Totally.

4815 and counting... ;)

I have the utmost respect for your Pillars knowledge... but when exactly do you find the time to work and raise a family? 

I've already played around with the character creation thanks to the beta. So, I guess I'm just looking forward to finally diving into the story. And meeting the new companions.

Spending 2-3 hours on character creation screen with contagious excitement about stepping into the world of deadfire -Then the swashbuckling starts! I'll be exploring every inch, killing every dragon, lich and monster I find for the balance of nature.

Also, getting to know the new companions and reuniting with my main lady Pallegina, she'll be there to stay. She is the one character I have been through so much with in my only playthrough of POE1, I dont think words put to justice the moment i first encountered the sky dragon and managed to kill him 1st round with only Pallegina last woman standing; also the sheer beating she took on the countless re-loads of Adra dragon. Curious about the opportunity of multiclassing her - a "Crusader" title matches her very well.

Once i've finished POE2, i look forward to waiting a while before I start a 2nd playthrough - That time playing a POE1-POE2 marathon. (Although for most people here that's probably not a marathon noticing 4000+ hours on boeroer, impressive!).

Honestly, I think part of my soul is missing without this game-release. Looking forward to getting back my soul shard!

Last but not least, not playing on expert mode. That was more of an irritance than a challenge i must say although I'm glad they leave the options open.

I'm not entirely sure if i'll choose for level scaling in this game or not - Have any of you decided if you'll be ticking this box for your first playthrough?

• Like 1

The thing I'm looking the most forward to is starting up another brand new CRPG. I just love the feeling of character creation (or even more so, party creation like in Icewind Dale) and setting out on a grand adventure, discovering new environments, creatures, and items. Also, as with any CRPG, I expect a nice looooooong game (preferably 100 hrs or so) with a great, engaging story.

All in all, I can't wait. I'm so happy we are this close to launch and that Obsidian has stuck to their guns, to give some of us old school gamers something that can bring us back to the early days of CRPG's. I've also really enjoyed being able to back this time. Being there from day 1 and watching this thing grow has been very fullfilling!

• Like 2

Exploration is actually my biggest one I think. Exploring a big and beautiful world, complete with fun stuff like the scripted interactions, ship exploration, Neketaka (which looks really nice)... really looking forward to that aspect of it.

Also looking forward to the factions and how they will work within the game.

I was extremely hyped about PoE1, and love that game dearly, but my expectations are a bit different for this one. There are design decisions which are holding back my hype quite a lot. So I just want to try it out and see what it may bring. Looking forward to just soaking it in.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

What I'm looking forward to most in Deadfire is,

- 1. Aloth, Eder and Pallegina also returning as your companions.

- 2. Being able to fully explore the entirety of Deadfire Archipelago.

- 3. Older abilities and talents returning (as well as the new ones).

- 4. Brand new main storyline, plus new different side quests to do.

- 5. Getting to captain your very own ship and also crew members.

- 6. Hopefully new gear we will get (armors, weapons and shields).

- 7. Different pets both old and new (happy that they give bonuses).

Edited by wolfrider100

" Life... is strength. That is not to be contested, it seems

logical enough. You live, you affect your world. "

Jon Irenicus ´

I'm the most looking forward restarting the game at least 20 times until I'm satisfied of my character.

The truth is that I'm not exactly looking forward to that, but I know it will happen so I'm mentally preparing myself.

• Like 1

Azarhal, Chanter and Keeper of Truth of the Obsidian Order of Eternity.

Guest 4ward

looking forward to see the art in the game (drawings/illustrations) and also how much it‘s possible to play the game similar to BG2, going with passive abilities for melee and relying mostly on movement, potions, gear. hopefully there'll be some fun counterspelling as well.

I would like Pillars 2 to have a compelling protagonist.

No offence to Thaos but I never understood his motivations till the very end of the game and even still it seems more likely that we were kindred spirits verse bitter rivals.

I would like Pillars 2 to have a compelling protagonist.

No offence to Thaos but I never understood his motivations till the very end of the game and even still it seems more likely that we were kindred spirits verse bitter rivals.

You mean antagonist? Agreed mate, agreed. But this thread is about what you're looking forward to, not wishes.

• Like 1

I'm looking forward to:

-Sailing the open sea (bummer, there's only one)

-Penetrating purewood vessels

-New Stealth Mechanics

-Bar hopping

-Multiclassing

-My pet!!!

What I want:

-More elves, less dwarves

-Expanded ship and crew functions/mechanics

-More emphasis and lore on religion

What I don't want:

-Emphasis on blunderbusses, need more bows and crossbi

-Beards, cuz if you can't have a pretty beard (as in nicely rendered) then why have a beard at all?

-Poor console sales like the first game

I think that covers it hehe

Edited by SonicMage117
  • Like 1

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

What?  So many people here are actually interested in the story and aesthetic elements of the game more than cycling over stats and numbers to near OCD savant syndrome levels?  Wow, who wouldve thought?  ;)

The game so far looks and plays beautifully in the way it seems to have evolved over all from Pillars 1.  Im mostly looking forward to the way the story evolved from here and the interaction between the character and their world/companions/Eothas and the gods.

• Like 1

"If you would, you could become all flame" - Abba Joseph of the Desert Fathers.

Yes, it's not the CoD forum where the members are worried more about gameplay and obsessing reaching higher stats and leveling up instead of graphics and glam.

But I too, want more lore of religion as that's pretty much one of the most important things in the Pillars world to begin with and will play an even bigger role in Deadfire I'm sure (since that what the beginning is based of anyway).

Forgot to add that I'm also looking forward to the map, exploring it and what have you.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...