Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Introducing the Seafarer's Scavenger Hunt!

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

Alt255

Alt255

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 3 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Is there any news coming or are we GoG users relegated to second-class customers on this still?

• Avantre, cjmead5@yahoo.com and Treval like this

huang

huang

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Yeah, I honestly feel like they should have gotten this working by now.

benwa69

benwa69

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

anything for GOG users yet?

huang

huang

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Honestly I'd feel better about this if they just had said they wouldn't do it.

Aranduin

Aranduin

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 182 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Honestly I'd feel better about this if they just had said they wouldn't do it.

A simple DLC is a good solution

• codeforcoffee likes this

Archaven

Archaven

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1481 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I got tired of waiting for these items on GOG so I made it myself. If you dig around in the gamedata files you can add any item you wish for the start of your game or an existing game.

Instructions.

1. Extract the zip to \Pillars of Eternity II Deadfire\PillarsOfEternityII_Data\exported\design\gamedata

2. The items will be in your inventory/ship stash.

3. Enjoy.

Here is the file to get your items. https://www.dropbox...._items.zip?dl=0

Thank you. It's such a shame Obsidian is treating GOG backers as 2nd class citizen. I'll think twice to pledge if they ever come out with a new Figstarter. They went all silence and keep ignoring but only to say they are working out something but nothing.

• benwa69, Deus_Ex and El Cubo like this

codeforcoffee

codeforcoffee

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Thanks for sharing that... would be nice if Obsidian would just release it as DLC for GOG, though.

• Deus_Ex likes this

BalkothTheFeared

BalkothTheFeared

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 85 posts

I got tired of waiting for these items on GOG so I made it myself. If you dig around in the gamedata files you can add any item you wish for the start of your game or an existing game.

Instructions.

1. Extract the zip to \Pillars of Eternity II Deadfire\PillarsOfEternityII_Data\exported\design\gamedata

3. Enjoy.

Thank you. It's such a shame Obsidian is treating GOG backers as 2nd class citizen. I'll think twice to pledge if they ever come out with a new Figstarter. They went all silence and keep ignoring but only to say they are working out something but nothing.

This kind-of response is why I wonder why Obsidian even bothers with a GoG version.

ThacoBell

ThacoBell

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 165 posts
  • Deadfire Backer

Instructions.

3. Enjoy.

This kind-of response is why I wonder why Obsidian even bothers with a GoG version.

I wouldn't buy the game if Steam was the only option.

• glennjones130486 and Colvane like this

Achilles

Achilles

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3043 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Gold Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

GOGobsidian.jpg

• ShadySands, Messier-31, Aranduin and 2 others like this

Aranduin

Aranduin

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 182 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Obsidian some news????????????????????

Azzy

Azzy

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
"Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire - Scavenger Hunt Rewards" That name is taken from the Galaxy data for Deadfire so they are working on it.
  • Fluffboll, Messier-31, mungomunk and 4 others like this

benwa69

benwa69

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

well who knows maybe we will have it for the 4th or 5th playthrough...

rustypup

rustypup

Rabid Fleabag of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 88 posts
  • Steam:rustypup
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Wowsers.

How hard is it to provide access to the content which is clearly *already* there? 

How do the GOG backers *not* interpret this as anything other than what it is? 

Wormerine

Wormerine

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2813 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Wowsers.

How hard is it to provide access to the content which is clearly *already* there? 

So what is it exactly? 

Obsidian getting paid by steam to screw gog users? Obsidian having a personal grudge against gog? Obsidian hating polish people?

I am really surprised that there is still no support for gog for those items, but I wont try to figure out what the reason for it exactly is. After s long, another free DLC would be enough I think. 

Messier-31

Messier-31

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2236 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Wowsers.

So what is it exactly? 

Obsidian getting paid by steam to screw gog users? Obsidian having a personal grudge against gog? Obsidian hating polish people?

Crab people.

ShadySands

ShadySands

The Guy on the Couch of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3247 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
Taste like crab, talk like people

Personally, I just grabbed the file that some nice person posted here and 3 seconds later I had all the scavenger items

huang

huang

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Personally, I just grabbed the file that some nice person posted here and 3 seconds later I had all the scavenger items

The problem with that is, it could stop working at any time. Every patch/update could kill it. And it's less elegant to put in extra files each time.

huang

huang

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

So what is it exactly? 

Obsidian getting paid by steam to screw gog users?

Kind of? I'm gonna say the reason is most likely that the scavenger hunt is a versus evil publisher thing. They (Obsidian) are probably contractually obliged to only have this on Steam. That might also explain why some Obs dev once talked about MAYBE putting this on GOG, because they just weren't aware of the legal stuff (not their area of expertise). If you check out the Steam and GOG store pages, then you'll notice that GOG lists Obsidian as both publisher and developer, while Steam has versus evil as publisher.

I even remember remember the tweets from versus evil, promoting Pillars II before release. They exclusively talked about buying the game on Steam, as if GOG didn't exist. I'm guessing versus evil only gets money if people buy the game on Steam and the game is only on GOG because Obsidian themselves put it there too.

Releasing these items as an extra DLC on GOG is so simple, that Obsidian would have done it by now, if there wasn't another reason stopping them to do so.

gkathellar

gkathellar

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2007 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

So what is it exactly? 

Obsidian getting paid by steam to screw gog users?

Kind of? I'm gonna say the reason is most likely that the scavenger hunt is a versus evil publisher thing. They (Obsidian) are probably contractually obliged to only have this on Steam. That might also explain why some Obs dev once talked about MAYBE putting this on GOG, because they just weren't aware of the legal stuff (not their area of expertise). If you check out the Steam and GOG store pages, then you'll notice that GOG lists Obsidian as both publisher and developer, while Steam has versus evil as publisher.

I even remember remember the tweets from versus evil, promoting Pillars II before release. They exclusively talked about buying the game on Steam, as if GOG didn't exist. I'm guessing versus evil only gets money if people buy the game on Steam and the game is only on GOG because Obsidian themselves put it there too.

Releasing these items as an extra DLC on GOG is so simple, that Obsidian would have done it by now, if there wasn't another reason stopping them to do so.

Or we could just apply Hanlon's Razor, instead of indulging in baseless conspiracy fantasies.

Edited by gkathellar, 02 July 2018 - 01:16 AM.

• ShadySands likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users