Should I generate my Steam key today or wait until launch?

The only reason to wait would be if you can't decide between gog or steam.  If you're going "ummm....ahhh...hmmmm" then sleep on it.

Otherwise it's nice to see the game on your digital shelf (I assume steam has the same sort of thing as gog there), even if you can't DL it yet.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

At this point I would advise anyone who hasn't redeemed to redeem on steam unless they are die hard anti DRM.  Why?  Because you can't use the codes in the scavenger hunt unless you are on steam, GoG users won't get it apparently.

• Like 2

At this point I would advise anyone who hasn't redeemed to redeem on steam unless they are die hard anti DRM.  Why?  Because you can't use the codes in the scavenger hunt unless you are on steam, GoG users won't get it apparently.

Someone in another thread ( https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/96804-deadfire-scavenger-hunt/ ) said that gog was being worked on.

Where did you read that gog users won't get them?

• Like 1

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

Someone in another thread ( https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/96804-deadfire-scavenger-hunt/ ) said that gog was being worked on.

The exact quote from Obsidian is "However, we're looking into what we can do for GOG users and hope to have something soon!"

• Like 3

So yes, there is reason to way, unless you know if you want steam. I am a gog person, so in your place I would wait until they find a way to connect scavenger hunt with gog. If they won’t do it I would certainly go for steam.

There are benefits to procrastinating after all.

"Being worked on" and "We have a solution" are very different statements.

At this time, regardless of what Obsidian is trying to do, only Steam is getting the items from the scavenger hunt.  So unless you are die hard anti DRM/anti steam, there is really no incentive to wait around and see if Obsidian can do something for GoG.

Wise man once said, "One in the hand is better than two in the bush".

Edited by Karkarov

"Redeem on steam, double dip on gog."

• Like 2