Deadfire will have FULL Voice over. It's ON!

I sure hope this didn't affect the amount of dialogue choices. This is how it always starts.

Yep, full voice over can very easily be achieved by reducing the overall amount of lines to be voiced...

I hope this isn't the case here.

• Like 2

"Loyal Servant of His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful!"

ringoffireresistance.gif *wearing the Ring of Fire Resistance* (gift from JFSOCC)

Another cool VO announcement that didn’t waste 2 hours of my Saturday! You guys are 2/3!!

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Yep. I heard this a little while ago. Until I recently played Divinity 2, I wasn't on board with full VO. Now, I can't wait!! Great job Obsidian!

I hope Mercer plays a lot of rolls. He's such a cool dude.

EDIT: Anyone find a new code in that tweet vid?

Edited by Jayngo

Yep. I heard this a little while ago. Until I recently played Divinity 2, I wasn't on board with full VO. Now, I can't wait!! Great job Obsidian!

It's already at the point where you can have your entire party voiced by Mercer.

• Like 5

It's already at the point where you can have your entire party voiced by Mercer.

That's not enough......I.....need.....moar......Mercer! 

This is awesome news.

But...

Brace yourselves for that download size. :)

Downloading: 2D isometric game. Disk size required: 3TB
  • Like 4

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

My dream has become realized fantasy.

Now I can finally say that I was right from my expectations in the beginning of time and development. This is due to following the suit which has set a new standard in Crpg of recent years (thanks to Divinity: Original Sim Enhances Edition).

What can we expect? 1 person doing voices for 15 characters? If talent is somewhat measirable, this could work and they might just get away with it. However, don't expect not to be able to tell that two or three characters are the same person and doing horrid impersonations. This is a given and I'm guessing this method will be used to cut recording costs, what say you?

Now, to hear my green orlan finally be able to talk vs pibsqueek noises. What an advantage to my ears! :)

Yes, Obsidian, thank you. We wanted, we asked and you gave most graciously.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Excellent news !!

Personnally, for me it is perfect, even if there is less text, it can be a good thing : Obsidian is obliged to go to the essentials and energize his purpose. Something that does not seem essential to me, but many people were allergic to the mass of text of their games.

So it is awsome in all cases.

• Like 2

What can we expect? 1 person doing voices for 15 characters? If talent is somewhat measirable, this could work and they might just get away with it. However, don't expect not to be able to tell that two or three characters are the same person and doing horrid impersonations. This is a given and I'm guessing this method will be used to cut recording costs, what say you?

@Boeroer
  • Like 3

@Boeroer

Geez it never ends. and the mawds get all over you. although that post is tame compared to alot of others. back to thread.

im kinda interested to see if this will reach more players to enjoy crpgs but it should be cool feature. I dont actually care to much either way but if its good it does add something.

Edited by draego

Player characters won't be voiced.

Edit: Only the outside of conversation barks.

Edited by Alot
  • Like 1

The Sharmat on Sensuki:

"It is not Baldur's Gate 3 he yearns to play. It is the experience of playing Baldur's Gate for the first time."

I can't listen to audio at the moment, did they say anything specific about voiced player characters?  I'm very curious about whether there will be a choice of voices, or it's one per gender.

There will be more voicesets on top of those already in the first game, including some new voicesets fashioned after the Critical Role Vox Machina characters as part of the Vox Machina DLC.

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden