Deadfire Steam store page

• BEAST OF WINTER (Jul 2018): An ancient feud between eldritch powers goes unresolved in the southern seas, and only you can halt the mounting destruction.
  • SEEKER, SLAYER, SURVIVOR (Sep 2018): Far from the bustling trade lanes of the Deadfire Archipelego, the most ambitious warriors of Eora gather to compete for divine favor.
  • THE FORGOTTEN SANCTUM (Nov 2018): The great wizards of Eora have gathered together for a common cause and reach out to you, the Watcher, for assistance.

Pillars of Eternity 2's DLC (via PCGamesN)

• Beast Of Winter launches in July, and takes you to an island inhabited by a mysterious doomsday cult who are hiding an ancient secret. You'll also get to explore The Beyond, a mysterious dimension populated by ancient souls and devilish challenges.
  • Seeker, Slayer, Survivor drops in September, and is a combat-focused expansion set on an undiscovered island. Your party's martial prowess will be tested, as will your skills as a commander, in a mission to wrest ancient relics from the grip of Eora’s most skilled and savage.
  • The Forgotten Sanctum will be available in November 2018, and will test your party’s allegiance and morality in a quest to help (or obstruct) the great wizards of Eora. Will you befriend, betray or befuddle these venerable mystics as you uncover secrets lost to the generations? Your decision will ripple across the Deadfire Archipelago.

UJ7GkmD.jpeg

Edited by Ethics Gradient
  • Like 34

They all sound exciting. One question though: 

Are they meant to be played after we finish Deadfire, while playing Deadfire or both?

Thanks in advance for the answer.

Edit: I thought the Beyond was something we're dealing with in the main campaign...

Edited by Sedrefilos
  • Like 1

They all sound exciting. One question though: 

Are they meant to be played after we finish Deadfire, while playing Deadfire or both?

Thanks in advance for the answer.

Edit: I thought the Beyond was something we're dealing with in the main campaign...

I have no idea. But I think I'd prefer it if we can do it AFTER the main game. Why...? Doing White March DLC's felt a bit off while doing main quest line in first PoE. At least for me. 

• Like 3

Exciting! All of them look good to me. As all of them seem like seperate adventures they might fit the game better (if they are accessible during the main campaign). I was worried that with 3DLC coming one or two of them might be lame (aka. Tyranny portrait pack) but I am glad to see that all of them will scratch some itch I have.

Before! They're three super hyped up intro tutorials.

- Learn search mode and find one secret! (The Disappointer Mk II)

- Learn combat by left clicking one wolf! PotD: Your skills as a commander will be tested as you are forced to make another party member attack another wolf.

- Learn movement while dodging stray spells in an epic duel between Ninagauth and Minoletta!

• Like 5

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

Sounds New Vegas DLC-ish. Glad to hear from additional archmages. Concelhaut and Llengrath were cool. Shame it's the most distant expansion, but maybe it'll be the best, too.

If Ninagauth isn't in the vanilla game that's gotta be the longest tease in an RPG series in ages. One vision in the first expansion for Pillars 1, then he appears in 2018.

Sounds New Vegas DLC-ish. Glad to hear from additional archmages. Concelhaut and Llengrath were cool. Shame it's the most distant expansion, but maybe it'll be the best, too.

If Ninagauth isn't in the vanilla game that's gotta be the longest tease in an RPG series in ages. One vision in the first expansion for Pillars 1, then he appears in 2018.

Pretty sure the mansion we get to sneak into via the toilet belongs to Arkemyr, so that’s at least one more down. Minoletta is presumed dead (grimoire in the dragon hoard usually an indicator). That leaves 3 more?

EDIT: ugh, plus whatever new archmages we get from super-backers

Edited by Achilles

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

I wonder how long these are. I hope they are proper expansions along the lines of WM and not something I can complete in an hour or two. Also, on my backing of the game I'm a bit confused as I thought it said the DLC $20 was included, but I've since heard the DLC will total $30. Do I not get one of these?

• Like 1

I wonder how long these are. I hope they are proper expansions along the lines of WM and not something I can complete in an hour or two. Also, on my backing of the game I'm a bit confused as I thought it said the DLC $20 was included, but I've since heard the DLC will total $30. Do I not get one of these?

If you bought into the DLC as a backer for $20, it just means you've saved a few bucks off the $30 retail price.

• Like 2

Beast Of Winter and The Forgotten Sanctum sound pretty cool. Seeker, Slayer, Survivor not so much (it just sounds like it's

mostly combat based). Hopefully those 3 DLC are all enjoyable, but you can only really found out when they have released.

Edited by wolfrider100

" Life... is strength. That is not to be contested, it seems

logical enough. You live, you affect your world. "

Jon Irenicus ´

Yeah, the blurbs make these sound like they're pretty compact adventures, but I could be wrong - I would love to see a full-fledged expansion with an expansive story of its own however, much like the one spanning across both White March DLCs or even something like Mask of the Betrayer instead.

• Like 7

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

Here are the official descriptions from steam.

• BEAST OF WINTER (Jul 2018): An ancient feud between eldritch powers goes unresolved in the southern seas, and only you can halt the mounting destruction. 
  • SEEKER, SLAYER, SURVIVOR (Sep 2018): Far from the bustling trade lanes of the Deadfire Archipelego, the most ambitious warriors of Eora gather to compete for divine favor.
  • THE FORGOTTEN SANCTUM (Nov 2018): The great wizards of Eora have gathered together for a common cause and reach out to you, the Watcher, for assistance. 

I just hope it is not like tyranny DLC. Because that was EXTREMELY deceptive. (not very inspired honestly...)

I hope more a White march Part 2++ for each piece...

and that was also Paradox's choice for how they wanted the dlc's to be.

• Like 1

I just hope it is not like tyranny DLC. Because that was EXTREMELY deceptive. (not very inspired honestly...)

I hope more a White march Part 2++ for each piece...

I share your concerns; I'd like Obsidian to provide us with some information on how large these DLC pieces are going to be.

Edited by Alot
  • Like 1

The Sharmat on Sensuki:

"It is not Baldur's Gate 3 he yearns to play. It is the experience of playing Baldur's Gate for the first time."

Honestly, I would prefer to play a proper expansion, and not the current industry standard "short self contained adventures during the main campaign".

Still, if White Match was apparently unprofitable, and it was, all in all, a big proper expansion, then the decision to make smaller DLC faster is not surprising.

These also have the lowest price point for each individual DLC, compared to WM parts and Bastard's Wound, which just adds to my "short length" fears...

• Like 2

Not what I would expected (even announcement wise with all of them already planned with a release date) but I'll definitely wait to judge, they can be awesome or not, we cannot now.

Anyway I'd be completely fine with them being a little smaller than one part of WM with the same "tail" of contents, meaning 1/2 companion/s, higher level cap with more abilities.

Edited by Daled