GTX 1180 Rumors

Bokishi

Given that this is WCCFTech the information could be spot on or completely incorrect...

July seems unlikely though since, as far as I've heard, there still hasn't been any word on board partners getting specifications or samples?

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Even if nVidia were to sell them for 1500$, they would sell like icewater in hell. Even if Radeon were to release a better, more efficient and cheaper alternative. Atleast, that is what history has shown us.

Edited by Azdeus

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Given that this is WCCFTech the information could be spot on or completely incorrect...

July seems unlikely though since, as far as I've heard, there still hasn't been any word on board partners getting specifications or samples?

I don't disagree with any of that since nVidia has the performance advantage, not much point releasing new cards until AMD do and they (supposedly, though there were placeholder pages for new Vegas) won't for up to 18 months. 1080Ti itself was only released because release of Vega seemed imminent and...

...the original rumours for the 2080's (sic) release reported on by wccftech etc was literally now, with 10 series cards already having their production stopped back in Feb/ March. Guess if you throw throw rumours at the wall eventually you get one right by sheer number.

• Like 1

July seems highly doubtful, full time GDDR6 production only started up recently.  Something along the lines of September or October seems a lot more realistic.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

1080Ti was announced Feb 28 and shipped March 10 last year. 1080 was May 6th announcement, release May 20 the previous year. So about 2 weeks. Both had FE releases first with general availability a bit later though.

July seems highly doubtful, full time GDDR6 production only started up recently.  Something along the lines of September or October seems a lot more realistic.

AMD's experience with HBM2 is definitely a cautionary tale on early adoption of new memory as well. I don't think they've got the 1000MHz HBM2 Hynix promised them even now.