Hello, 

Is there a chance you consider giving us a new game + system in to the game.

Now with multiclass system it something you can consider.

For example i end my game with full party of single class characters.

In new game + I could use xp I’ll  gather to lvl up my second class from lvl 1.

I know many people say it silly or characters will be overpower to start the game at lvl 20 but I think people who love play this game over and over should

have chance to be able to save the progress from one playground and be able to create uber team with the best items game have to offer.

Another reason - let say you can get super shiny one hand sword in end game but I like when my fighter (fury warrior ^^) can use two of this items at once.

I need to play this game twice to achieve this.

In my third playground I finally finalize my dream and kill them all with my uber character with 2 best unique sword in my both hands.

This is my end game definition of fun.

:fdevil: 

As you said in E3 game footage - if I choose to do so I can but I want to do this in new game + system.

Please finally let me do silly things in the game.

:bow:  :bow:  :bow: 

The only thing that comes close to new game+ is Berath's Blessing:

Next Stretch Goal -Berath's Blessings

Berath's Blessings is a new feature for Deadfire that gives players special bonuses when they start a new game, based on achievements that have been completed in previous gameplay. Berath plays a large role in the story of Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire that we don't want to reveal quite yet, but she will aid you at the start of your adventure with her blessings. These can be used as a helping hand to defeat that next difficulty level, to provide additional challenges, and to increase the reward for chasing down and completing achievements. Each completed achievement gives the player points to spend on blessings when they start up a new game.

Players will be able to spend these points on a wide variety of unlocks. Some players may simply want a more powerful starting character - better starting gear or more attribute points. Other players may choose to more quickly advance through a part of the game that they don’t really want to repeat - bonus faction reputation, or starting the game with extra copper coins. Players will even have the option to start the game with some of their favorite things acquired during a previous journey – starting with a favorite companion or Soulbound weapon from an earlier playthrough. There will even be unlocks that make the game harder, boosting the challenge of the next campaign.

That stretch goal was reached with ease, so it will be in the final game.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 3

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Berath's Blessings is a new feature for Deadfire that gives players special bonuses when they start a new game, based on achievements that have been completed in previous gameplay. Berath plays a large role in the story of Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire that we don't want to reveal quite yet, but she will aid you at the start of your adventure with her blessings. These can be used as a helping hand to defeat that next difficulty level, to provide additional challenges, and to increase the reward for chasing down and completing achievements. Each completed achievement gives the player points to spend on blessings when they start up a new game.

Players will be able to spend these points on a wide variety of unlocks. Some players may simply want a more powerful starting character - better starting gear or more attribute points. Other players may choose to more quickly advance through a part of the game that they don’t really want to repeat - bonus faction reputation, or starting the game with extra copper coins. Players will even have the option to start the game with some of their favorite things acquired during a previous journey – starting with a favorite companion or Soulbound weapon from an earlier playthrough. There will even be unlocks that make the game harder, boosting the challenge of the next campaign.

Oh man, I TOTALLY forgot about this. It's going to be so great. What a brilliant idea. I like how the achievements play a role as well.

• Like 1

Multiclassing is only possible from character creation / npc recruitment. You level up each level as a multiclass character, not two separate classses individually. Hence, you could not level a character up to 20 and then start leveling a second class.

Multiclassing is only possible from character creation / npc recruitment. You level up each level as a multiclass character, not two separate classses individually. Hence, you could not level a character up to 20 and then start leveling a second class.

Every 3rd level, you’re required to choose an ability for each class.
  • Like 1

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Oh man, I TOTALLY forgot about this. It's going to be so great. What a brilliant idea. I like how the achievements play a role as well.

My Steam has had achievements locked for quite some time. No idea why, though. Wonder if I'll even be able to use Berath's Blessing. :(

My Steam has had achievements locked for quite some time. No idea why, though. Wonder if I'll even be able to use Berath's Blessing. :(

From what I understand it's tied to Deadfire's achievements, not PoE1. In beta there is an ingame achievement tab, so I imagine whenever steam or gog works it shouldn't matter as long as game registers it.

• Like 1

Shouldn't cause you a problem, I believe it's in-game achievements (edit: Deadfire achievements, not PoE1) and not Steam's. Or GoG or whatever. That way it should work without the need for a platform.

Edited by fortuntek
  • Like 1

What about it?

What about it?
“You level up each level as a multiclass character, not two separate classses individually.”

Mostly true. Every 3rd level you do level up two classes individually.

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

What about it?
“You level up each level as a multiclass character, not two separate classses individually.”

Mostly true. Every 3rd level you do level up two classes individually.

Choosing your class abilities is not what I was talking about. The OP was under the impression that you could, for example, be a level 20 fighter and then start leveling up that character as a wizard, instead of just being a level X battlemage.