Hello! Welcome to the forums :)

I don't think we shall be able to preload unfortunately, at least I haven't heard anything yet.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Not sure if there will be a preload option (I know there was none for Pillars of Eternity 1). But one can hope, I know

I am. But if not I'm just going to let Deadfire download through GoG Galaxy and go do something else while I wait.

Edited by wolfrider100

" Life... is strength. That is not to be contested, it seems

logical enough. You live, you affect your world. "

Jon Irenicus ´

Considering that the games is likely going to be much bigger -based on requirements on steam store page something along six times larger- than the previous one, I really hope so at least in steam (fingers crossed for gog but very unlikely).

Edited by Daled
  • Like 1

I doubt their will be any preloading. There wasn't for PoE, either.

Concur.  I strongly doubt there will be a preload.  This isn't an mmo, or even an online game at all.  Since there is no "competition" involved, there is no real benefit to preloading.  Just enjoy a good nights sleep and download it in the morning.

Thinking about it, I also wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't release until noon or something similar on the day of.

Concur.  I strongly doubt there will be a preload.  This isn't an mmo, or even an online game at all.  Since there is no "competition" involved, there is no real benefit to preloading.  Just enjoy a good nights sleep and download it in the morning.

Thinking about it, I also wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't release until noon or something similar on the day of.

Lots of single player game allows you to preload already. It's not a bad feature, I'd like them to provide the option. Edited by jf8350143

You are wildly optimistic about the download speeds available to many Americans. For some of us, that download is going to take 24 hours or more.

You are wildly optimistic about the download speeds available to many Americans. For some of us, that download is going to take 24 hours or more.

82% of US citizens who have the Internet have high-speed broadband internet. The people for whom that download will take literally 24 hours is pretty damn small.

Ahhh, it doesn't say when members join on my phone, only how many posts of late. Perhaps, they will enjoy the welcoming anyway :)

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

82% of US citizens who have the Internet have high-speed broadband internet. The people for whom that download will take literally 24 hours is pretty damn small.

Only if you count satellite as broadband. The satellite companies do, but no one else should.

Only if you count satellite as broadband. The satellite companies do, but no one else should.

I grew up on dial-up. Satellite is *definitely* broadband.

Satellites that orbit at different altitudes have different speeds. Satellites that are further away travel slower. On a Low Earth Orbit, about 400 kilometers (250 miles) above the earth's surface, sattelites travel about 28,000 kilometers per hour (17,500 miles per hour). The GOES system of satellites, which tracks weather and other things, is in a geosynchronous orbit, 36,000 kilometers (22,000 miles) above the earth. These satellites travel at about 11,000 kilometers per hour (7,000 miles per hour). The moon, at about 380,000 kilometers from the earth (240,000 miles) only travels about 3,700 kilometers per hour (2,300 miles per hour).

:w00t:

• Like 6

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Satellites that orbit at different altitudes have different speeds. Satellites that are further away travel slower. On a Low Earth Orbit, about 400 kilometers (250 miles) above the earth's surface, sattelites travel about 28,000 kilometers per hour (17,500 miles per hour). The GOES system of satellites, which tracks weather and other things, is in a geosynchronous orbit, 36,000 kilometers (22,000 miles) above the earth. These satellites travel at about 11,000 kilometers per hour (7,000 miles per hour). The moon, at about 380,000 kilometers from the earth (240,000 miles) only travels about 3,700 kilometers per hour (2,300 miles per hour).

:p

• Like 2

I'd like to unsubscribe from Satellite Facts.

The Sharmat on Sensuki:

"It is not Baldur's Gate 3 he yearns to play. It is the experience of playing Baldur's Gate for the first time."

I grew up on dial-up. Satellite is *definitely* broadband.

How fast is satellite out of interest?

Yes I grew up on dial-up too. Comparing satellite to cable or DSL or god forbid fiber is still disingenuous.

Satellite is faster than DSL to be sure, until you use up your data then it's about 40 kB/s on a good day. You will use up your data limits quite rapidly. It's expensive to get stuff to geosync and the few satellites up there have to provide service to an entire hemisphere. So people spend the vast majority of their time on the service throttled to a tiny fraction of the speeds the satellite is advertised as providing. In principle the same is true of any ISP but satellite takes it to an extreme.

Edited by The Sharmat

If you're actually getting 100Mb/s all the time then just over 45 minutes.

EDIT: assuming you meant 35 gigabytes and 100 megabits per second. Technically you've written gigabits (well actually not even that, since the G should be a capital) and microbits per second ;)

Edited by JerekKruger

If you're actually getting 100Mb/s all the time then just over 45 minutes.

EDIT: assuming you meant 35 gigabytes and 100 megabits per second. Technically you've written gigabits (well actually not even that, since the G should be a capital) and microbits per second ;)

Lol. Apparently it was too early for language skills as well...