I'm not too excited about the whole ships and ship combat lark, I mean i'm glad it's there just for variety but I really want a story that is much more intense than the first game, some good drama parts like with Yoshimo in BG2. I want to see some really hard fights as well. Even in Veteran/Hard or whatever it is called, I want some difficult fights. I remember the early days of BG1 the fights with... Mulahey and Davaeorn were really tough, I want some bosses like that. 'Normal' guys but really tough. I know it's probably because i just sucked at the game they were hard because now i understand it they are a joke, but i want that feeling again. Going into the unknown and getting my arse handed to me.

On a side note, one of the funniest lines in the game is Davaeorns apprentice when he says something like 'Yes sir, that's right i'm reasonably sure i'm not going to be getting involved in anything like this again!'.

Have we got to a point now where we're not allowed to say we want something like BG1/2 because people get too annoyed?

• Like 1

nowt

Finding out how horribly off all my predictions are (and getting more of the story in the process).

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Most looking forward :

• Great Story, Quests, Dialogues, Banters, Relationships.
  • Cool Companions & Characters in General.
  • Cool Fights, Spells, Abilities, etc.
  • Cool Weapons, Armors & Shields. [More Soulbound Items]

What I'd like :

• I hope Crafting & Enchanting is nice, at least, expanded on from what it was in PoE. [Even though I liked it]

What I don't want :

• Playing the Tikawara Arc again...  :p
  • Like 3

I am mostly interested, if Obs will use mechanics for some cool quest design/storytelling. New stealth/pickpocketing, faction and relationship system could potentially lead to some cool interactivity with companions and quest resolutions. I am also looking forward to free map exploration with hostile ships and such. Hopefully some cool stuff to be found. 

And you know the usual - story, characters, usual stuff. 

• Like 1

I'm in it for the story, the interesting characters and the world building.

I'm holding out hope that Deadfire will be to Pillars of Eternity, what Shadows of Amn was to Baldur's Gate. A game that improves on it's predecessor in every way possible.

What I don't want is more of the endless fights with trash mobs from PoE, some trash is ok, but I much prefer more complex fights with more interesting opponents. The fight with Concelhaut and Llengrath for example is unique and interesting, carving through a legion of Burned Bannermen mooks or Llengrath's followers is not.

To be 100% honest: romancing Aloth (sans Iselmyr, CENIC can have her :thumbsup: ).

But since that may or may not be possible, goal #2 is: go everywhere, talk to everyone, search each nook and cranny for every bit of lore in the game, and then, in the end, guide my PC down the path of doing some good in their world.

Then go back and roll another character to experience the story a different way.

I am most looking forward to importing my pc and seeing the returning companions again. :) I like games where the same pc spans multiple games.

I am also looking forward to the following:

• Playing through the main story and quests
  • Companion quests, interacting with companions, and relationships
  • Quest choices/consequences
  • Seeing the improved visuals and spells
  • VO
  • Like 4

Theory Crafting. I am going to try to beat Josh and his hate of Min Maxing. Im going to min max the heck out of the game and then send Sawyer a tweet telling him, in Pillars 3 he will have to make everything even more generic and each aspect of the game have less impact on characters so that everyone can be viable but so very white bread and no one can be really different. *

• Like 1

In PoE1 I've played caster heavy parties and melee heavy parties before ultimately discovering a very tanky setup that outlasts, outlasts, outlasts, and that's now my favorite. I'm looking forward to experimenting with multiclass combos to create something similar in PoE2. Hopefully there will not be two of a kind in it.

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

Most looking forward :

• Great Story, Quests, Dialogues, Banters, Relationships.
  • Cool Companions & Characters in General.
  • Cool Fights, Spells, Abilities, etc.
  • Cool Weapons, Armors & Shields. [More Soulbound Items]

What I'd like :

• I hope Crafting & Enchanting is nice, at least, expanded on from what it was in PoE. [Even though I liked it]

What I don't want :

• Playing the Tikawara Arc again...  :p

All of the above, plus my being safe in the knowledge that anything like the early PoE1 stronghold won't get repeated, because that was one dry sandwich without butter.

• Like 4

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

I'm most looking forward to meeting the Black Isle Bastards :skull:
and I can't wait to meet Tekehu and romance the hell out of him because...

T7lh5Q5.jpg

• Like 2

"Loyal Servant of His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful!"

ringoffireresistance.gif *wearing the Ring of Fire Resistance* (gift from JFSOCC)