Not sure if this was asked before. I know this is not action RPG ala Diablo but are there armor sets in the game? If so.. another feature called "illusions" will be great especially you can combined various different kind of items with weird appearance, hence the illusions will make your character look good.

• Like 1

In PoE there are at least fitting helmets for certain plate armors (White Crest, Sanguine Plate, He Carries Many Scars, Argwe's Adra). I guess we will at least see something similar in Deadfire. But those "sets" don't provide any special bonuses just for wearing them together. Just the improved style. ;)

Then there's Ryona's stuff. She has bracers (Ryona's Vambraces) a breastplate an a belt. Here there's also no benefit when wearing all that pieces at once. Just a thematical connection. You can't even see bracers and belt on your char model.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Honestly, i'd just wish that all of the armor pieces would be affected by your selected color scheme for the character.

If that was the case, i think pretty much every hat/armor combination would fit relatively well (well, unless you're running around in noble's clothing and a frog mouth helmet)

Edited by Juodas Varnas

Could you go into more detail about this "Illusions" feature?

sounds like OP is talking about transmogs

In diablo III it's basicly where you go to your closet and uses a feature, where you can make most items look like any item in the game of the same type. So if you have a a full item set, but uses another one, where you like the aesthetics less, you can transmog the items to look like your favorite ones.

transmog-rosce-quietus1-273x220.jpg

Edited by TheisEjsing

Could you go into more detail about this "Illusions" feature?

It allows you to change the appearance of your equipment without changing the stats it provides. Basically it allows you to wear the most powerful weapon and armour and looking like whatever you want at the same time. Edited by jf8350143

Hoping for Necro-Armor looking sets :)

Divinity II Draco Econis had some of my favorite designs. I love those cool wacky armors that just look cool.

Kings of Amulet was another one that had some awesome armors. Of course Todd McFarlane was involved. Pillars 1 was lacking but who knows, we may see more f this in Deadfire.

Alot of people think "What looks cool can't necessarily be done because it's not practical or realistic" actually, cool armor is practical and realistic but because it's rare, some see it as not. Sadly, it gets set aside because of that myth. I'd like to see more!

Edited by SonicMage117

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...