Introducing the Seafarer's Scavenger Hunt!

Have you found som thing out so we can get the codes is we get it from GOG ?? ½say and 18 H togo :)

Calling all Watchers! We are happy to bring to you the Explorer's Society Scavenger Hunt. The hunt encourages all Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire fans to search for secret codes that have been "hidden" in a variety of online and printed promotional assets for Pillars II. To read more about the scavenger hunt, check out our announcement! To take part, sign up at http://www.deadfirescavenger.com using your existing Obsidian account or by creating a new one. After connecting your Steam profile, you can start hunting down codes wherever you can find them and then enter them on Obsidian.net. Doing so unlocks up to 10 digital in-game items for Deadfire. Each item requires a different number of codes to unlock and progress is tracked via the official site.

Happy hunting, everyone!

The Scavenger hunt is a nice idea for marketing and for the community, but could you just make the content automatically available to all players once the codes have been found? Once found, all the codes become public, and the majority of players who use the codes are just going to copypaste the codes from the forum thread.

So for most players the hunt will not be a hunt, but just some copypasting. Making such an activity necessary just gates content behind unnecessary busywork. Besides most players will probably not even see the Scavenger hunt info and will thus miss out on the extra content.

• Like 4

The Scavenger hunt is a nice idea for marketing and for the community, but could you just make the content automatically available to all players once the codes have been found? Once found, all the codes become public, and the majority of players who use the codes are just going to copypaste the codes from the forum thread.

So for most players the hunt will not be a hunt, but just some copypasting. Making such an activity necessary just gates content behind unnecessary busywork. Besides most players will probably not even see the Scavenger hunt info and will thus miss out on the extra content.

Not saying they shouldn't do that but a lot of the content is already in the game anyway you are just getting it early (i assume) if you use the codes and even stuff like the pets that may not be available without the codes don't really make a difference to anything. There will be a ton of pets in the game. 

So if they don't do that I don't think it's really a big deal. 

• Like 1

So if they don't do that I don't think it's really a big deal. 

You'd be unique in being a consumer/backer who didn't feel jilted by being denied access to content based on your platform of choice.

• Like 4

Are you gonna throw rocks at me? What about now?

What about now?

So is this stuff that's already in the game? I chose GoG anyway, and don't regret it, but I'd like to know if I should bother copypasting once they get it working. I if just unlocks stuff early I'd rather not have them at all.

I got tired of waiting for these items on GOG so I made it myself. If you dig around in the gamedata files you can add any item you wish for the start of your game or an existing game.

Instructions.

1. Extract the zip to \Pillars of Eternity II Deadfire\PillarsOfEternityII_Data\exported\design\gamedata

2. The items will be in your inventory/ship stash.

3. Enjoy.

Here is the file to get your items. https://www.dropbox.com/s/3koid0jz7id32us/Scavhunt_items.zip?dl=0

• Like 14

As I never search for notices I bought in gog  :getlost:

But all my games are on the gog so I would not do differently =.=

Currently Playing

• Pillars of Eternity
  • Morrowind
  • Stardew Valley

Future Play

• Deadfire
  • Oblivion
  • The Witcher

So it's been dead quiet on the GoG front of this since the game launched.

Is there any news coming or are we GoG users relegated to second-class customers on this?

"How was I supposed to know it was that stone that held the dragons at bay... I mean it just stood there looking dull anyway"

So it's been dead quiet on the GoG front of this since the game launched.

Is there any news coming or are we GoG users relegated to second-class customers on this?

I hope Obsidian dont forget us...

I'm hoping that, now that they seem to have dealt with the worst of the bugs, they'll find an official way to implement it.

I got tired of waiting for these items on GOG so I made it myself. If you dig around in the gamedata files you can add any item you wish for the start of your game or an existing game.

Instructions.

1. Extract the zip to \Pillars of Eternity II Deadfire\PillarsOfEternityII_Data\exported\design\gamedata

3. Enjoy.

Here is the file to get your items. https://www.dropbox.com/s/3koid0jz7id32us/Scavhunt_items.zip?dl=0

Thank you. It's such a shame Obsidian is treating GOG backers as 2nd class citizen. I'll think twice to pledge if they ever come out with a new Figstarter. They went all silence and keep ignoring but only to say they are working out something but nothing.

• Like 3

Instructions.

3. Enjoy.

Thank you. It's such a shame Obsidian is treating GOG backers as 2nd class citizen. I'll think twice to pledge if they ever come out with a new Figstarter. They went all silence and keep ignoring but only to say they are working out something but nothing.

This kind-of response is why I wonder why Obsidian even bothers with a GoG version.

Want to play a dragon in Deadfire?

Try my subclass mod here!
https://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity2/mods/76

Instructions.

3. Enjoy.

This kind-of response is why I wonder why Obsidian even bothers with a GoG version.

I wouldn't buy the game if Steam was the only option.

• Like 2