https://eternity.obsidian.net/scavenger

Welcome Seafaring Friends,

Your adventures across the Deadfire region will soon begin, and where they will lead you is anyone's guess. There will be plenty of tough choices to make and challenges ahead. To help you prepare, we've put a scavenger hunt together that will bestow upon you various digital rewards for use during your journey. These can only be unlocked if you are able to hunt down and find the secret codes hidden in all manner of Deadfire assets around the web: in trailers, screenshots, livestreams, at events, and more!

Steps to start your seafaring adventure are simple:
Search for hidden codes in Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire assets
Once you've found a code, sign in to your Captain's Logbook and enter the code
After you have enough codes entered for each item, your digital reward will be added to your Steam account. There are 10 items to unlock in total.
Once the game launches, your unlocked items will appear in your inventory
Happy Hunting!

Because I'm a lazy bugger, let's post all information we find in this thread so that I don't we don't have to do any hard work!

I'll start... well, I haven't found anything yet ;(

Edited by Yosharian
  • Like 4

There is already a thread about it. In fact, it's right next to yours 

The information in that thread is scattered through 21 pages; it's time-consuming and difficult to find, mostly because they were trying to decipher the codes as they came out.

Now that we know it's not a cipher or anything and rather just codes to be entered, all that information (specifically the codes themselves) should be consolidated.

• Like 2

The information in that thread is scattered through 21 pages; it's time-consuming and difficult to find, mostly because they were trying to decipher the codes as they came out.

Now that we know it's not a cipher or anything and rather just codes to be entered, all that information (specifically the codes themselves) should be consolidated.

Have you checked the first post of that thread? All codes are consolidated there.

• Like 4

You lie?  I see no post that mentions the scavenger hunt

edit: you mean this? https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/95782-worldofeternity-funny-business-speculation/

I had no idea that had anything to do with the scavenger hunt  :blink:

Edited by Yosharian

Maybe finding the codes can be your very own scavenger hunt :D 

EDIT: You found them 

Yay, I'm a scavenger too

Anyway, my bad.  I had no idea this had been going on for so long.  I got this email from Obsi and assumed it was a new thing, and when I checked the forums briefly I saw nothing that mentioned a scavenger hunt  :wowey:

• Like 1

Maybe finding the codes can be your very own scavenger hunt :D 

EDIT: You found them 

Yay, I'm a scavenger too

Anyway, my bad.  I had no idea this had been going on for so long.  I got this email from Obsi and assumed it was a new thing, and when I checked the forums briefly I saw nothing that mentioned a scavenger hunt  :wowey:

Its a new thing, as if it wasn't officially announced before. Those codes have been compiled for quite a while as you can see. Now we know what they are for. 

• Like 1

Wait, so what if you acquired the game on GOG?

GoG users miss out I guess.

But the idea is pretty cool nonetheless, when I first saw the thread title I instantly thought it was gonna be something like the scavenger hunts in The Witcher 3 but was positively surprised :)

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Wait, so what if you acquired the game on GOG?

Eric responded on Reddit and said:

Unfortunately, GOG isn't set up for promotions like this the way Steam is. However, we're looking into what we can do for GOG users and hope to have something soon!

Gog is not currently supported, hopefully they will figure something out within the month, or I will be upset.

• Like 2

Likewise.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Why can't they just set up a site where we log in with our Obsidian account - log our codes found - then unlock a gog-code for DLC items? (I appreciate that if there are many items that might be a lot of work).  (Given that codes are just getting shared on a forum thread anyway, is there a chance of anyone not getting all the same codes as everyone else? - just give us the items :p )

Having a fun game before launch is a good idea ...just a bit disappointing that backers who prefer gog can't join in (I know Obs didn't deliberately decide to exclude gog backers and that this is a steam 'feature' that they're taking advantage of)

• Like 1

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

I thought the same, Silent Winter. Why can’t the codes be input into Obsidian’s backer portal to obtain redeemable DLC GoG codes? We’d miss out on the logbook graphics, perhaps, but that sure beats missing out on 10 items!

• Like 1

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I thought the same, Silent Winter. Why can’t the codes be input into Obsidian’s backer portal to obtain redeemable DLC GoG codes? We’d miss out on the logbook graphics, perhaps, but that sure beats missing out on 10 items!

I don't think there is anything preventing it - it would just be additional work for a bespoke system they are properly never going to use again. I am a GoG user too, and I too will be slightly miffed if I am excluded for the Scavenger Hunt DLC, but let us not kid ourselves - it is much easier (and quicker, and cheaper) to dream up a system than to fully design, implement, and test it.

Honestly, the easiest thing would be to just give all of the Scavenger Hunt DLC to the GoG backers and be done with it.

Edited by Night Stalker
  • Like 2

So that's what those codes are in the end... :)

They would have to make each item into a mini-DLC then?

So that's what those codes are in the end... :)

They would have to make each item into a mini-DLC then?

I think they already are?

At least they are split up into more than 1 file, from that Steam info someone posted the other day (and I can't seem to find now).

Yeah, I thought too these already are mini DLCs.

I’d be OK with just getting the items. Not as fun as taking part in the hunt, but better than nothing.

I'd hope that at some point down the line the rewards are released as a free bundled DLC for all platforms. It would be weird if people who want them, even on Steam, in six months time do have to input 55 codes into this portal.

Precisely. These items will be good as any other free dlc-bundle.

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...