Did the devs at any point suggest if priests of Eothast will get any extra interactions and dialogues concerning The Shattered God? One thing that I didn't like about PoE1 is that there was so much stuff regarding to Eothas here and there yet no one cared about the fact that the protagonist was his priest. Hopefully this will not be as disappointing this time.

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So is anybody playing Deadfire as Eothas priest? Back then on PoE I only played bits up to Caed Nua with the main char being one. Thinking about whether it may be worthwile to play through the entire "saga" as one, also given that Eothas is now given a bit more centre stage and could allow for interesting... scenarios to play out?

Edited by Sven_

you can play as a Priest of eotha , magran , saken , bereth and awol (Lol so misspelled that one on purpose)..*ahem* ..

Anyway , as for dialogues . You will get some for Eotha (with eotha himself and during your journey with different npc) . 

yes POE1 was very dissapointing on that front . But kinda make up for it here . Just make sure to take the appropriate background to maximize your dialogues (like death godlike + priest of berath + religious background = lot of dialogues) . 

• Like 1
I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

Finally picked up my copy of Deadfire. I also have my final PoE1 save from 2015 on my HD. However, I'm actually pondering about starting from the beginning as an Eothas Priest and playing him "in character" a bit -- same as importing the decisions from there. My main char was a ranger, and tbf it's been a while.

Ideally that'd be a quick run, perhaps even in story time mode plus "short cutting" a few of the opening areas via cheats console commands. Hope that won't affect the imported save then though? :biggrin:

Edited by Sven_

I played through the game as a priest of Eothas, and while there is some recognition of this, it is very limited. Eothas at one point asks why you follow him and one of the possible answers is "because I'm a priest of... you." That's the only instance I can remember of it being recognized in the main quest, other than that there is some interaction with the Readceran missionaries that is unique to a priest of Eothas.

The game had many reactions to the priests of Eothas. Much, much more than POE1 or White March. But like it was said there was only one conversation with Eothas, two or three with Tekehu and Eothasian groups, not only Dawnstars. I was suprised Xoti had none or it were bugs. I will be playing once again when game systems are fixed.

Edited by White Phoenix

Going by the datamined dialogue options here, priest of Eothas has the second-most subclass checks in the game (14). Second to priest of Magran, who has 25. Didn't know this game was about Magran, did you? :facepalm:

Priest and cipher classes are equal at 25 checks, but that's generic "priest", not specific to any god.

• Like 2