Consecrated Ground Bugged

fgalkin

Question

20 answers to this question

I does work for me, but just not as reliably as in PoE 1. It doesn't seem to last as long, or maybe it's instances haven't been adjusted to match other speed changes in melee. I seem to get one or two bursts in combat and then it is done. And so much happens between those bursts that it is effectively ineffective. And it seems to be inconsistent with how much it heals. Some characters benefit more from it than others. I'm not sure (other than maybe Might now) what affects how well this works for each character.

This is usually one of the first spells I cast. But now it seems if I cast it too soon, I lose any benefits because of "wasted" time before everyone closes in. But if I wait or cast it second, my priest is either interrupted or the battle is almost over before the boost takes affect.

This is certainly not as helpful a spell as it used to be.

Joe

It worked for me before, but now I've started a new game with a new build (Soulblade/Devoted) and it doesn't. Tried starting a new game with that build twice, spell consistently doesn't work both times (as you can see, it doesn't even register in character status effects mouseover screen)

I loaded it up and it works just fine. You can see in the combat log that every time CG pulses your chars get healed. If you hover over the "Additional Effects" in the log the tooltip will show you how much helath exactly was restored.

I don't know what else you expect it to do? 

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Look at the left of the screen (small tooltip) and how I hovered over the combat log (Additional Effects is white - sorry no mouse cursor visible):

screeny%20Consecrated%20Ground.png?dl=1

CG pulsed every 3 seconds or so and healed every time for 7.8 health. I can't see a bug. Maybe it was just displayed differently before?

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

On a related note, do characters still use their “friendly fire” barks when hit with Consecrated Ground? They did in the first game and it was fairly annoying; haven’t checked in Deadfire.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Super annoying. Hope not to hear those barks every time I use those in Deadfire.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus