Hey Guys,

Just finished my second playthrough of Pillars, but i didn't complete White March Part 2. I just didn't have the stamina, and was ready to finish the game. Unfortunately, the result of this is a throwaway slide at the end of the game that says the Watcher died because of some random army that chased after him.

Now i really don't feel like going back and finishing that expansion just to get rid of that slide. Does anyone know if i can still import my character even with this endgame slide? I really want to import my character.

Thanks.

Hey Guys,

Just finished my second playthrough of Pillars, but i didn't complete White March Part 2. I just didn't have the stamina, and was ready to finish the game. Unfortunately, the result of this is a throwaway slide at the end of the game that says the Watcher died because of some random army that chased after him.

Now i really don't feel like going back and finishing that expansion just to get rid of that slide. Does anyone know if i can still import my character even with this endgame slide? I really want to import my character.

Thanks.

I don't thnk so. Deadfire requires a gamecomplete.savegame save game - if you only complete WM1 and then complete the game, the game will not generate that file.

At least I remember a dev saying that - if you want to make sure, go look in your PoE savegame foldder and see if there is a recent gamecomplete.savegame.

I mean by all the logic the character should be dead. We know companions will be dead... why not PC? I am curious if they have a special ending slide which players out if you import such save. If you decide to play WM2 before Deadfire comes out, please, copy the current ending save somewhere as I am curious if they have something special prepared.

I thought Josh himself said that if the Watcher died in the ending slides then they'd be dead i.e. you can't import them.

I'd recommend playing the White March part 2 (it's good), but if you really don't want to then you can create an import state in Deadfire itself.

• Like 1

I thought Josh himself said that if the Watcher died in the ending slides then they'd be dead i.e. you can't import them.

I'd recommend playing the White March part 2 (it's good), but if you really don't want to then you can create an import state in Deadfire itself.

Do you still get an achievement for beating the game if you import a dead Watcher? I mean you should get to ending slides.

Do you still get an achievement for beating the game if you import a dead Watcher? I mean you should get to ending slides.

No idea, I've never done it myself.

You probably should though, since you did beat the (main) game. The fact that the Eyeless hunt you down afterwards is beside the point.

• Like 2

Personally I am just becoming increasingly confused.  Why did you buy white march, then install it, if you had no intention of playing through that content?  Assuming perhaps you thought you would enjoy it, then just found out you did not... ok.  Then why did you not just uninstall that content after realizing you didn't like it, which would prevent it from effecting your end state?

Personally I am just becoming increasingly confused.  Why did you buy white march, then install it, if you had no intention of playing through that content?  Assuming perhaps you thought you would enjoy it, then just found out you did not... ok.  Then why did you not just uninstall that content after realizing you didn't like it, which would prevent it from effecting your end state?

You're thinking about this too much. How am I supposed to know that not completing a sidequest means your main character dies? It's the first time I've ever seen that kind of thing in an RPG.

• Like 1

Hey Guys,

Thanks.

I don't thnk so. Deadfire requires a gamecomplete.savegame save game - if you only complete WM1 and then complete the game, the game will not generate that file.

At least I remember a dev saying that - if you want to make sure, go look in your PoE savegame foldder and see if there is a recent gamecomplete.savegame.

Where does this save game show up? I am not seeing one in the load game screen of either of the two characters I have completed the game with??

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...

Hey Guys,

Thanks.

Where does this save game show up? I am not seeing one in the load game screen of either of the two characters I have completed the game with??

It does not show on the load screen - you can find it in your PoE 1 save game folder.

I assume Deadfire will look for it in the PoE 1 savegame folder.