Probably already something people asked but do you think we'll see more types of godlike in deadfire? we know of a new one being Ondra's godlike.

I'm pretty curious what an abydon godlike would look like, maybe like a small eyeless? or a wael godlike, a person that changes race, gender and age constantly?

what do you think they'd look like?

6025422_EFPg_C_v1.png

I would not be surprised if in the case of Abydon, they were to be more metallic in appearance, like if they were ironclad golem. An Eyeless could be one expression of it.

As a bonus, they could benefit from Armor Rating and the ability to engage more foes, which would reflect the mythos around the God. Perhaps they could even take on more wounds before dying. Something to emphasise the protection he offered would be could, I believe.

In the case of Wael, it could be pretty sweet to have them hidden behind some kind of veil, almost like a specter, perhaps that even change colours with the surrounding or randomly, or in other cases seem almost translucent. The veil could even be embroidered with glyphs and runes of arcane and obscure origins.

It would work pretty great, I think, with the inability to really understand him, for what we know so far. Also, well, I like Hellenistic culture. In it, knowing the truth is akin to unveiling something that was always there all along. There are even jokes about it in Herodotus’ Histories, where truth is akin to a women undressing herself in front of you.

Anyway, as a bonus for those godlikes, I think it could be interesting lorewise to have them resist better against Mental afflictions and such effects that lose control of oneself. Perhaps they could also have an ability link with their aspect, which could be interesting, something that activates at low or half health, essentially tearing the veil momentarily – without necessarily having it reflect on the character’s model - to frighten foes or confuse them.

I'll try to ponder the other ones a bit more.

• Like 1

Here's an idea for a single character rpg (maybe the fully 3D first person one they want so much to make):

You play as a godlike. Only.

That way they can give all their focus in making godlike models or mods for character creation and have that interactivity with people around you seeing you as a godlike, that Pillars lack.

I'd love to see a game like that :)

I happen to have acquired this very rare photograph of an Abydon godlike male. 

anvil_guy_by_buster126-d5kynbj.jpg

Lol, that's quite accurate. Combine that with the Eyeless who're supposed to look similar to him:

PX2_Eyeless.png

and you'll get...a Pyramid head:

Silent-Hill-Action-Figure-Pyramid-Head-F

• Like 3

I think Woedica's godlike should all look like a Koschei the Deathless - like a crowned, burnt lich or something:

218233_900.jpg

Wael is obviously this or that:

SFd7lJY.jpg2523259392.jpg

space-stars-other-nebula-helmet-wallpape

Edited by Aramintai
  • Like 2

Rymrgand godlike:

white-walker.jpg

For Rymrgard i always imagined them being more like Wendigos. Covered in fur and horns. Less cannibalism though... probably.

wendigo_by_m00r-d8fmyio.jpg

Though the white walker-esque design would be pretty cool (though the crown-like horns make me think of Woedica)

Edited by Juodas Varnas
  • Like 1

PoE1 Spoiler!!1!

Is it necessarily true that every godlike is actually associated with one god, or is it possible that godlikes existed even before the gods were created?

That's rather unlikely because godlikes look too similar to gods traits manifested in the flesh, i.e. their avatars. 

PoE1 Spoiler!!1!

Is it necessarily true that every godlike is actually associated with one god, or is it possible that godlikes existed even before the gods were created?

That's rather unlikely because godlikes look too similar to gods traits manifested in the flesh, i.e. their avatars. 

My personal guess is that the souls of godlikes and the gods are a very loose form of soul twins, since something can't come from nothing the engwith must have created the gods from a certain number of souls, and the "leftovers" of the souls used to form the gods were sent back to the wheel and the vessels that have a high enough concentration of these soul fragments become godlikes. 

6025422_EFPg_C_v1.png

Though the white walker-esque design would be pretty cool (though the crown-like horns make me think of Woedica)

They'r not crown horns, they're icicles, lol.

Oh, are they?

I don't actually watch Game of Thrones.

6Xq9ST9.gif

• Like 1

They'r not crown horns, they're icicles, lol.

Oh, are they?

I don't actually watch Game of Thrones.

6Xq9ST9.gif

I never got into it. And now with the bajilion of seasons there are, i have nowhere near enough time to binge watch everything.

• Like 1