Somebody tested it? Apparently in beta 4 the tooltip was re-phrased, and now sounds like a 10% of the dmg done as a raw lash over time.

I just can't understand if it stacks with itself or if every hit just refresh the duration.

Somebody tested it? Apparently in beta 4 the tooltip was re-phrased, and now sounds like a 10% of the dmg done as a raw lash over time.

I just can't understand if it stacks with itself or if every hit just refresh the duration.

It stacks with itself, you only see the duration of whatever the longest duration bleed remaining is, but you can see multiple bleed ticks showing up after multiple hits with the modal on. It's 10% of the damage done per 3 seconds, so you do 200% extra damage over the following 60s.

**Updated because I was wrong the first time.

Edited by Cheston
  • Like 1

That seems to be too strong. Does it stack with Wounding Shot or Taste of the Hunt or the rogue's DoT upgrades of Crippling & Blinding Strike?

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

That seems to be too strong. Does it stack with Wounding Shot or Taste of the Hunt or the rogue's DoT upgrades of Crippling & Blinding Strike?

It stacks with Deep Wounds. I assume it stacks with anything else as well. Now I need to take another look at all of the bleed upgrades/effects!

(As an aside, axes and other weapons with high-recovery modals work great on Riposte swashbucklers.)

It stacks with itself, you only see the duration of whatever the longest duration bleed remaining is, but you can see multiple bleed ticks showing up after multiple hits with the modal on. It's 10% of the damage done per 3 seconds, so you do 200% extra damage over the following 60s.

**Updated because I was wrong the first time.

Thanks

I was testing a rogue with 2 axes, i wondered why it seemed to do so much dmg, this could be a reason.

Afaik, ripose is still a "low chance" (20%) activation passive, but actually it activate a full attack, wich is strong. I mean you can kill some mobs with 1 activation alone, if you are dual wielding. Maybe building only aroud that can be not so good, BUT imho is a good passive atm. With my rogue ( max str & const dwarf, 2 fine axes, modal always active) i usually get 1 or 2 free kills in crowded fights ( with a 100 hit dice, someone is going to miss you sooner or later)

Edited by Dr <3

Riposte could always do Full Attacks - but they buffed it in PoE from "20% on misses" to "30% on grazes + 20% on misses" because it was too weak. It's deflection only.

I understand why they nerfed it in beta1 (no grazes and lots of misses) - but now, with the graze returned, they should put it back to where it was in PoE or else it's a total bummer. Don't think about rogue/paladin but think abour single class rogue. It shouldn't suck with a single class rogue.

It's hard to achieve high miss chance without a shield. And with a shield you can't do a Full Attack Riposte (except with bashing shields).

The only setup that I found worthwhile was Badgradr's Barricade + Riposte in PoE.

The only thing where it's okish in beta4 is when you stack a ton of bonuses against disengagement attacks (Chanter/Rogue - those from passives, including chants, all stack) and then provoke disengagement attacks that will miss a lot. But it's very gimmiyk and quirky and no fun to play.

I didn't test how Blade Turning+Riposte work in combination. Maybe I will do today...

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Blade turning + ripose could actually be nice, well thougt!

About ripose: i remain of my opinion, surely is not op, but not worthless nontheless. Yes, it could be better but since rogue/pala is a thing it will be difficult to fine tune to prevent abuse. There is also the trikster, mirror image is +30 deflection, better than a shield.

Atm if you dual wield 2 slow 1h you still can have some nice dmg now and then, in particular while soloing ( i mean 1 shot a languefath mage/rogue). Still better then a lot of other passives.

I also wonder what happens with Cleaving Stance if you kill an enemiy with a Riposte as a Swashbuckler... :)

I'm 99% sure if your riposte kills an enemy, it will trigger cleave. I'm not sure cleave will trigger itself now because during my newest playthrough I didn't notice it happens.

Blade turning + ripose does not work

What about the medium shield modal?

I haven't seen it trigger there either, no. (I might have just been exceptionally unlucky, but it did look like medium shield modal blocks don't count as "misses".)

Hm, not really a bug.

Misses don't get rolled against the block resistance (why should they, they are misses anyway). Block gets only rolled on grazes/hits/crits. Since Riposte only gets triggered by misses it makes sense that it doesn't work when a graze/hit/crit gets blocked.

Of course it would make a lot of sense to also trigger Riposte on blocks - I'm totally for it - but I wouldn't call the momentary behaviour a bug.

Hm, not really a bug.

Misses don't get rolled against the block resistance (why should they, they are misses anyway). Block gets only rolled on grazes/hits/crits. Since Riposte only gets triggered by misses it makes sense that it doesn't work when a graze/hit/crit gets blocked.

Of course it would make a lot of sense to also trigger Riposte on blocks - I'm totally for it - but I wouldn't call the momentary behaviour a bug.

Yeah, "design flaw" perhaps, or just "counter-intuitive mechanic". The Large shield would contribute to ripostes, though, right? Because it works by increasing your Deflection stats?

I'm not 100% sure and can't look into the game atm - but I think it just lowers the damage of ranged deflection attacks and reflex attacks.

Yeah, I checked, just 50% reduction in damage from ranged attacks and attacks that target reflex. Good if you're fighting a dragon. "block" on medium shields is "30% damage resistance" and a 25% recovery penalty. 

Edited by Dr. Hieronymous Alloy

Which is pretty awesome. It's basically 30% graze+hit+crit to miss (or "block" in this case) conversion. Add a lot of crit-to-hit and hit-to-crit and you'll be so much sturdier in melee...