I know this is a little late and i'm not sure if this was ever suggested before. Since the game is on top down isometric, we couldn't really see much details or should i say much of the effort of the great artist went to waste. I just had a thought what about on the bestiary page, you can have a 3D model of said creature that you met before! and you can even rotate them! 

is such feature already present in the game?

I know this is a little late and i'm not sure if this was ever suggested before. Since the game is on top down isometric, we couldn't really see much details or should i say much of the effort of the great artist went to waste. I just had a thought what about on the bestiary page, you can have a 3D model of said creature that you met before! and you can even rotate them! 

Josh already talked about that some time ago. It's drawn images of monsters just like Pillars1 and won't include 3D models in bestiary.

Josh already talked about that some time ago. It's drawn images of monsters just like Pillars1 and won't include 3D models in bestiary.

alright. thanks. wondering what's the reason for that. if those creatures are beautifully designed, it would go to waste without able to see them on first person.

alright. thanks. wondering what's the reason for that. if those creatures are beautifully designed, it would go to waste without able to see them on first person.

I think it's to do with the bestiary being part of the journal, and wanting a journal 'feel' - guess the Watcher is an artist too ;)  The sketches were really good in PoE.

I too would like to be able to view the models when I'm not attacking them with a fireball.  Perhaps a model viewer could be modded.

• Like 2

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

I think it's to do with the bestiary being part of the journal, and wanting a journal 'feel' - guess the Watcher is an artist too ;)  The sketches were really good in PoE.

I too would like to be able to view the models when I'm not attacking them with a fireball.  Perhaps a model viewer could be modded.

I concur; I really enjoy the sketches a lot, but would like to be able to see the 3D models more clearly.

• 4 weeks later...

Did anyone noticed beastiary bug when you encounter enemy for the first time they have all their defences/resistances revelaed?

Don't think I've noticed that, probably because I don't often check the Bestiary. But I have noticed erratic behaviour more generally for the Cyclopedia.

• 3 years later...

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE the Monster Hunter bestiary, and I think it can be a source of good inspiration for the grounded bestiary.
As a bonus, all monsters are hand drawn art which make it so much better.
It has four tabs :

Ecology, showing you the general information about the monster and its environment
bestiary_ecology.thumb.jpg.73cf5886592760eb9e0cb97a9dc52600.jpg
Physiology, showing you the monsters weaknesses and attack patterns
bestiary_physiology.thumb.jpg.bf48573f616ab592a674dcb927761e51.jpg

Edited by dereavy