Ok, I managed to dig up the high resolution .png versions of my Watcher's portrait. If Aramintai could work that magic on these it'd be really great!

Large aspect ratio:

watcher_lg.png

Small aspect ratio:

watcher_sm.png

Bigger is better when it comes to editing images, right? :)

Edited by KaiG

Hi guys :)

I'm making a little order in my portrait folder, and i wanted to share some of the ones i used in my playthrough, that I stole everywhere i could on the web. you probably already have most of these, but still... here's the first page:

FEMALE 1:

https://i.imgur.com/hk078OX.jpg

hk078OX.jpg

Edited by Mescalinic
  • Like 7

I wonder if an obsidian will be officially accused of sexism.

Forcing male features on almost all female portraits will not remain unnoticed by public.

Oh please, you can't seriously be thinking that.

• Like 8

The Sharmat on Sensuki:

"It is not Baldur's Gate 3 he yearns to play. It is the experience of playing Baldur's Gate for the first time."

I'm making a little order in my portrait folder, and i wanted to share some of the ones i used in my playthrough, that I stole everywhere i could on the web. you probably already have most of these, but still... here's the first page:

FEMALE 1:

Why post them in this format though? I would have to cut them out individually if I wanted to use them.

FEMALE 1:

Why post them in this format though? I would have to cut them out individually if I wanted to use them.

? I'm not sure I understand... you just have to open them with paint and save the one you need.

It's literally the simplest way i can think of.

If you mean why I didn't also put them in the "small" format, it's because some people like to have the exact same image, while other people like cutting a little more the image to only have the face in the small-size portrait... so everyone can choose what they prefer :)

but if you need something (or some size) in particular, I can make it for you, it's like a two-second job :)

EDIT: also, i basically have all my portrait saved like this:

MALE PORTRAITS - 1

https://i.imgur.com/fO9Gzhk.jpg

D0F6SPf.jpg

because of how easy it is to store them and cut them. i don't really have the single original images anymore, so I really hope they don't change the size of the portrait from 210x330 to something bigger, because that would be terrible for me, like hundreds of useless images :D

Edited by Mescalinic
  • Like 2

? I'm not sure I understand... you just have to open them with paint and save the one you need.

If you mean why I didn't also put them in the "small" format, it's because some people like to have the exact same image, while other people like cutting a little more the image to only have the face in the small-size portrait... so everyone can choose what they prefer :)

but if you need something (or some size) in particular, I can make it for you, it's like a two-second job :)

because of how easy it is to store them and cut them. i don't really have the single original images anymore, so I really hope they don't change the size of the portrait from 210x330 to something bigger, because that would be terrible for me, like hundreds of useless images :D

Thanks! No, I am good but I was wondering why you would even make a compilation like that when you can just have the individual files without the need of assembling or cropping. It does not make any sense to me at all. But you do you! :)

Speaking of portraits: do you guys think that the first two portraits revealed here are of Ashley and Matthew: http://versusevil.com/games/pillars-of-eternity-ii-deadfire_c-r/ ?

Edited by Artaios

This is Nighy, a priest of Eothas, my Watcher from the first game. I tried to give him the watercolor treatment, but I failed. If someone more talented than I could assist, then my gratitude would be assured.

post-69412-0-23788500-1524618774.png

I would also be grateful for watercolor versions of these five portraits if you feel particularly generous:

post-69412-0-84927700-1524618314.pngpost-69412-0-79945200-1524618322.pngpost-69412-0-04298200-1524619386.pngpost-69412-0-17434700-1524619393.pngpost-69412-0-74489800-1524620754.png

post-69412-0-84927700-1524618314_thumb.png

post-69412-0-79945200-1524618322_thumb.png

post-69412-0-23788500-1524618774_thumb.png

post-69412-0-04298200-1524619386_thumb.png

post-69412-0-17434700-1524619393_thumb.png

post-69412-0-74489800-1524620754_thumb.png

Edited by iscalio
  • Like 2

Thanks! No, I am good but I was wondering why you would even make a compilation like that when you can just have the individual files without the need of assembling or cropping. It does not make any sense to me at all. But you do you! :)

Speaking of portraits: do you guys think that the first two portraits revealed here are of Ashley and Matthew: http://versusevil.com/games/pillars-of-eternity-ii-deadfire_c-r/ ?

That's not Matthew's character(his character is the one on the right side of the banner) though, that's the character played by Liam O'brian(voice of Serfan).

Edited by jf8350143

I wonder if an obsidian will be officially accused of sexism.

Forcing male features on almost all female portraits will not remain unnoticed by public.

Are you high?

XD

Well. If anyone will have something to say about it, it's Anita lol. 

This chick complains about everything, and one of the only female character she doesn't find sexist is a literal pixelated brick. (I wish I was kidding.... XD) 

Being a female myself though (and quite a bit more on the femme side) I can safely say, that I don't mind. In fact, I like playing badass, scarred, more muscled females (even though I myself am like a literal flat brick, Anita mentioned lmao! XD)

Just for fun and laughs;

(Warring: NOT RERECORDED FOR CHILDREN! XD POOR CHILDREN!!!! SAVE THE CHILDREN, YOU CAN KILL, BUT YOU CAN'T HAVE BOOBS!!!!) Edited by Tanjaxxx
  • Like 1

This is Nighy, a priest of Eothas, my Watcher from the first game. I tried to give him the watercolor treatment, but I failed. If someone more talented than I could assist, then my gratitude would be assured.

post-69412-0-23788500-1524618774.png

I would also be grateful for watercolor versions of these five portraits if you feel particularly generous:

post-69412-0-84927700-1524618314.pngpost-69412-0-79945200-1524618322.pngpost-69412-0-04298200-1524619386.pngpost-69412-0-17434700-1524619393.pngpost-69412-0-74489800-1524620754.png

The Aumaua has already been done thanks to Aramintai :)

Follow this link: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/91743-portraits/page-18

• Like 1

ah, all right, i get it now XD

I mean, of course I have the single portraits... but in the portraits folder of the game :D

this was the fastest way I could think to post them HERE, for other people to choose and use... to post every single, isolated image seemed a little long :)

So I am by and large very particular about my portraits' facial features, but completely lack the manual dexterity to draw, so I tend to pull my portraits from other games which DO have facial character customization, to... mixed results. Honestly, screenshots make poor portraits. But, I'm also pretty good with the GIMP, so I took the time to figure out a method for converting a screenshot into a decent-looking portrait, without really needing to do any of it by hand. I couldn't figure out how to get them to look painted (at the scale I was working with, anyway) but they do look sketched in pencil and coloured similarly. Not perfect, but certainly good enough.

Then I did the same thing for the watercolours. **** me that was a lot of work. AND they barely look like the ones in-game because I based them more off of how the NPC portraits were pitched on Fig (or how I remembered them looking, at any rate).

hIc1DeS.png

So my question is this: Would anyone be interested in a tutorial on how to do this? I would just up and write it, but that's like a four-hour project we're talking about, if I bother to illustrate it (and I would) and I've put that kind of time into WAY too many projects like this lately, that absolutely nobody has cared about, to risk doing it again.

• Like 2