Deadfire: Would you like to know more?

As far as I know it's like the spell resistance of the Mage Slayer: 5% chance that the graze/hit/crit is canceled completely (maybe turned into a miss? Don't know how it's done). But I didn't test it.

I guess the blocking of the medium shield modal works the same way? Also didn't test that one yet.

Just tested the shield block modal and indeed "resistance vs weapons" means that there is a chance for a crit/hit/graze to be canceled completely. IMO they should change the term to "immunity vs weapons" to correspond to what we know of resistance/immunity in the case of afflictions. Right now resistance has one meaning in the context of afflictions and another meaning in the context of weapon attacks (which is confusing).

• Like 1

Cool - I mean the testing.

I just assumed that because usually developers want to reuse code. ;)

I agree that there should be another term for this to avoid confusion. Something like eschewal or what? English is not my mother tongue, so can't really say...

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

What has happened to Black Jacket's bonuses when targeting enemy's weakest armor type?

I'll quote my previous question, for convenience:

Why is focus amount displayed on portrait, under every spell level and at the beginning of spell list as well? Can those numbers ever differ?

Is it same for chanter?

Vancian =/= per rest.

Deep Wounds - what's the base duration, and does it stack with itself?

Base duration is 9 seconds, and it stacks with itself. You only see the duration of the longest bleed effect remaining, but they all run for their full duration. I.E. if you attack once per 3 seconds, you'll always have three bleed effects up on the target.

**Updated 'cause I was wrong.

Edited by Cheston
  • Like 1

I saw that the modal for daggers increases deflection and decreases damage, and I'm kind of curious what happens if you dual-wield them.  Do you get double the deflection buff and double the damage penalty?

If you're wielding a dagger and a non-dagger, does the damage penalty just apply to attacks with the dagger?

The damage penalty only applies to that dagger.

If you wield 2 daggers with the modal on you get +20 deflection instead of +10 and each of them is doing less damage. 

Edited by Boeroer

If you wield 2 daggers with the modal on you get +20 deflection instead of +10 and each of them is doing less damage. 

Cool, that's what I was hoping it would be like, but you can never be sure.

The damage penalty presumably doesn't effect non-weapon skills, so my chanter could still use invocations and damaging chants without penalty while still getting the +20 deflection in "Oh S---!" moments. :)

The tooltip of Paladin's Faith and Conviction says so. I assume it's left out of the beta because you play from lvl 6 to 9 and there's no way to get enough disposition points in that short phase.

• Like 1

Thx for your answers. I still find weird the increase of abilities cost (making them less attractive as you progress) but I'll see by myself when the game out. Do you get more power resource at later level or does it increase only at +1 each time?

I have a few questions about some emchanics :

- If you have more than 1 chanter in the group, does phrases stacks if they use different one at same time, and can you keep a phrase always on if two chanters alternate it?

- Same with Paladins, do auras stack if you choose a different one?

- the monk torment reach is stated as melee in the wiki, does that mean it only work with melee weapon or can you use it with a ranged weapon (like minor blights) but at melee range? If you have minor blights in one hand (I think it is one handed?) and a melee weapon off hand, which weapon will be used?

- does duality of mortal presence stack with an inpiration that give the same bonus?

- I think carnage in b4 don't proc passives, but can other AOE weapons like minor blights or blast rod?

- does the berserker bonus  hit to critic is a passive (and can stack with another active buff) or considered an active bonus of frenzy?

And last one : the game have a party assist bonus for the skills, is it always on or only used in conversation? For the purpose of using scrolls or potion bonus, does the game check the character personnal skill or does it include the party assist?

thx all.

Are you sure? I remember to have tested it and found out that you could get only +10 deflection, even with both modals activated

• Like 1

You are right: it's only +10 deflection against melee attacks with dw dagger + modal. So no point in using two daggers, which is stupid. Because if you use one dagger and  let's say an axe you also get +10 deflection but the axe will not have the -25% damage malus - while when you use two daggers you will have +10 deflection as well but BOTH daggers will suffer from -25% damage (just tested in beta4).

Really stupid.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 2

You are right: it's only +10 deflection against melee attacks with dw dagger + modal. So no point in using two daggers, which is stupid. Because if you use one dagger and  let's say an axe you also get +10 deflection but the axe will not have the -25% damage malus - while when you use two daggers you will have +10 deflection as well but BOTH daggers will suffer from -25% damage (just tested in beta4).

Really stupid.

Avoid to make shield less attractive? They could perhaps make it so the second dagger give less deflection.

Can you activate 2 different modals or are they mutual exclusives?

Really stupid.

At least stacking rules are consistent :)

Vancian =/= per rest.

Are you sure? I remember to have tested it and found out that you could get only +10 deflection, even with both modals activated

What about dagger + hatchet?

On the other hand, dagger + shield should work, any shield modal.

Really stupid.

That's really disappointing.  My first character I want to import is a dual-dagger wielding chanter (will be skald/shattered pillar), and while I wasn't planning on relying on the modal, the fact that it works this way seems to make dual-wielding daggers a really bad idea.

You are right: it's only +10 deflection against melee attacks with dw dagger + modal. So no point in using two daggers, which is stupid. Because if you use one dagger and let's say an axe you also get +10 deflection but the axe will not have the -25% damage malus - while when you use two daggers you will have +10 deflection as well but BOTH daggers will suffer from -25% damage (just tested in beta4).

Really stupid.

You have a point there. But then the -25% damage shouldn't get applied to both daggers as well.

What about dagger + hatchet?

On the other hand, dagger + shield should work, any shield modal.

Dagger + hatchet works really well. 

• Dual wield attack speed buffs of -50% recovery with two weapon style. Means you can wear heavy plate and still have good attack speed or go naked for massive dps boost.
  • You get the +5 accuracy when attacking with the dagger
  • You get the +3 deflection from the hatchet
  • When you activate the dagger modal you get the +10 deflection boost
  • When you activate the hatchet modal you get the -10 accuracy debuff

Better offense than using a shield and comparable defense when you activate one modal, better defense when you activate both. Works really good with an offensive tank like a Bleak Walker/Berserker Fanatic, Deep Faith gets you good defenses that get increased with the hatchet and then you can activate modals when you want more.

You are right: it's only +10 deflection against melee attacks with dw dagger + modal. So no point in using two daggers, which is stupid. Because if you use one dagger and let's say an axe you also get +10 deflection but the axe will not have the -25% damage malus - while when you use two daggers you will have +10 deflection as well but BOTH daggers will suffer from -25% damage (just tested in beta4).

Really stupid.

You have a point there. But then the -25% damage shouldn't get applied to both daggers as well.

Actually I think it does because the modal is worded this way: "-25% dmg with dagger weapons". So it does not affect the single dagger for which the modal is activated but all daggers with which the character is equipped. IMO this works as intended, stacking rules suppress the second dagger's modal to apply an additional effect (additional +10 deflection and additional -25% dmg with dagger weapons).

Edited by kmbogd

Eh... maybe. But nonetheless it's stupid that you get +10 deflection and -25% dmg on both weapons when you use dagger + dagger but +10 deflection and -25% on one weapon only when you use dagger + rapier.

That makes dual daggers a very bad pick and that shouldn't be the case.

Bu the way: you only get one parrying-blade-modal-button with two daggers which activates the modal of both weapons.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 2