The price point for all of them combined definitely makes it feel like these will be quick adventures rather than something to really dig your teeth into.

Guess we'll have to see what they cook up but if it turns out to be bite sized experiences then I'll be disappointed.

• Like 1

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Exciting news. Only thing that bothers me is the fact that now I don't really want to play until all are released and it's a complete game.

Hopefully we can continue from an end game save.

Small adventures could be pretty good, if they're interesting and well written, so I'm hopeful.

That said I kinda hope Deadfire does well enough that Obsidian also do a post-end bigger expansion akin to the White March in length.

I’m hoping for small adventures that blend in to the main story without too much fuss. I’ve been secretly hoping that they would take advantage of the geography to give us something bite-sized.
  • Like 2

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Here are the official descriptions from steam.

• BEAST OF WINTER (Jul 2018): An ancient feud between eldritch powers goes unresolved in the southern seas, and only you can halt the mounting destruction. 
  • SEEKER, SLAYER, SURVIVOR (Sep 2018): Far from the bustling trade lanes of the Deadfire Archipelego, the most ambitious warriors of Eora gather to compete for divine favor.
  • THE FORGOTTEN SANCTUM (Nov 2018): The great wizards of Eora have gathered together for a common cause and reach out to you, the Watcher, for assistance. 

Those sound like "Honest Hearts" "Dead Money' and "Old World Blues" to me!

real tragedy: no fishing, no ydwin romance

• Like 1

wow the DLCs seems road-mapped pretty soon.. all during this year and the latest one on Nov 2018. color me negative, they are not cut content and put them onto DLCs? wondering how long are the content. are they meaty one or are just small size where each adding few hours of content?

also it seems no new companions? that's very disappointing for me.

Edited by Archaven

All sound fun in concept but the amount of content added is what will make or break these for me. Honestly anything less then one WM expansion worth of content per dlc will dissappoint me at least little..

I just hope the game does well enough that we get a lot of DLC's. I want expanded ship combat, expanded weather and storms, fishing, etc. . . . .

It's gonna be really hard to have a concept for the third game that tops this one's ship-and-islands structure so I hope no potential gets left on the table. Theoretically they could just tack on new island after new island ad infinitum.

All sound fun in concept but the amount of content added is what will make or break these for me. Honestly anything less then one WM expansion worth of content per dlc will dissappoint me at least little..

This is what I'm worried about. I mean, each DLC is cheaper than one of the parts of the White March, so they can be a little smaller. But the total content over the three DLCs should at least equal White March 1+2.

My question. Will they be integrated Storys like White March or can i start this after i finished Deadfire?

Twitch channel https://www.twitch.tv/gluurak

My Pillars of Eternity Let's Play playlist: http://bit.ly/2tlcVR5

My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/GlurakLP

My Suikoden German Translation Project: http://www.snes-projects.de/forum/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=3131

Interesting news in the details:

FIG Backers that backed at the Collector’s Edition tier or above or included the Season Pass as part of their backer pledge will also receive the Season Pass.

I wonder how many other CE+ backers picked up a copy of the DLC not knowing it was going to be bundled in later.

FIG Backers that backed at the Collector’s Edition tier or above or included the Season Pass as part of their backer pledge will also receive the Season Pass.

I wonder how many other CE+ backers picked up a copy of the DLC not knowing it was going to be bundled in later.

count me in...

• Like 3

"Wizards do not need to be The Dudes Who Can AoE Nuke You and Gish and Take as Many Hits as a Fighter and Make all Skills Irrelevant Because Magic."

-Josh Sawyer

count me in...

+1

• Like 2

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Burning Question: in which of these do we get round 2 with the Pargrunen?

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

All of them who picked the DLC and CE+, which is probably most of those backers. There was no mention of it being bundled (it wasn't for POE1) and I think some people asked the question during the campaign.

So quite a few people are now somewhere in-between "yeah, free stuff added" vs "I wasted $20".

Me included.

Azarhal, Chanter and Keeper of Truth of the Obsidian Order of Eternity.

• Feargus also regrets splitting the Pillars of Eternity: The White March expansion pack into two halves. He says the full expansion took about three months longer to finish than originally planned, an additional 500,000 dollars in development costs. The delay was both due to complications caused by the split and due to a failure to account for the manpower required to support the base game.
  • Feargus says that the White March expansion wasn't priced competitively - people would rather buy an AAA game on sale for $10 than an expansion pack for $15 or $25. Future Eternity games will use a Fallout: New Vegas-like DLC model, with more, smaller and cheaper releases.

http://www.rpgcodex.net/article.php?id=10317

• Like 4

• Feargus also regrets splitting the Pillars of Eternity: The White March expansion pack into two halves. He says the full expansion took about three months longer to finish than originally planned, an additional 500,000 dollars in development costs. The delay was both due to complications caused by the split and due to a failure to account for the manpower required to support the base game.
  • Feargus says that the White March expansion wasn't priced competitively - people would rather buy an AAA game on sale for $10 than an expansion pack for $15 or $25. Future Eternity games will use a Fallout: New Vegas-like DLC model, with more, smaller and cheaper releases.

Not too fond of that. WM actually made me replay the game. Don't get me wrong the DLCs sound great and I'll enjoy playing them but I do dislike random DLC which can be easily ignored(you could ignore WM but then you'd lose a buttload of content since it's all part of one another). I just fear that since it all are standalone DLCs they'd introduce a lot of new things but can't expand on them because each DLC is seperate from one another.

• Like 4

Not too fond of that. WM actually made me replay the game. Don't get me wrong the DLCs sound great and I'll enjoy playing them but I do dislike random DLC which can be easily ignored(you could ignore WM but then you'd lose a buttload of content since it's all part of one another). I just fear that since it all are standalone DLCs they'd introduce a lot of new things but can't expand on them because each DLC is seperate from one another.

Yeah, the takeaway there is that it's just the market dictating this, not something Obsidian has all that much control over.

Given that it has to be this way, this is a better game for it at least; WM fit well with the first game, but this game's island structure makes it perfect for distributed small chunks 'o fun, plus there's level scaling, so it'll be easy to work stuff in. 

My hope is that each chunk will also include some additional functional content -- fishing minigame, expanded ship combat, etc.

• Like 1

I also prefer large, "real" add-ons like White March over small DLC, but I know that that is not feasible on today's market.

It's a shame really. On the other hand I'm all the more grateful and happy that we got White March in the first place, because I really enjoyed it!

• Like 9

"Loyal Servant of His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful!"

ringoffireresistance.gif *wearing the Ring of Fire Resistance* (gift from JFSOCC)

Yeah, the takeaway there is that it's just the market dictating this, not something Obsidian has all that much control over.

Given that it has to be this way, this is a better game for it at least; WM fit well with the first game, but this game's island structure makes it perfect for distributed small chunks 'o fun, plus there's level scaling, so it'll be easy to work stuff in. 

My hope is that each chunk will also include some additional functional content -- fishing minigame, expanded ship combat, etc.

Agreed. Islands would force em to be more standaloneish than WM, and it'd be a waste if they just kept to one island and expanded on that. But I do hope that there will be some common thread throughout the DLCs/islands. Just a few hints here and there, or some random quest which goes through all the DLCs. Something that connects them.

Edited by Hybridsalmon
  • Like 4