Blinded prevents recovery instead of doubling recovery time

Wizard Styles

Question

The Blinded status effect locks characters with the Affliction at a full recovery bar, making them unable to do anything but move. It doesn't always seem to happen, but most of the time. This usually, but also not always, persists for the duration of the Blinded Affliction.

I first noticed it fighting the second Lagufaeth pack on the Broodmother map, which has become one of the hardest fights for me, mainly due to the AoE Blind the Sidewinders got.

Here's an example from the last fight against Beza: https://imgur.com/a/pF448mF

The Nature Godlike Helwalker/Shifter (close to the middle, selected) is stuck at a full recovery bar for the entire time he's Blinded. When I first noticed this I thought it might be a UI bug. This doesn't always last for the full duration of the Blinded affliction, so I thought maybe the issue is that the +100% recovery time penalty Blinded inflicts leads to the recovery bar being stuck at full for the first half of the doubled recovery time and then ticking down at the regular speed. That's definitely not the case, though. The Helwalker/Shifter has a base recovery time of 3.1 seconds, and it was lower in this fight due to drugs. Yet the recovery time didn't start ticking down for the entire duration of the Blinded effect, which was about 5 seconds.

The Paladin/Rogue in the party (second portrait, seen attacking Olara the Wizard on top of the screen) was also Blinded but not affected by the bug, at least not for long enough for me to notice.

In the end all I can say is that Blinded often, and possibly but probably not always, prevents recovery from happening at all. Usually for the entire duration of the Blinded effect. It doesn't seem like the behavior is entirely consistent to me, but I only started really paying attention to it this playthrough.

• Like 2

3 answers to this question

I've been having a lot of trouble with the sand blights fight on PotD and I couldn't figure out why, until I noticed every time I fight them, at least one (usually more) of my party members sit at a full recovery bar, unable to do anything but move, same as you. I don't think they were always blinded, though. Not 100% sure, but the fight is very frustrating with only 2-3 of your party members actually doing anything, so I haven't tried to figure out what could be the cause. :(

The Blinded status effect locks characters with the Affliction at a full recovery bar, making them unable to do anything but move. It doesn't always seem to happen, but most of the time. This usually, but also not always, persists for the duration of the Blinded Affliction.

I first noticed it fighting the second Lagufaeth pack on the Broodmother map, which has become one of the hardest fights for me, mainly due to the AoE Blind the Sidewinders got.

Here's an example from the last fight against Beza: https://imgur.com/a/pF448mF

The Nature Godlike Helwalker/Shifter (close to the middle, selected) is stuck at a full recovery bar for the entire time he's Blinded. When I first noticed this I thought it might be a UI bug. This doesn't always last for the full duration of the Blinded affliction, so I thought maybe the issue is that the +100% recovery time penalty Blinded inflicts leads to the recovery bar being stuck at full for the first half of the doubled recovery time and then ticking down at the regular speed. That's definitely not the case, though. The Helwalker/Shifter has a base recovery time of 3.1 seconds, and it was lower in this fight due to drugs. Yet the recovery time didn't start ticking down for the entire duration of the Blinded effect, which was about 5 seconds.

The Paladin/Rogue in the party (second portrait, seen attacking Olara the Wizard on top of the screen) was also Blinded but not affected by the bug, at least not for long enough for me to notice.

In the end all I can say is that Blinded often, and possibly but probably not always, prevents recovery from happening at all. Usually for the entire duration of the Blinded effect. It doesn't seem like the behavior is entirely consistent to me, but I only started really paying attention to it this playthrough.

Interruption will add some recovery time to you, which is doubled by Blinded. This might be the reason.

Multiple Blind stacks so your recovery time gonna be really long after a few blinded affliction that you will think it prevent recovery time from recovery.

Edited by dunehunter

I went back and tested it, at least against the sand blights, and it seems to be true- for the full duration of the blind, the characters are unable to act or do anything, and their recovery bar doesn't go down. Only when the blind ends do they start to recover. 

Also tested blinding enemy characters; it didn't have the same effect. They were able to recover while blinded, at a seemingly normal rate as well.