Since this is the portrait thread, and I have no idea where else to ask (I'm sorry!)...

I've been curious about one thing, but I can't find confirmation anywhere: are we actually getting more than one orlan portrait this time around?

Please say yes.

I love Pillars of Eternity licence so much but WHY no attractive woman companion in PoE 2? Why this SWJ diktat?

Why no pretty heartbreaker and girly corsair? Why no gracefull elven priestess? 

I'm sick and sad about ideological choices and the will of an ugly, prude and aseptised world. Beauty and seduction isn't a stigma and be ugly isn't the guarantee of an interesting personality...

I'm very disappointed about this point of view. I hope new companion in this way for the DLC.

• Like 1

Since this is the portrait thread, and I have no idea where else to ask (I'm sorry!)...

I've been curious about one thing, but I can't find confirmation anywhere: are we actually getting more than one orlan portrait this time around?

Please say yes.

As of the last backer beta, there are 6 Female and 3 Male Orlan player portrait sets.  Potentially more to follow since the male sets don't look like they're fully populated.

• Like 1

Okay, I'm definitely going to be using these two images from Mescalinic's image dump (thanks Mescalinic!) as portraits for a couple of Hirelings.

attachicon.gifNina Full Image.jpgattachicon.gifMadeline Full Image.jpg

So, anyone care to take a crack at watercolours for these? This is for my all-Hirelings playthrough, so no rush at all. :grin:

Also, where do you guys find these fantasy images? I don't even know where to begin to look. :huh:

SR1YDUr.pnguMMd4B1.png

e8a2Wud.pngHd3kkMj.png

7tOec1s.jpg

zUBJaEN.jpg

The other portrait wasn't a good watercolor material.

• Like 5

Please say yes.

As of the last backer beta, there are 6 Female and 3 Male Orlan player portrait sets.  Potentially more to follow since the male sets don't look like they're fully populated.

Thank you! That's extremely cool to hear. :)

• Like 1

Just wanted to drop in and say how pleased I am to see all the wonderful work in here from a variety of people. Really remarkable stuff everyone. I even got a Water Color version of a portrait I used in the first game in here! 

• Like 1

Yes! We have no bananas.

I think these last requests were all that I'm able to do for now, cuz I'm gonna be busy until the end of the week and after that unavailable for obvious reason that is incoming on May 8th  8)

Edited by Aramintai
  • Like 2

Okay, I'm definitely going to be using these two images from Mescalinic's image dump (thanks Mescalinic!) as portraits for a couple of Hirelings.

So, anyone care to take a crack at watercolours for these? This is for my all-Hirelings playthrough, so no rush at all. :grin:

Also, where do you guys find these fantasy images? I don't even know where to begin to look. :huh:

SR1YDUr.pnguMMd4B1.png

e8a2Wud.pngHd3kkMj.png

7tOec1s.jpg

zUBJaEN.jpg

That one is excellent. Well done. 

SR1YDUr.pnguMMd4B1.png

e8a2Wud.pngHd3kkMj.png

7tOec1s.jpg

zUBJaEN.jpg

Damn, it really did turn out really nice. Pity about the other portrait though, but what to do.

Much thanks Aramintai!  :grin:

• Like 1

attachicon.gifTrk83Xn-MDx_FLo0sAGQ2_XqqL0gtQWBPNgW8pLTxx4.jpg

another Critical Role portraits revealed, the next one is scheduled on May 1st. 

Not sure if this is a man or a woman (leftmost Critical Role portrait). I think it is supposed to be a woman based on the original character and the accessories but when I look at that face, I just see a man for some reason. Everything below the eyes is a man's head. (To preempt certain comments, I think Maia Rua's portrait is beautiful and feminine.)

Edited by Artaios
  • Like 2

So I know this one is kind of a last minute thing, apologies for leaving it so late. But I only just found this image, and I'd really like to use it for my first Watcher. Anyone free to do a watercolour of this?

post-153915-0-12146800-1525240529_thumb.jpg

So I know this one is kind of a last minute thing, apologies for leaving it so late. But I only just found this image, and I'd really like to use it for my first Watcher. Anyone free to do a watercolour of this?

attachicon.gifSwashbuckler.jpg

I won't be able to, maybe somebody else. And, btw, this portrait is too small when properly cropped.

I gave it a try.

post-168965-0-37807600-1525251411.png post-168965-0-54375900-1525251532.png

post-168965-0-54757200-1525251285.png post-168965-0-30575800-1525251290.png

post-168965-0-54757200-1525251285_thumb.png

post-168965-0-30575800-1525251290.png

post-168965-0-37807600-1525251411_thumb.png

post-168965-0-54375900-1525251532.png

Edited by Eivenne
  • Like 3

I hope I am not too late to seek some assistance. I wish to have a portrait watercolored and wonder if some kind person could help me with that. This is the portrait in question,  made by Ben Savory also known as Dropdeadcoheed on Deviantart

0seFr1r.png

I hope it is big enough to be cropped to fit in with the other portraits. It worked perfectly in Pillars 1 but I don't know if resolutions have changed for Deadfire.

I gave it a try.

post-168965-0-37807600-1525251411.png post-168965-0-54375900-1525251532.png

post-168965-0-54757200-1525251285.png post-168965-0-30575800-1525251290.png

Looks great! Thanks! :grin:

Do we even know if companion portraits can be easily switched in Deadfire? I know they could in PoE, but I feel like I might have read a tweet or something suggesting that they're hidden now.

They're hidden in the beta to avoid spoilers and because the beta doesn't use them.

They'll be easy to find and switch in the full game unless Obsidian deliberately hides them, and there's no reason to do so.

Edited by Stuurminator

Do we even know if companion portraits can be easily switched in Deadfire? I know they could in PoE, but I feel like I might have read a tweet or something suggesting that they're hidden now.

They're hidden in the beta to avoid spoilers and because the beta doesn't use them.

They'll be easy to find and switch in the full game unless Obsidian deliberately hides them, and there's no reason to do so.

Do you think they will be easy to find when we pre-download the game?

sign.jpg

Do you think they will be easy to find when we pre-download the game?

Pre Load?  No.  Full game release?  Yeah, it will take all of 5 seconds.  They are stored in the exact same filepath they were for Eternity 1, just the parent folder is now Deadfire.  Portrait wise nothing changed, except for the inclusion of the two water color versions.  Same file path, same naming conventions, same resolution, same PNG recommended, yada yada.

Edited by Karkarov

I bet there will be a portraits mod on Nexus in less than 24 hours, with a full guidance of "how to install it", so don't worry, it will be easy to change portraits.

You don't need a mod, there is already guides on this very forum on how to do it.  I know, I wrote the one for Eternity.  It is REALLY easy, click and drag even.  You just have to name them in the right format.