If you take Confounding Blind you can still crit like crazy. But yes - a buff with Intuitive like Disciplined Strike would be nice for rogues as well. Or a strike that paralyzed (comes later with the rogue). Paralyzed enemies give you 50% hit-to-crit conversion.

Also Finishing/Devastating Blow multiple times per encounter is a lot more powerful than in PoE. Same as multiple invisibility uses (in order to stack Backstab, Sneak and later Deathblows) - in PoE it was 2/rest.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

If you take Confounding Blind you can still crit like crazy. But yes - a buff with Intuitive like Disciplined Strike would be nice for rogues as well. Or a strike that paralyzed (comes later with the rogue). Paralyzed enemies give you 50% hit-to-crit conversion.

Also Finishing/Devastating Blow multiple times per encounter is a lot more powerful than in PoE. Same as multiple invisibility uses (in order to stack Backstab, Sneak and later Deathblows) - in PoE it was 2/rest.

I thought the Finishing blow is a little buggy, only get bonus damage when enemy is off 50% hp, anyway not very impressived with it.

No, but Devastating Blow is good on stuff with very high health like Titan for example. Backstab, then Devastating Blow is not bad. I guess against really big bosses Smoke Cloud + Backstab + Devastating Blow might be a great finisher. Especially with high MIG and a lash from Shared Flames and/or Mith Fyr.

The trickster is already a kind of rogue/illusionist. If I want protective magic with a rogue, I would use a rogue/wizard.

A trickster may be useful to make a melee char more tankier, like a fighter/trickster or paladin/trickster.

Personally I like the rogue of PoE2. In PoE1 the best stuff was per rest, like invisibility+backstab or finishing blow.

Now you can use those things more often.

Now there is one question for me:

Should I use my guile for invisibility+backstab ( probaly the best for 2h weapons ) or should I spam full attacks ( crippling strikes gives extra penetration, probably the best when dual wielding)

hang on hang on hang on

The rogues ability to passively crit in the first game (without using per encounter/ rest abilities ) like blind, hobble is gone. 

I dont think you are quite realising the significance of this. This has been taken away and compensated with more abilites that are almost excactly the same as the first games abilities eg blind, hobble, weaken applying afflictions.

Seriosly WTF rogues have been nerfed and they where allready weak in the Pillars 1 late game. The ability that made rogues strong in the Pilllars 1 early game has been taken away Reckless assualt!!!!! now they are weak all the game!!!!!

And the weapon stacking accuracy talents are gone aswell so yoyu cant stack with RA.

WTF!!!!!!!   

I'm realizing a lot these days. Especially because I play all that stuff before starting rants.

Since when did rogues in PoE have upgrades to strikes - like Confounding Blind that reduces the enemies' deflection with every hit or Arterial Strike lets them suffer 6 damage with every step they make?

Since when could rogues in PoE use Backstab or Finishing Blow multiple times per encounter?

Since when did rogues Persistent Distraction unlock Sneak Attack in PoE?

Since when could round multiply their additive dmg bonuses with MIG in PoE?

All that stuff makes the rogue a lot more powerful than in PoE. He also got a lot sturdier than in PoE.

The only thing that misses is Reckless Assault. Why don't I give a damn?

Reckless Assault is good in the early game - but it's non-stackable(!). Those potential +8 ACC are bad after the early game. Not only because 8 ACC is not that important at that point but also it supresses/got suppressed by any other universal ACC buff. And in Deadfire it would not stack with Zealous Focus, Devotions and so on. So no big loss.

Also rogues strikes come with ACC or PEN bonuses. The loss of Reckless Assault in the beta is not a big deal.

As if 8 accuracy would make you crit like crazy...

And who says that there will not be more ACC and/or conversion stuff at higher levels?

And since when is hobbled gone?

Weapon Focus is gone for everybody so no impact on balance.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 2

I also don't think rogues are too bad specially multiclass ones. They just need some fix to be perfect:

• backstab favors big sword, rogue active abilities favors two weapon style, so u will need to switch between if u want optimized performance
  • some rogue abilities has unreasonable cost, like wither strike. Or very useless, like strike the bell.
  • too many active abilities, too few passive, specially compare to monks

Otherwise I think rogues are good.

• Like 2

Stop attacking the private lives of other users, please. I really don't want to have to put my moderating hat on. It's heavy, uncomfortable and it makes me cranky.

• Like 7

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Thread pruned.  If you believe this thread is for topics not involving rogues in PoEII and their "suckage" or lack thereof, please re-read Pidesco's post and re-consider your misapprehension before continuing. 
  • Like 6

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

This is a demo illustrating the tender mercies of the Holy Slayer (rogue+paladin). This build is a Josh Sawyer special appareantly.

Ouch!

You listed a lot of videos here showing that a multiclass rogue is good, well nobody here disagree that rogue is good when multiclassed. But I think the question we discussed in this thread mainly is if single class rogue sucks or not.

Also if you nerf rogue and paladin because of holy slayer combo is OP, well good luck with single class rogue, paladin players. Imo the best solution is not nerf but making class power scales more smoothly. For example making sneak attack less powerful at beginning and make it scales with Power Level.

Edited by dunehunter
  • Like 2

I can’t believe you can multiclass a rogue with a paladin.

A righteous theiving holy backstabbing scoundrel.

poe rogues are not necessarily "thieving."

poe paladins are not holy and do not need be righteous.

rogue is nothing more than a descriptor o' a brutal fighting style.

paladins derive power from the strength o' their convictions, but they need not be dedicated to a deity and they sure don't need be loyal to a code o' conduct which includes helping old ladies across the street and defending puppies and children from evil doers.

obsidian made a nomenclature error with a few o' their poe classes.  in an attempt to evoke nostalgia o' the ie games, obsidian used ie game class names without necessarily carrying over the ie game class roles.  is unfortunate, but some folks has never been able to overcome unrealistic class expectations based on nothing save class name.  

probable shouldn't poceede much further as this is not only well tilled soil, but is largely off-topic.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 3

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

You listed a lot of videos here showing that a multiclass rogue is good, well nobody here disagree that rogue is good when multiclassed. But I think the question we discussed in this thread mainly is if single class rogue sucks or not.

Also if you nerf rogue and paladin because of holy slayer combo is OP, well good luck with single class rogue, paladin players. Imo the best solution is not nerf but making class power scales more smoothly. For example making sneak attack less powerful at beginning and make it scales with Power Level.

Well I'm just interested in rogues in general, and indeed the whole question of multi- vs single classing, so. If the multi-classing apect of rogues don't interest you, please feel free to ignore.

Edited by Gregorovitch