Deadfire: Would you like to know more?

Agree that it makes no sense to dual wield daggers when enabling the modal. However, I think it's more like a design flaw than a bug or miss-implementation of the system rules that they conceived. Since it's harder to modify the game's system rules (in this case stacking rules), maybe it would be better to modify the modal so that it makes sense with the current format (even when dual wielding).

Edited by kmbogd

Deep Wounds - what's the base duration, and does it stack with itself?

Base duration is 9 seconds, and it stacks with itself. You only see the duration of the longest bleed effect remaining, but they all run for their full duration. I.E. if you attack once per 3 seconds, you'll always have three bleed effects up on the target.

**Updated 'cause I was wrong.

- If you attack with a blunderbuss, does each bullit cause deep wounds? ( same question for combusting wounds )

- If you see only the one with the longest duration, how do you know that there are several of them at the same time?

Yes - like in PoE each pellet of a blunderbuss will trigger CW.

Same with Confounding Blind and The Shield Cracked (upgrade of chanter's Hel Hyraf) by the way: each pellet triggers. Also removes Mirrored Image or Iron Skin and stops The Dance Continues (upgraded Dance of Death).

- for example the red numbers that pop out of enemies' heads. :)

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

You know what? I didn't test what happens when you use the DoT upgrade of Blinding Strike with a blunderbuss (because I always used Confounding Blind). Will the enemy suffer 5 or even 10 parallel DoTs? They don't depend on weapon damage...

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Good thread.

My question: If you lower a target's constitution, what happens to its current health? If a target has 75/100 health and loses 5 con from sickened, is its health now 75/75? 50/75? 57/75 (percentage stays same)?

Also, on the topic of status effects, are they in general weaker now? In Pillars 1, stunned was -30 deflection, blinded was -20 deflection and -25 accuracy, and weakened was -20 will, -20 fortitude. Now, weakened only drops constitution by 5 and has a healing debuff, for instance.

Edited by z_liquid
  • Like 1

Here's a question: if a character has an inspiration AND a resistance to afflictions on the same stat, what happens when a first-level affliction on that stat is cast? Is the inspiration still removed, or does the affliction resistance protect the inspiration? For example, if a character has both Steadfast and a resistance to Resolve afflictions, would landing a Shaken on the character remove the Steadfast buff or not?

Edited by TheMetaphysician

Good thread.

My question: If you lower a target's constitution, what happens to its current health? If a target has 75/100 health and loses 5 con from sickened, is its health now 75/75? 50/75? 57/75 (percentage stays same)?

Also, on the topic of status effects, are they in general weaker now? In Pillars 1, stunned was -30 deflection, blinded was -20 deflection and -25 accuracy, and weakened was -20 will, -20 fortitude. Now, weakened only drops constitution by 5 and has a healing debuff, for instance.

1) It would be 57/75 (the percentage would remain the same). So debuffing enemy Constitution is effectively buffing party damage. Here are some numbers from when I played Barbarian:

Before activating Frenzy:

124/192 (~65%)

After activating Frenzy:

152/235 (~65%)

Before Frenzy expired:

219/235 (~93%)

After Frenzy expired:

178/192 (~93%)

2) There are still regular ol' debuffs that you can apply in addition to capital-a Afflictions, they vary in power similarly to in Pillars 1, and they do stack with Afflictions' effects. They can't remove Inspirations, though.

As an example, you could apply Frightened, Blinded, and Confused to an enemy, and cast Arkemyr's Wondrous Torment (-10 res/int/per), and you'd be debuffing that enemy for a total of -15 res/int/per. But if you then cast Psychovampiric Shield (-10 res) on that enemy, it wouldn't stack with AWT.

Edited by Cheston
  • Like 2

On the Corpse Eater Barbarian subclass, in pillars most of the enemies either died or exploded. How often in deadfire could a barbarian actually eat someone?

In PoE1 you could deactivate gib in the menu. This means that enemies are not destroyed when defeted. At some point Boeroer said he did this when he used the chanter spell that lets corpses explode ( white worms, I guess ).

I think the option to deactivate gib is in PoE2 too, but I am not 100% sure right now.

• Like 1

In PoE1 you could deactivate gib in the menu. This means that enemies are not destroyed when defeted. At some point Boeroer said he did this when he used the chanter spell that lets corpses explode ( white worms, I guess ).

Right. You can also reuse the "non-exploded" corpses over and over again in PoE with White Worms. Don't know if that's also the case with Flesh Communion or White Worms in Deadfire.

I turn off gib anyways because I think it's silly that enemies explode from weapons attacks...

You can turn gib off in Deadfire, too. I didn't test if Flesh Communion works on exploded bodies... will do... wait a sec...

Edit: So I can confirm that you can't eat exploded (death on crit) enemies. Once you turn off gib it works fine and you can have your meal. :)

And yes: you can eat the same enemy multiple times with Flesh Communion.

You can also eat yourself, heal up and then die... nice bug! :)

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Right. You can also reuse the "non-exploded" corpses over and over again in PoE with White Worms. Don't know if that's also the case with Flesh Communion or White Worms in Deadfire.

I turn off gib anyways because I think it's silly that enemies explode from weapons attacks...

You can turn gib off in Deadfire, too. I didn't test if Flesh Communion works on exploded bodies... will do... wait a sec...

Edit: So I can confirm that you can't eat exploded (death on crit) enemies. Once you turn off gib it works fine and you can have your meal. :)

And yes: you can eat the same enemy multiple times with Flesh Communion.

You can also eat yourself, heal up and then die... nice bug! :)

Lol what do u mean eat yourself.