Tooltip flickering

matt850

Question

Various Tool tips when highlighted by mouse pointer Flicker as if they are a strobe light of sorts.  I have tried everything I can think of from reinstalling, changing everything sort of different setting in graphics ect.  Still the flickering continues.  It is becoming extremely painful on my eyes.  How do I fix this?

6 answers to this question

Well, if you want to be completely over the top and crazy about this, you can cancel if you want to...

I don't know if this bug existed back in 1.0, because with several patches and mechanical changes came several new bugs and problems. PoE1 has been supported for a long time and received many patches, but it's a large and complex game and had - and still has - quite a few bugs (most of them minor annoyances, though.)

Considering that Obsidian focuses on the sequel, I doubt we'll see another patch for the first game any time soon (if at all), which means we are stuck with the bugs that haven't been fixed as of yet. I myself still play version 3.06 because 3.07 (the latest patch) introduced some problems I'm not willing to accept. So you can make a choice: Enjoy a great game with some flaws or... don't.

My point is that while researching trying to find any help with this I found accounts of people having the same issue from 2015 till late 2017.  So I would think that would range over quite a few versions.  I found reference a few times from devs saying it was a known issue.  But never was the issue resolved apparently.  So my concern is worrying about if this is an example of how Obsidian handles "known issues".  

I don't think one single bug can stand representative for how Obsidian handles known issues. They have x amount of known bugs and less than x amount of resources to tackle them. So they have to pick their battles carefully. Another point is that some problems are easier to fix than others and we don't know on which end of the spectrum this particular bug falls.

I personally don't mind it that much and let me tell you that there are some super SUPER minor bugs in this game that I hate with a passion and would love to see fixed. So it's all subjective. In my experience, they did care quite a lot for Pillars 1 (being their very first own IP and all) and did support it for quite a long time. They didn't squash all the problems and one could argue that the latest patch made things a bit worse than the one before that, but its still a great game and I wouldn't cancel my order on the sequel because of some (subjectively) minor unfixed stuff in the first game. It's not like you cannot complete PoE because it has dozens of game breaking problems or something like that.

That said, I think you can expect a somewhat rough start with Deadfire and may want to wait for the first few patches to drop if you are easily affected by stuff like that.

Edited by Cerebro83