News about new game by OBS?

Ogi79

BREAKING NEWS: no news

THIS JUST IN: nothing

NEW UPDATES: no updates

THE LATEST: ecclesiastes 1:9

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 6

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Perhaps it would be wise to announce this huge piece of news after the lovely Deadfire launches, and with some margin to spare, since their latest masterpiece deserves its time in the limelight.

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Yeah, Pillars II is the game that needs all the spotlight for now. The new game will get officially announced in due time.

It won't release before April 1st 2019. There's no rush.

Edited by Labadal
  • Like 1

Actually their game was already revealed at PAX. You may not have noticed because it was very subtle. They are working on a mobile city building game with timed resource gathering and farm simulation mechanics set in the world of Nascar 2018. Really interesting stuff.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's interesting that Sawyer is stepping down as creative director of Deadfire so that he can pursue other projects. I wonder if he's been given the green light on his long-cherished idea of doing an historical RPG. And if so, I wonder what new directions he'll choose to take for the game given his recent comments on the state of RPG game development across the industry.

It could be that, or he could take a break from leading projects for a while, or he might be moving on from Obsidian. We'll see.

• Like 1