Here's another request for watercolorization. 

Exhibit A is this unsettling Aumaua with blurry edges and some fuzzy bits. 

Fun fact, I got it from image searching "Aumaua". 

I have no idea of the actual origin, and as such I don't have any larger sizes than portrait grade. 

But I took him through the first game twice, and I'd like to try in Deadfire. 

post-158687-0-45403100-1526054593_thumb.png

Edited by Parasol_Syndicate

Magran's fire casts light in Dark Places...

Hello! I created a few watercolor portraits for myself, and I thought I'd register on the forum to share them with others. I'll be able to help with a few requests if needed also.

uYA4OGA.pngFHlMxne.pngQ0Tpp03.pngIapKw2R.png

OKGs01o.png9PV55H5.pngrlzlBK8.pngio7EkTZ.png

pVRd3mH.png0Ifekkb.pngIgxht0H.png9TgxD0L.png

i1cCvmf.pngLm3udKk.pngSIJT3FB.pnggDWikwa.png

Very nice, May you tell me how you create them? I'd really like to do the same with mines. I post my portrait some post ago :D May you share some pattern? 

Edited by Kikokage

Hello! I created a few watercolor portraits for myself, and I thought I'd register on the forum to share them with others. I'll be able to help with a few requests if needed also.

Very nice, May you tell me how you create them? I'd really like to do the same with mines. I post my portrait some post ago :D May you share some pattern?

There's a great step-by-step tutorial here:

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/97149-tutorial-watercolor-portraits-in-the-gimp/

All you need is the free image editor 'Gimp' and to follow the instructions -  once you get in a rhythm it's easy to do.

Edited by moonlightmountains
  • Like 1

I have no idea of the actual origin, and as such I don't have any larger sizes than portrait grade. 

Sure. It was tricky to get a true watercolor feel with this image, but it still looks okay:

WrfpRRX.png 2dxr0sF.png6YAZRhE.pngyq87NN2.png

• Like 6

Sure. It was tricky to get a true watercolor feel with this image, but it still looks okay:

Looks great!  Much appreciated. 

• Like 1

Magran's fire casts light in Dark Places...

There's a great step-by-step tutorial here:

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/97149-tutorial-watercolor-portraits-in-the-gimp/

All you need is the free image editor 'Gimp' and to follow the instructions -  once you get in a rhythm it's easy to do.

Thank you mate, I was looking for something like this :D

If someone could ever be so kind and watercolor this for me I would be forever indebted:

3179345171_250f756eba.jpg

Just the head area would be enough!

Thanks!!

Here you go!

RNDdk7j.pngX7IjFdC.pngcQSHBuP.pngYTq6wQi.png

Wow! Thanks!! That was quick!!!

Now, does anyone know if I can add this portrait to my existing game? Replace the current one I'm using?

Now, does anyone know if I can add this portrait to my existing game? Replace the current one I'm using?

No problem.

If you add the four images to the portrait folder, you go the 'character' or 'inventory' screen in-game (can't remember which), and beneath your image there's an option to change the portrait.

Make sure the files have the right titles when you add them to the portrait folder too. An example would be:

Large color portrait = human_x1_lg.png

Small color portrait = human_x1_sm.png

Large watercolor portrait = human_x1_convo.png

Small watercolor portrait = human_x1_si.png

Hope this helps!

• Like 1

No problem.

If you add the four images to the portrait folder, you go the 'character' or 'inventory' screen in-game (can't remember which), and beneath your image there's an option to change the portrait.

Make sure the files have the right titles when you add them to the portrait folder too. An example would be:

Large color portrait = human_x1_lg.png

Small color portrait = human_x1_sm.png

Large watercolor portrait = human_x1_convo.png

Small watercolor portrait = human_x1_si.png

Hope this helps!

This is great! Thanks!! I was wondering how to add these. Didn't realize I had to add all four portraits. Thought I would just need the two watercolor ones...

Female Orlan...

post-65980-0-84927900-1526058033_thumb.png

post-65980-0-07899400-1526058049_thumb.png

post-65980-0-53989400-1526058058.png

post-65980-0-33720500-1526058071.png

• Like 2

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

Can someone watercolor this too, please?

Here you go. I like this one a lot - I might use this in my game.

fpeMb8S.png7I1PR9u.png57n9ue1.pngZLoQ1pf.png

This is great! Thanks!! I was wondering how to add these. Didn't realize I had to add all four portraits. Thought I would just need the two watercolor ones...

Yeah, all four! In your case they'd go in the PillarsofEternityII_Data > gui > portraits> player > female folder

Just make sure they have a unique name! e.g female_human_UNIQUENAME_lg.png and so on.

• Like 4

Can someone watercolor this too, please?

Here you go. I like this one a lot - I might use this in my game.

fpeMb8S.png7I1PR9u.png57n9ue1.pngZLoQ1pf.png

Yeah, all four! In your case they'd go in the PillarsofEternityII_Data > gui > portraits> player > female folder

Just make sure they have a unique name! e.g female_human_UNIQUENAME_lg.png and so on.

God I just had to write to you! I love your watercolors they are amazing..could you maybe do this for me? http://www.bilder-upload.eu/show.php?file=66caf9-1526059815.png  http://www.bilder-upload.eu/show.php?file=f54938-1526059883.png

This is what i talking about, marvelous

• Like 1

Oh, could anyone help me watercolour these? Thanks!

Here's two for now:

t1MVKah.pngNS26cIh.png

GQmtvsP.pngmVAWHko.png

God I just had to write to you! I love your watercolors they are amazing..could you maybe do this for me? http://www.bilder-upload.eu/show.php?file=66caf9-1526059815.png  http://www.bilder-upload.eu/show.php?file=f54938-1526059883.png

Thanks! The image has been removed - trying linking it again.

• Like 3