know if it's hard...

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/262329128

I can remember first time i kill the last boss in PoE 1 it took me about 1 hour thinking what to do to not die. It was a real challenge with a full team double stack aoe heal etc.

poE 2 ? 1 character few potion don't move. How it come to this ?

Edited by Lobotechx
  • Like 2

OP, please just answer me this,: while Josh is balancing the game and programmers are fixing bugs, what are the writers and artists going to do?

Obsidian cannot suspend their salaries while the bugfixing is happening.

• Like 1

OP, please just answer me this,: while Josh is balancing the game and programmers are fixing bugs, what are the writers and artists going to do?

They are working on different game. Google a little bit.

But the original poster seemed to imply that Obsidian should concentrate its resources on properly finishing the game instead of doing DLCs and I am answering to that. Writers and artists can't help with bugfixing so they should do something else - like creating content for DLCs or working on other games. Obsidian is forced to create projects for them to work on, there is no way to avoid that.

Edited by wih
  • Like 1

But the original poster seemed to imply that Obsidian should concentrate its resources on properly finishing the game instead of doing DLCs and I am answering to that. Writers and artists can't help with bugfixing so they should do something else - like creating content for DLCs or working on other games. Obsidian is forced to create projects for them to work on, there is no way to avoid that.

U bet, They probly work on DLC but they also working on the other game which they are building right now. Just my research. Don't take that for cash :)

Unfortunately, the days are gone when an expansion is created after the fact due to overall performance of sales and or fans wanting more. Sadly, we live in a time where gamers as a whole have a "want it now" mentality and are willing to drop EXTRA money for things that used to be included or unlockable in games back in the day, like items, weapons, skins, etc.

The whole DLC thing has become so lucrative that every publisher and dev has jumped on board. I'm not saying this is the case with Obsidian. I genuinely trust them and they have produced many fine games throughout my lifetime. I do think that the announcement about the DLC release dates was premature, considering how much needs fixing in the base game, but this is what all companies are doing now.

Edited by Jayngo
  • Like 4

Unfortunately, the days are gone when an expansion is created after the fact due to overall performance of sales and or fans wanting more. Sadly, we live in a time where gamers as a whole have a "want it now" mentality and are willing to drop EXTRA money for things that used to be included or unlockable in games back in the day, like items, weapons, skins, etc.

The whole DLC thing has become so lucrative that every publisher and dev has jumped on board. I'm not saying this is the case with Obsidian. I genuinely trust them and they have produced many fine games throughout my lifetime. I do think that the announcement about the DLC release dates was premature, considering how much needs fixing in the base game, but this is what all companies are doing now.

They really tried to preserve the good old traditions with White March 1 and 2. Shame it didn't work out for them.

But I think DLCs may turn out to be a good option for a game like this. A smaller DLC won't make players assume it is a continuation of the story, which was a problem with the White March expansions. Also Obsidian won't have to take big risks with these DLCs and will be able to expand the Deadfire world little by little. If DLCs sell well, Obsidian can continue to make them and Deadfire will become bigger and more immersive. More islands, more dungeons, more companions... I'd like that, although I understand there are people who want to make their perfect playthrough and then move on.

Edited by wih
  • Like 1

Instead of Obsidian waiting until November to release everything in one go, you just wait until November before playing the game. There might even be some sales for you by then.

It's never a good idea. This isn't The Witcher 3 which is a huge brand, it's a very niche Crpg. Most people will not agree with expansions being split into 3 and you'll all see where I'm right when the sales comes in at release of each expansion vs the sale price or complete edition.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Well I'm sure I'm not alone when I say I respect devs more for pointless skins and weapons dlc than tacking on important content/story dlc.

Games without dlc have my most respect though, even if incomplete feeling...

Now of course, one can argue (and someone here most likely certainly will lol) that just because the game has important content/story dlc, doesn't mean it's incomplete and I say unto everyone "Heed my words, it actually IS an incomplete game"

For we will always know in the back of our mind, that we won't have the "complete" experience unless we have the dlc/expansions which complete the incomplete game in the first place.

And yes. Perhaps, Obsidian should had focused a bit more on the base game and worried about dlc's later... as if the development process wasn't messed up enough by needless things poking about.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Wasn't it among the best selling games on steam for some time now? Doesn't sound "very niche".

Most people who did the survey do agree. The others are just pissed because they missed the survey...

• Like 4

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I don't get why people bitch about DLC's. Like...there's more of the game to play, and you're whining about it.

EA and other money grubbing companies have made DLC into something negative and nasty. Horse Armor DLC ring a bell?

Me? I look at the content of the DLC as well as the price. If the content is worth the price, then I'll call it good and buy it (if its DLC that I'm interested of course).

• Like 5

Just addind Difficulty would add like 10 DLC of content i don't understand thier way of thinking. People would grind and search the area for decent item to complet thier set of equipement to continue the main quest.

I feel like it's a money decision making. The difficulty is a main problem and they don't talk about it.

Edited by Lobotechx

Just addind Difficulty would add like 10 DLC of content i don't understand thier way of thinking. People would grind and search the area for decent item to complet thier set of equipement to continue the main quest.

I feel like it's a money decision making. The difficulty is a main problem and they don't talk about it.

They acknowledged the difficulty on Veteran and PotD mode was a problem in the Tuesday Q&A stream and said they were going to fix it in an upcoming patch (and Sawyer has said so as well on his Q&A site).

• Like 1

Sense of entitlement is really strong these days.

This company went from dealing with retrenchment, to being on the verge of bankruptcy, to raising enough money for their first IP on kickstarter.

It's not some devil publisher out to suck your money.

You may not like that their are working on DLCs instead of fixing bugs. But guess what, if the DLCs are part of stretch goals, then they are also an obligation because people already paid money for it.

It sucks that we can't play the game the way we want it to on launch, but this is a far cry from something like Mass Effect Andromeda or Star Wars Battlefront.

• Like 4

I get the complaints. Used to be you would get a complete game and then maybe occasionally an expansion that was made after and sold separately. Now with modern technology games can easily be modified with new content added at any time. So dlc is now a way to bring in more profits for your game. This has lead to predatory business or practices all over the industry. EA is one of the most well known companies for this, the Sims 4 has just had so much cut out of the game and sold separately as dlc that really isn't worth what they are selling it for. The Sims is all about customisation though, so people want all the options and end up buying all this dlc on impulse and sinking tonnes of money into what is essentially a reskin of a very old game.

Micro transactions also exist to manipulate people's impulses with the "pay to look good" or "pay not to grind" tactics that a lot of companies use.

All of this brings in more money than a large expansion and costs a lot less money to do in the first place. All we can do is not buy from these companies and instead only buy dlc if it is actually worth the price it's being sold for.

I think the white march expansions were worth what they charged for them. I think these will probably be worth it too though as I've said before I would rather a larger expansion. The market is different now from what it was and that affects every company even obsidian.

Sense of entitlement is really strong these days.

Entitlement isn't the word, but if you want to be technical, every backer has some false sense of entitlement. It's just a matter of where they put that entitlement which makes some fans look worse than others - especially in such an argument where forum members white knight the game (one has to wonder if they have a shrine and light candles praying to their Deadfire gods). The reason I'm a bit more realistic with such topics is because not only did I back Deadfire but realizing that's it's not the only game in the world.

People like me just want the game to be in the best state possible, for all players - not just the backers. And that goes for value as well as the state of the game.

This company went from dealing with retrenchment, to being on the verge of bankruptcy, to raising enough money for their first IP on kickstarter.

Yes, we know... They made a Road To Eternity video, what does that have to do with their newest game's current state? They're not the only company that suffers, every indie/AAA company has to eat, every game company goes through hard times and none is safe.

It's not some devil publisher out to suck your money.

Nobody said they were, people are questioning why they chose to go with 3 dlc's instead of one. Nobody's questioning or has questioned the company's morality or motives behind it.

You may not like that their are working on DLCs instead of fixing bugs. But guess what, if the DLCs are part of stretch goals, then they are also an obligation because people already paid money for it.

Wrong. They have shifted all their focus on squashing bugs, they even said that themselves so it wouldn't be too far off to assume dlc development has halted as the team finds every bug and erects game performance.

It sucks that we can't play the game the way we want it to on launch, but this is a far cry from something like Mass Effect Andromeda or Star Wars Battlefront.

It's not any different.

Obsidian even decided to give their product a delay exclusively in attempt to kill the bugs but when even the majority of positive reviews are stating they ran into bugs, even when the developers admit the game's a buggy mess, forum members will still give their often deluded and white Knight outlook... excusing the game for it's faults and in hindsight, keeping it from being the best game that it can be. So thankfully the majority are being honest about the state of the game and what's even more important, the devs are listening and doing something about it.

Edited by SonicMage117

Wasn't it among the best selling games on steam for some time now? Doesn't sound "very niche".

Most people who did the survey do agree. The others are just pissed because they missed the survey...

This is the survey about whether people preferred bite-sized or 'meaty' expansions? I'm a little disappointed they're basically going for bite-sized DLC instead of big expansions (and people voted mostly for meaty iirc). But ultimately it's up to them, and if they actually lost money on White March, despite its great quality, I can understand they are going for a more 'modern' approach to DLC.

Hopefully they won't go totally Paradox on us, now when they are free of them.

I guess byte-sized if more like "get Randrbund's Snotty Scarf" as DLC. The three DLCs don't sound as if they are as big as WM I and II, but I expect a few new maps with a quest and some cool items. All three together could be considered as one meaty DLC. Deadfire Archipelago is quite suitable for a bigger amount of not so big expansions because you can always add a bit of stuff to all those islands...

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Some people dont like Deadfire that much, and base game is enought for them.

It is easier to seel dlc in 6mounth after release, when most players still have fresh memories of awesome adventure, then after a year when people play something else, and forgot about Eothas.

PoE2 is a complete game. You are not entitled to any optional content they make after release, apart from bugfixes. On the contrary, releasing expansions is a very understandable strategy to keep making sales and support the business (and to support the support) behind the game. Devs gotta eat.

If you think you can manage to play through the game only and exactly once then that's your problem. You got what you paid for already, so stop complaining.

PoE2 is a complete game. You are not entitled to any optional content they make after release, apart from bugfixes. On the contrary, releasing expansions is a very understandable strategy to keep making sales and support the business (and to support the support) behind the game. Devs gotta eat.

If you think you can manage to play through the game only and exactly once then that's your problem. You got what you paid for already, so stop complaining.

You're entitlement to say I'm entitled to say something that we all know is true, is at the very least unsettling and a perfect example of what I mean about a community who has a deluded and white knight mindset.

I'll spell it out to you in simpler way, when you buy a game like say: Horizon: Zero Dawn or The Witcher 3, you have two versions... The "Standard Edition" and the "Complete Edition" so please stop babbling in your ignorance. The "Complete" editions include that "optional" dlc. Any game dev, including Obsidian will tell you if you want the complete/full experience, to buy the dlc as well. So stop complaining about complainers who aren't really complaining but saying something you don't like or can't understand.

What you really mean to say is "You have a choice to see a game as complete even though it's not, because the game has a proper ending or legnth" Alas, I think I've proven my point.

Edited by SonicMage117
  • Like 1

I would much rather 3 full-fledged DLCs in the vein of expansions (like white march) over the business models so many other companies are adjusting to (loot boxes, mini dlcs, packs of frivolous **** with no actual meaningful content).

Are you really going to complain about them trying to give more content to the game (while also fixing bugs might I add there have already been several released betas to fix major bugs), when so many other companies ARE WAY WORSE?

Do you really want to go down the road of discouraging practices such as these so that we eventually end up with yet another company giving zero effort into expansion content? There is room to improve, but please don't complain about the timeline of improving said content. Be thankful it is happening at all in this current modern game industry.