Great thread ! So, I was hoping to maybe get these translated into watercolor versions, if it is possible. A big thanks in advance ! :)

ZNtNWQM.png0cDKZwc.png

atG0AZo.jpg

cVCL3ea.jpg

Thank you ! They are great, and I appreciate very much the hard work :)

Thanks again !

If by any means, you or anyone were still feeling up to the task, I just found a really cool piece. Indeed, it is akin to Guts, from Berserk, but with an art style pretty close to what you might find in the game, I believe.

Anyway, I will still post it here, just in case someone might get interested in it, perhaps even for Pillars I.

Cheers everyone. Less than a day before launch ! ;)

post-181255-0-74568000-1525714204_thumb.png

post-181255-0-28403000-1525714209.png

This isn't exactly portrait related, but I'm slightly upset about the new godlike models. Didn't Josh say not so long ago that instead of making new portraits, they decided to focus on creating character models more closely resembling the existing portraits? If so, how come the result is three almost identical female fire godlike heads that look nothing like either of the old portraits?

Here are the models:
https://78.media.tumblr.com/466c7e4db04049ac24b59556a1e3e02f/tumblr_p8d41w5mfD1un2x6xo4_1280.png

And the portraits:

https://res.cloudinary.com/lmn/image/upload/fl_lossy,q_80/f_auto/v1/gameskinny/ee46abfb58fb3c59d288230e7d41f0ab.jpg

Death godlike also look kinda uglier this time (though since they are you know, Death godlike, maybe they are supposed to be ugly). 

Old:

https://venturebeat.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Pillars-of-Eternity-Death-Godlike-heads.jpg?resize=1000%2C1064&strip=all?strip=all

New:

https://78.media.tumblr.com/9fde8d7623e7e9c2a899469439f35b60/tumblr_p8d41w5mfD1un2x6xo8_1280.png

https://78.media.tumblr.com/c284a651376aeec304cc078578b83733/tumblr_p8d41w5mfD1un2x6xo7_1280.png

They used to have a lot of black smoke around their heads. Now they just look bald. 

Edited by Yria
  • Like 1

Tried my hand at the GIMP tutorial for the portrait I used on my last PoE1 character and it turned out, uh, not super great. If anyone else wants to help rectify the lack of female Orlan choices, I can think of at least one incompetent image manipulation artist who would appreciate it.

post-199881-0-60891300-1525725507_thumb.pngpost-199881-0-95350000-1525725507.png

Hi there, and good luck for the big start tomorrow!

I wanted to make a custom portrait as well, but I can't seem to make a good watercolored version of the portrait, if any of you has more talent than me I'll be a thousand times grateful.

Here's the original :
post-205083-0-82021300-1525734658_thumb.png

And here's what I tried to make ...

post-205083-0-78229600-1525780269_thumb.pngpost-205083-0-57669700-1525780338.png

Edited by GodLemon

9N5ZUeB.png

EDIT: Hmms text seems to have vanished. Didnt find this particular portrait of Pallegina in the portrait threads, so since I'm not savvy enough to watercolorify it myself I kindly request that someone who is help me out. Would be much appreciated!

Not my work, just found it elsewhere.

NUxSM8R.png bWtxHEi.png

Looks like it's the same face, though colour of that ribbon is different. Hope someone will come to our rescue and will make it red instead of blue, like on normal portrait.  ;)

I realize I'm making this request when there's less than a day before release but if someone could do water colour versions of this I'd be eternally grateful:

f6e7f9fcda.png

I don't need it before release of course cause I won't be playing for another 9 or 10 hours since as far as I'm aware it's coming out at 2:30am for me and I'm not gonna stay up for it, and even if you do it later than that I can always edit the portrait in after the fact somehow. 

So does anyone know if this portrait from PoE1 will actually be cut from the game?

bDwYN1V.png

That's my Watcher so I'm gonna be bummed if it is. :(

It was, but you can still add it back, and a water color version was already posted earlier in the thread,

Hmn, portrait mods for the ship crew are gonna be great when they appear :p

Instead of the reused ones atm.

Well who knows, they might have special portraits for them in the real release.

Do you have to use watercolor version? I am no fan of watercolor pics. Or will it look wierd? Also you have to have small version of the pics? won´t the game simply resize your large version into a smaller version? I get it´s better to cut to only face in small version maby but..

Do you have to use watercolor version? I am no fan of watercolor pics. Or will it look wierd? Also you have to have small version of the pics? won´t the game simply resize your large version into a smaller version? I get it´s better to cut to only face in small version maby but..

It will look bad.  Every NPC in the game has a water color portrait variant they use in conversations.  Even the joe blow basic vendor guy who never does anything more important than sell food and such has one.

If it were just your characters, it would be easy to remove them from the game. As is, the only option now is either make a non water color for every npc that ever speaks.  (good luck with that), or try moving them all to a new folder so the game can't find them and hope the game doesn't crash.

Also you should probably play the game before assuming, I think the water color pics actually look very good and fit nicely with the overall design theme of the game.

Edited by Karkarov
  • Like 1

There was an artist who made a great set of portraits specifically for PoE 1.

https://jasonseow.deviantart.com/art/Pillars-of-Eternity-Portraits-534985657

Unfortunately, all of his accounts seem to have gone dead, but his art remains.  Could it be possible to do some water color iterations of these for use in Deadfire?  Specifically the male Death Godlike one.  They're severely lacking in portrait variety.

So... how exactly did they manage to screw up Critical Role's Vax watercolor that badly? Like, how do you get from this:

TdyktB4.png

to this:

JnbP3dC.png

Like... wtf? That doesn't even remotely look like the same character. So I sat down and instead of actually playing the game put in the time to learn to do it myself - shoutout to Orillion for their Gimp guide. So even though they might not be the best, I figured I'd share them anyway.

GwBq4WD.pnge03L3eX.png

Edited by aeoncs
  • Like 1