Very short recovery after attacking from stealth

guizzmoloul

Question

When a character attacks from stealth, the recovery time is very short (it appears to last for an amount of time roughly equal to the listed attack animation time instead).

It allows for two attacks in a very quick succession, which leads to very high initial damage on a two hander for instance.

I tested it on a cre_dummy, (so iroll20s was enabled), with one handed and two handed auto-attacks, and also with a full attacks (flames of devotion).

This issue happens when attacking from stealth but not when attacking from invisibility, and not while dual wielding.

10 answers to this question

Yes, recovery time is reduced by 85% or something like that (I don't have access to the game right now). It can be seen if you look at your equipped weapon recovery time: the tooltip shows all the modifiers to the base recovery time. Therefore, this seems to be intended. On the other hand, I don't know if this feature is mentioned anywhere.

Edited by kmbogd

Why players get free recovery bonus when attack from stealth? It doesn’t make sense to me, or the -% is decided by your stealth skill ?

Hit from stealth is so hard to achieve that some bonus would be suited.

However it should apply to all weapons, dual wield included.

I guess it's because the encounter starts after hitting the enemy and this might reset recovery...?

What Do you mean with "hard to achieve"? As long as you don't try to sneak up on Blights or other creatures with a 360° vision it's fairly simple. Some creatures have better ears than others though...

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Hard to Achieve:

You need to invest skill points to stealth, attack is usable max once per fight, usage is not guaranteed.

Compare with Athletics skills - usage is quaranteed once in every fight, with no extra micro.

Edited by gGeorg

+85% recovery speed modifier seems to be fixed and does not depend on the amount of stealth a character has. On the other hand, high stealth characters can approach their targets with higher success (and benefit from this +85% recovery speed) than lower stealth characters. So this might be fine. From a logical perspective I think it makes more sense to affect the attack time instead of the the recovery time, but for me it's also fine the way it is implemented now (since attack times are pretty low anyway, maybe the developers considered that it was not a good enough bonus).