Some dude:

eqRpH2U.png

Looks like Titus Pullo from Rome. I noticed that you include 4 different files in your conversions. Is that something needed for PoE II? Are 4 different images used in-game and are these the resolutions that it uses? Has this been confirmed?

Edited by Artaios

I noticed that you include 4 different files in your conversions. Is that something needed for PoE II? Are 4 different images used in-game and are these the resolutions that it uses? Has this been confirmed?

Yes, yes and yes.

For more info look here:

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/94345-portraits-folder-for-custom-player-portraits/?p=1950542

I noticed that you include 4 different files in your conversions. Is that something needed for PoE II? Are 4 different images used in-game and are these the resolutions that it uses? Has this been confirmed?

Yes, yes and yes.

For more info look here:

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/94345-portraits-folder-for-custom-player-portraits/?p=1950542

Thanks! What are the '_si' images for?

Yes, yes and yes.

For more info look here:

Thanks! What are the '_si' images for?

For scripted interactions. It looks like this:

f0bcY6A.png

Are there any portraits for more homely faces? Like a Danny Trejo, Ron Perlman, or Peter Lorre? Not every hero needs to look like a model.

Have you checked out Jason's work:

http://www.jasonseow.com/#/poeportraits/

lppTVvf.png

and these offical poe portraits(also by Jason):

IqhfrvA.pngrDgbAiY.png2i913Mg.png

With that said, Ron Perlman and Danny Trejo would make awesome concept for portraits, same would Rory McCann(best known for playing Sandor Clegane/The Hound in GoT) :yes:

Rory%20McCann.jpg

...and yeah real warriors are/were rarely model types :-

UT24df9.jpg

google "knight/warrior historical face reconstrutions" and you'll find plenty of brutal and hard looking faces.

• Like 2

verbeeg.gif

UT24df9.jpg

google "knight/warrior historical face reconstrutions" and you'll find plenty of brutal and hard looking faces.

You can still see plenty of these dumb looking mugs in wrestling, boxing and nightclub bouncers. Life always finds a way to find its niche, or perhaps it's just a result of being beaten so often that face turns into a cube shaped mug, lol.

In any case, not all fantasy characters are warriors by occupation, but by circumstances, coming from different layers and lineages of society, which does make an impact of appearance. And I think it's incorrect to apply any real life examples to a fantasy character in general.

Never claimed all fantasy characters were warriors or must have dumb looking mugs(I don't expect a wizard or bard to look like an mma fighter) :p, it was just a little jab at all the Drizzt Do'Urden and Sephiroth warrior type of characters who seem to be so popular in fantasy :w00t:

Well, it's all because of zeitgeist. I wouldn't call Drizzt pics from early books pretty in modern standarts:

Nr_039_5g.gif

Nr_039_8g.gif

drizzt_dourden_-_sojourn_-_jeff_easley.j

But people's tastes change over time and now he looks all dolled up, that's a modern thing:

LATEST-STORY_Heroes_Drizzt_T_1400602.jpg

1227736657fullres.jpg

Same goes for Sephiroth and all the other countless modern "girly" looking Japanese young male characters. It's their modern beauty standards for boys and young guys (also Japanese are total wackos :wowey: ). 

Edited by Aramintai
  • Like 1

UT24df9.jpg

You can still see plenty of these dumb looking mugs in wrestling, boxing and nightclub bouncers. Life always finds a way to find its niche, or perhaps it's just a result of being beaten so often that face turns into a cube shaped mug, lol.

In any case, not all fantasy characters are warriors by occupation, but by circumstances, coming from different layers and lineages of society, which does make an impact of appearance. And I think it's incorrect to apply any real life examples to a fantasy character in general.

Oh man, i thought that face reminded me of someone from another game.

Letho!

5912483-5168730898-59124.jpg

• Like 1

I prefer the modern consistency and alien physiognomy though. Older art often looks very much like edited photographs with elf ears slapped on. I suspect this was often the case since the industry was not as big back then and digital art not as sophisticated.

Edited by Artaios

I have always liked the design of elves in the Elder Scrolls games(especially the Dunmer):

They look like their own race and not just pretty humans with pointed ears.

Yeah, same here. The elves have actually a different skull model in the games. Elongated.

Back on topic: Here's hoping PoE III will have partially generated portraits. Very often you just wish the hair was a different color or longer. Maybe even templates for hair, ears and nose etc. At that point you might as well make it completely CG though. Unique art is nice but portraits seem to be so disconnected from the rest of the world at times. I am sure people will disagree with me though :p

Edited by Artaios

BdvWwR5.pngtmnEBPf.pngv0ZWlzY.png

stKOQBj.pngx0cGVLc.png6WwS9oY.png

My modified versions of portraits.

Original Maia is still hotter.

Agreed, Maia was fine as is. Also that Xoti is outdated, it's now this:

xoti-laura.jpg

Btw, who's that drunk/high looking blue orlan again? She's got a big portrait like a companion for whatever reason. Serafen's sibling? Or...Serafen turned Serafena, lol? 

Nope. ;)

Her named portrait is in the companions' folder. Guesses are that she's a temporary companion like Calisca or Heodan were. Another theory is that she's a ship crew member (although those guys don't have their portraits in the companions' folder). Maybe she's both. As far as I know nothing substancial has been revealed.

• Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

could somebody water color this guy for me? I think he works good for any class, since there is a feel of the sea about the portrait.  

00cfa003bbcb28c59ab4732844d3c740.jpg

If you find the rest of his head I can make it better fitting, but as it is:

fA1JGsB.png1E3xBOg.png

bQbPixB.pngv4PPFII.png

3pquWaP.jpg

atyoeTp.jpg

Did one of the godlike portraits somebody posted on here. Adjusted the crop though. There may still be too much detail. What do you guys think?

Not sure why I cannot upload them here. Tried png and then jpg but it told me that I could not upload this file type. I might be too fresh a member.

https://imgur.com/a/yR7M0i7

Edited by Artaios
  • Like 3