Just pre-ordered the game a bit ago and while I was already going to do it regardless of my system (a laptop, yeah...I know) in order to support Obsidian and for more games like this to be made, I am a bit worried if I can even play it.

For reference I was able to play POE1 the whole way through expansions included and the only slow down was during a cutscene right before the final boss fight. The loading times however were atrocious though.

I'll post my system specs here if it helps: 

Processor: Intel® Pentium® CPU N3540 2.16GHz

RAM: 8,00GB

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 920M

Disk Space is not a problem i have almost free 440GB in my HDD 

6025422_EFPg_C_v1.png

You are not alone. If you were able to playthrough PoE1 without an issue you should be able to run Deadfire, at least on playable level. But it's all a mystery right now. Final specs weren't released yet, optimization isn't finished. The most recent beta release came with significant performance boost, but I have no idea how much it will further improve before the release. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the heads up, don't know if anyone in the beta can say anything at this point but it'd be awesome if there was someone with specs similar to mine that got to play it, just to know if they got to play it without much issues.

6025422_EFPg_C_v1.png

I've played PoE1 and Deadfire beta on a laptop with similar specs, my new laptop, and a high-end PC. One thing I've noticed is that performance is similar across versions on the same machine, if you discount the long loading times and frame rate general weirdness from the beta (which has already been improved a ton). Other than that they play pretty well identically, so no, we don't know for sure, but I wouldn't be too worried :)

Edited by fortuntek
  • Like 1

I've played PoE1 and Deadfire beta on a laptop with similar specs, my new laptop, and a high-end PC. One thing I've noticed is that performance is similar across versions on the same machine, if you discount the long loading times and frame rate general weirdness from the beta (which has already been improved a ton). Other than that they play pretty well identically, so no, we don't know for sure, but I wouldn't be too worried :)

Thanks a bunch, that does loads to assuage my worries :D

• Like 1

6025422_EFPg_C_v1.png