I'm working on an update for Jason Seows unimplemented PoE 1 portraits,  and I've gone through this thread and its predecessor for all the ones that have already been made.  I'm lacking watercolors for these following portraits.

attachicon.gifmale_godlike_death_horned_lg.png attachicon.gifmale_godlike_death_horned_sm.png

attachicon.gifmale_human_l2_froghelm_lg.png attachicon.gifmale_human_l2_froghelm_sm.png

attachicon.gifmale_human_g_ocean_brigandine_lg.png attachicon.gifmale_human_g_ocean_brigandine_sm.png

attachicon.gifmale_human_f_jes_lg.pngattachicon.gifmale_human_f_jes_sm.png

attachicon.giffemale_human_savannah2_mascaraversion_lg.png attachicon.giffemale_human_savannah2_mascaraversion_sm.png

attachicon.gifmale_human_b5_lg.png attachicon.gifmale_human_b5_sm.png

attachicon.gifmale_human_bjorn4_lg.png attachicon.gifmale_human_bjorn4_sm.png

On a personal note, I'd really like the Death Godlike to get the watercolor treatment.  I desperately need it for my Wizard.

Hi, I really like Jason Seows art from the first game too, so I took a shot at a couple of these, just for practice. I'll post it as an imgur gallery rather then spam images

https://imgur.com/a/NoBbled

I'll throw in the avatar I made for my own game. The original picture seems to have been floating around in portrait packs for a while now, but I believe the artist is Elena Berezina, for the record.

https://imgur.com/a/bntr1Uc

• Like 2

I haven't even bought the game yet and I'm tweaking portraits...

I liked the direction of the Xoti portrait retouch, but it seemed too generically attractive, so I brought back the original characteristics a bit (skin blemishes are good, nose is the original, etc). Also some details on the original edit like the necklace were blurry so this image is crisper.

acBVyuX.jpg

For the non-lossy PNG

Edited by sugaki

I tried again by myself.

Its not good as the ones that many of you made ofc, but not to bad afterall :D

If someone wish to do it better, please do it!

7mBW0IT.png ECsakEZ.png 4JvbVdz.png Tbz2IZp.png

To the newbies like me:

As someone stated, follow the guide posted by  this awsome guy

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/97149-tutorial-watercolor-portraits-in-the-gimp/

Its easy and anyone can do it :)

Edited by Seferex
  • Like 1

Followed the tutorial for these images. Wonder if someone can help me improve them (first time ever making watercolors).

zJSmXvk.pngseJ9eDj.pngGBakgvp.png

That actually looks really good. Well done!

"Wizards do not need to be The Dudes Who Can AoE Nuke You and Gish and Take as Many Hits as a Fighter and Make all Skills Irrelevant Because Magic."

-Josh Sawyer

I plan on making a video tutorial on how to add a sketch effect to any image, should be uploaded in a day or two.

For anyone who is not interested in creating their own images, but would instead want someone else to do it for them, you can join my discord and browse my archive of images and even submit your own requests.

discord.gg/CfNUwRe

Got this finished recently, I'll post it here and on the Seow thread for all to use.

post-192338-0-12924300-1525983613_thumb.jpg post-192338-0-98407400-1525983619.jpg

Many thanks to Aramintai for posting their method.  It's much more accessible and possible for people with limited access to art skills and programs.

So I tried and failed and now I give up, anyone feel like applying the parchment/watercolour effects to this salty sailor?

This is the one I ended up using for my Watcher since I liked it a lot, here's what I managed to do by following the tutorial:

3PFdScu.png4AcsMI2.png

Btw i basically didnt even play yet, but i was checking some portraits in the companion portraits folder and man.. Some of them are so ugly and poor made that it seems a joke

I totally had the same reaction.  I'm guessing Obsidian just banked on the fact that players could import their own.  The problem is, they did not make it easy to import (why not have an option through in-game menus?).  I spent an hour last night trying to "hack" my mac laptop, to no avail.  My gaming time is limited these days; I would have rather been enjoying the game play instead of resizing, cropping, and photo-shopping portraits that don't hurt my eyes.

Still can't access the portrait folders as of yet :banghead:

I did the unhide hidden folders trick, but there's still barely any folders in the contents folder...

Question: Is there anyone that's good with photoshop who might be willing to assist me? I'm not looking for help with the watercolour, since there's a fantastic tutorial. What I am looking for is someone who can help me recolour a portrait I found. I love playing pale elf, but the lack of selection for portraits in a style that is visually similar (both in the game and among custom portraits) is incredibly frustrating. More annoying is the fact that every single one has white hair! Don't get me wrong. It's a good look. Really drives home the whole "we're winter incarnate" thing. 

But I would love a bit of variety. It'd be nice to play a blue skinned elf with bright orange hair. Adds a bit of colour. 

So, if anyone is willing to edit the portrait I've attached, I'd appreciate it. If you want the original source (which is 1500x2567), let me know. I know it'd be easier to just edit a portrait with white hair only, but I just really love this portrait because of how close to the style of the game it is. 

post-169113-0-89993100-1526046287_thumb.png

post-169113-0-05217000-1526046298.png

Btw i basically didnt even play yet, but i was checking some portraits in the companion portraits folder and man.. Some of them are so ugly and poor made that it seems a joke

I totally had the same reaction.  I'm guessing Obsidian just banked on the fact that players could import their own.  The problem is, they did not make it easy to import (why not have an option through in-game menus?).  I spent an hour last night trying to "hack" my mac laptop, to no avail.  My gaming time is limited these days; I would have rather been enjoying the game play instead of resizing, cropping, and photo-shopping portraits that don't hurt my eyes.

Still can't access the portrait folders as of yet :banghead:

I did the unhide hidden folders trick, but there's still barely any folders in the contents folder...

Sorry you are having so much trouble with this, but on PC this is actually as easy as copying the images to a folder. Much easier than any import feature in the game. I agree that most of the original portraits are lackluster though. Especially since they just reused the ones from the first game.

• Like 1