POE Passive talents that carry over

Is there any information available on which of the talents earned as rewards for deeds/quest during the course of POE1 that will carry over with the save import feature?

Specifically the talents here listen under rewards:

https://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Talent

I've only been able to find vague posts and tweets with "hints" that they might carry over in some capacity, or that the devs "wanted it to". Now that we are nearing the official release, I was wondering if there has been any more information has been made available regarding this, since there are quite a lot of stats that could be picked up during the first game(... among them, a whole 7 attribute points). 

This is coming from just some concern, since in the playthrough I was planning on importing, I choose to fight Llengrath(because I think it is one of the best fights in the game)... but then I miss out on 3 attribute points from Mental Prowess.. which I consider pretty major. 

Ya, I was hoping for either they release a list of talents that do have an effect; or just scrub all of them for a fresh start. Though I cant seem to find the exact Q&A, here was a short transcript of a question regarding this I found on another forum:

Begin transcription:

Will Pillars of Eternity story talents--for example, Gift of the Machine, Effigy's Resentment--be retained if we import our save?
JS: The plan is that yes those will appear in some form. I can't say it will take the exakt same form that they did in Pillars 1, but our plan is to carry those over in some way that feels rewarding for making those choices. 

End transcription.

I just would love some clarification of what "some form" means exactly. 

Josh has stated that “some” of the story perks will carry over, though not likely in their current form.

Which ones and what they will look like is currently unknown. I don’t suspect that we will hear much more about them prior to release.

• Like 3

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Josh has stated that “some” of the story perks will carry over, though not likely in their current form.

Which ones and what they will look like is currently unknown. I don’t suspect that we will hear much more about them prior to release.

I dont now about this. I remember Josh stating something quite differernent

From tumblr (translated from German since the question & answer were given in German):

Good evening! Since it is only 4 weeks until the launch of PoEII, I would like to ask a frequently asked question again that has been answered only vaguely: How are various advantages earned (Gift from the Machine) transferred to the sequel? And if so, which one?

It's only 17:00 here, but hello.

I will not say which talents (benefits) come back. I can say that we keep the most important decisions.

So basically what Achilles said. Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I saw blood pool stuff in the moddable files, but it didn't indicate what form it would take IIRC.

So you're saying...the Grieving Mother may have died a painful sacrificial death in vain? Good!

(jk please don't hit me - I love Chris as much as the next guy but the dialogue with her could get so ridiculous at times)

Edited by Skazz