Who else is doing there first playthrough with all single class?

ITS NEALRY TIME!!!! IM SO EXCITED!!!!!

Im going to do my first playthrough will single class. The benefits i see of this are:

- you get to learn the classes before you start playing around with multis

- will be easier for my first playthrough, it needs to be because its my first playthrough

- better replayabilty for future playthroughs because ive gotten singles out of the way and can experiment with mulits later

Im thinking two playthroughs of five singles and then another 5 singles!

Edited by master guardian

Wizard as always on a first run... 

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ I ' M ★  ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ B L A C K S T A R   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 

What is the max level a mulitclas can go to? Is it 10/10?

And this is slightly off topic but did they end up nerfing relentless storm in deadfire?

I just had a brain snap of a multi class Druid running around perma stunning entire screens with that spell. Man was it powerful in the first game

I'm going to make my character wizard/cypher multiclass for rp reasons, so it will be on Aloth to show me what flashy high level wizard abilities look like. As for other companions, we'll see how it goes. 

What is the max level a mulitclas can go to? Is it 10/10?

And this is slightly off topic but did they end up nerfing relentless storm in deadfire?

I just had a brain snap of a multi class Druid running around perma stunning entire screens with that spell. Man was it powerful in the first game

The max level of a multiclass character is 20. There are no seperate levels for each part of the multiclass because you can decide rel. freely from which class tree you take abilites.

The only time you get forced to take abilities from both class trees is when you reach a new Power Level.

The max Power Level (shows you the ability tier as well) is 9 for single class characters and 7 for multiclass characters.

Relentless Storm comes at PL 5. It's in the beta so you could try it out.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Continuing my fighter tank build from PoE (want to try out the new unbroken sub class) he will

stay a single class. Aloth, Eder and Pallegina are also going to stay as a single class. The last

two companions will be multiclassed. Those two will have to fill more then one role, cause of

the party limit being lowered just only five now.

Edited by wolfrider100

" Life... is strength. That is not to be contested, it seems

logical enough. You live, you affect your world. "

Jon Irenicus ´

I dunno, for my main character I'll have to see what they gonna do for balance in release notes and what high level abilities will be available for single classes. 

As for companions, Eder and Aloth will stay with their respective single classes as Fighter and Wizard. And Xoti will cover all priestly spells with a single class as well.

I don't see Pallegina singing any chants personally, knowing how she hates all things "Hylea" so she'll probably stay a pure paladin as well.

Everybody else - I don't really care one way or the other.

Edited by Aramintai

Depends on the high-level abilities, but I’ll likely multi my main and keep companions single-classed.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I won't be doing an all single class run probably ever.  With 5 party members multiclassing is pretty great for bringing in more versatility so no reason not to.  That said, I am still going to single class some characters for sure.  Such as Aloth and Xoti. 

I'm going to play single class. Never been a huge fan of multi class, as I feel a jack of all trades master of none.

With that said I may have to, since they lowered party count to 5. My classic lineup has always been Ranger (me), fighter, rogue, priest, wizard, and additional fighter type like Paladin.

Right now in the beta I feel like I'm suffering in battles as my Rogue is not strong enough and only one fighter and animal pulling agro.

Any suggestions from long time multi class players?

You can have a taste of that in the beta by consolling in some high-level scrolls (hint: They look good.) ;)

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Single-class wizard first. And I'm curious how unique some of the npc subclasses are. I really don't like it when I roll the same class and they outshine mine. Damn you, Edwin & Safiya, hm... damn you red wizards of thay actually.

Edited by rothamon81
  • Like 1