Deadfire: Would you like to know more?

regarding carnage:

For my blood countess build I want to make enemies bleed as much as possible ( and also drain, but thats another question).

If my goal really is just bleeding and draining, mayabe I should go for barbarien/rogue (deep wounds and more full attacks) instead of barbarien/soul blade.

Lets say I got a barbarien/rogue with blood frenzy, axe modal, a wounding weapon, deep wounds and a rogue full attack that causes a dot (sorry, name forgotten).

- Do all of these dots stack? ( with each other and with themselves )

- Only blood frenzy is apllied to all carnage targets, all other effects apply only to the main target, right?

It might be interesting to have a char that focusses on causing as many dots as possible and max attack speed over high weapon damage per hit.

I think the dot damage ( except wounding ) does not depend on weapon damage but it has its own base damage and it is influenced by might.

For more vampire stuff:

Draining gives you 20% of weapon damage done as healing. It does not do extra damage and it does not heal from dots or lashes.

Since we do not have weapons with wounding or draining in the beta, we know only the stuff from talents and how it was in PoE1.

Actually I think you should go ranger/rogue and use Wounding Shot + Arterial Strike + Deep Wounds with Battle Axes. I tried it the day before yesterday and all the DoTs stack. It's very powerful with high MIG and INT. Cre_dummies and cre_tigers die so quickly despite their high health...

You can even summon a wolf as Ghost Heart or be a Stalker with a wolf. As far as I know know vampires can call/control wolves and so on. At least Bram Stoker's Darcula could. And somebody has to eat all the leftovers... ;) Also Predator's Sense + DoTs, you know.

Blood Frenzy is not so good in my opinion.

Another thing that would be possible is Soft Winds (causes DoT and drains endurance) and later maybe Old Siec as phrases. There's even a weakening chant which seems to fit.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Do we have a list of weapon modals any where? Oh btw does activating/deactivating them takes time or it's istant?

I've actually been having some difficulty finding a list of the modals. Best I've found is this YouTube video which goes over everything on the proficiency selection screen. Unfortunately that selection doesn't give detailed info. Meaning it tells you that the sword modal allows you to penetrate more effectively at the cost of deflection, but it doesn't give values on how much pen you gain and how much deflection you lose.

They change instantly, but there is a cooldown.

How long is the cooldown? I'm a little concerned that toggling the debuffing modals (like the morning star Body Blows modal that debuffs enemy fortitude) every X seconds will turn out to be the optimal usage. Seems cheesy.

Edited by Aravane

Do we have a list of weapon modals any where? Oh btw does activating/deactivating them takes time or it's istant?

I've actually been having some difficulty finding a list of the modals. Best I've found is this YouTube video which goes over everything on the proficiency selection screen. Unfortunately that selection doesn't give detailed info. Meaning it tells you that the sword modal allows you to penetrate more effectively at the cost of deflection, but it doesn't give values on how much pen you gain and how much deflection you lose.

They change instantly, but there is a cooldown.

How long is the cooldown? I'm a little concerned that toggling the debuffing modals (like the morning star Body Blows modal that debuffs enemy fortitude) every X seconds will turn out to be the optimal usage. Seems cheesy.

Yeah thanks for the vid, that was my only source of info for modals so far, but i was looking for something written to "study" better ;)

My second question was for your same concern. I was thinking of having 1 character dual wielding debuffing weapons and toggle the modal on/off before and after the debuff is applied

Why is it cheesy? You'll have a drawback in form of lower damage. I think the cooldown is between 3 to 4 secs. Just a guess though, didn't clock it or so.

Ah, I guess I didn't explain. Because you can make it kind of an active ability, rather than a modal. You start with the modal turned on, you hit once, the debuff gets applied (for 10 seconds?), you turn it off, you get in a couple of full-damage hits while the debuff persists on the enemy, you turn the modal on to reapply the debuff, and repeat...

Microing heavily like that to get some extra damage in doesn't seem intended. Would it work in the current beta?

Still no details, but it's better than a YouTube video. :) Thanks.

Does the ranger‘s full attack (something shot) work with melee weapons as it did in PoE?

Yes, Wounding Shot works in melee and is now a Full Attack, not Primary like in PoE. That means that dual weapons will each strike - mainhand (no recovery) --> offhand (recovery).

In PoE it was offhand --> mainhand for Full Attacks.

Does anyone know if the Barbarian ability Heart of Fury is in deadfire?  I can't find any info about it being in the game, and the high level dungeon stream from yesterday didn't have it on the barb which makes me worried.

And if it IS in the game, is it too high level to have on a multi-classed barb?

Reason I ask is because I've been thinking about making a berserker/skald for the crits and heart of fury would just be gravy on top.  Sort of related: does anyone know if Fighter's charge counts as a melee attack that will trigger the skald's unique crit giving phrases ability?

Does anyone know if the Barbarian ability Heart of Fury is in deadfire?  I can't find any info about it being in the game, and the high level dungeon stream from yesterday didn't have it on the barb which makes me worried.

Reason I ask is because I've been thinking about making a berserker/skald for the crits and heart of fury would just be gravy on top.  Sort of related: does anyone know if Fighter's charge counts as a melee attack that will trigger the skald's unique crit giving phrases ability?

According to the datamined ability list over at RPG Codex Heart of Fury is a Power Level 8 ability, so only accessible to single-classed barbarians.

Charge, cleave, carnage, disengagement attack, riposte all can trigger skald special thing. Only carnage of these is not an 'attack' so it won't trigger weapon proc on hit, and won't generate focus for cipher. All the rest will.

How did you test Charge? It doesn't work at all for me in the beta. Is there a workaround?

In PoE the "AoE" line of Charge didn't use weapon damage. It had its own base damage.

I would assume that all "pseudo-melee" stuff that is not based on weapon damage (Into the Fray and Clearout for example) will not count for the Skald's phrase generation, but I may be wrong.